Greece Greece - Ben Needham, 21 mos, Isle of Kos, 24 July 1991

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"When Kerry Needham held her newborn granddaughter in her arms for the first time her overwhelming joy was tinged with a small but distinct jolt of pain.

Little Hermione was everything she could hope for in her first grandchild. But with her tiny face and dark hair she was the image of Kerry’s long-lost son Ben.

He’s the boy who mysteriously vanished on a Greek island when Kerry, now 42, was only 19 and he was a toddler of 21 months.

Kerry, who was present in the labour room when her daughter Leighanna gave birth, says: “It was so emotional. My own experiences of labour came flooding back. Hermione looked very much like Ben with tufts of dark hair just like his."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-l...needham-sister-welcomes-3421867#ixzz2zfvXqvXx
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

In chilling echoes of the Madeleine McCann case, 21-month-old Ben Needham vanished during a holiday with his parents on the Greek island Kos in 1991 — but now his mother Kerry, 42, of Sheffield, England, has issued an extraordinary appeal on a website set up to find him.

“This is a direct appeal to anyone who is around 25 years old and possibly living with a family who you look nothing like, I beg you to get in contact with me.
“I promise to cause no problems for your family who you live with, I just want you to know the truth about what happened to you and to know you are healthy and happy.”
“A simple DNA sample can be taken from you without causing any distress to anyone,” she writes in her appeal.
“So if you think you were born in 1989 and you have blue/grey eyes and a possible birthmark on your leg, YOU could be Ben!!!

http://www.news.com.au/world/you-co...n-is-still-alive/story-fndir2ev-1227223873328

873519-9d98491c-b6fe-11e4-89a7-658c9eaa89c0.jpg

How sad for both the Needham family and this poor man who doesn't have any answers about his past.

Seven new lines of enquiry as a result of the TV appeal.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-32763397

Crossing my fingers that one of those new leads bring results, Ben's Mum could well be right on target!
From Ellmau's link..

"Kerry Needham has always maintained her son, who would now be 25, is still alive.

"It is just a feeling I have inside myself," she said.

"It feels like he is saying 'come on I am here, come and get me'. I believe he's out there, I don't think its going to be long, we are going to get somewhere. I am hopeful anyway.

"I want him to know, as his mum, I love him as much today as the day he was born. I will never never stop looking for him."

Perhaps with this new news, this thread can become active again since named POI...I wonder who this family is, and why do they have such a stranglehold on the island?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back