Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, Murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from a Canadian background, my first reaction to learning that she's a hypnotherapist, not a psychologist or psychiatrist, why did they go to somebody like her for post natal depression instead of to a professional? She's who you'd go see if you wanted to quit smoking.

At around the ten minute mark she starts talking, for about five minutes, about "hypnobirthing."

How long did the victim see this hypnotherapist? Because I'm wondering if maybe the victim started seeing her when she was pregnant (for hypnobirthing) and then just kept seeing her afterwards? MOO

In this interview the hypnotherapist claims to have told the victim to not disclose to others the fact that they were going to build a house. I'd like to have more details on this supposed conversation with the victim, and who among the three present (victim, B, and hypnotherapist) during this session brought up this topic. I might be reading something into it here, but it sounds to me like the hypnotherapist is victim-blaming, and I don't like that. MOO

«Καρολάιν και Μπάμπης ήταν πολύ αγαπημένοι, με ενοχλούν τα σενάρια», λέει η ψυχολόγος της κοπέλας

At around the ten minute mark she starts talking, for about five minutes, about "hypnobirthing."

How long did the victim see this hypnotherapist? Because I'm wondering if maybe the victim started seeing her when she was pregnant (for hypnobirthing) and then just kept seeing her afterwards? MOO

The article mentions that "the couple" was seeing the hypnotherapist for "months". So this hypnobirthing theory doesn't seem to be valid.

Perhaps the hypnotherapist was the only person that CC was permitted to see, other than her husband. MOO.

Have any friends from where they were living spoken out or done vigils etc?

We need to remember that her husband was paying the hypnotherapist's bill. C had no friends where she lived. Refer back to my post, #8. A tv show did interview her best friend, Faidra Karoutsou, who, if I remember correctly, only talked to her about once a month, and saw her during C's summer returns home. Maybe @PatrickJane could listen to her interview, if he has time?

We need to remember that her husband was paying the hypnotherapist's bill. C had no friends where she lived. Refer back to my post, #8. A tv show did interview her best friend, Faidra Karoutsou, who, if I remember correctly, only talked to her about once a month, and saw her during C's summer returns home. Maybe @PatrickJane could listen to her interview, if he has time?
Are you referring to the "Light in the Tunnel" show? Was it in the first episode on this topic? The second?

Yes! That's it! Faidra's pic shows up at 1:04:09. I'm assuming that the few minutes before that, the tv host is introducing her segment! Please, have a watch.

It weird, though. If that's the same person in the interview as in the picture, then why is the interview done with her back turned to the camera? It sounds like they want to hide her identity and they don't refer to her by name.

It's about a five minute interview which is, at times, hard to hear because she's very distraught and crying over the loss of her friend. This friend lives on the small island where she and the victim went to school and grew up together. She talks about B and CC's relationship. I didn't catch anything about CC not having friends where she lived with B. Regarding this friend in particular, it would make sense that CC rarely saw this friend, because she moved off the island sometime after her marriage to B.

Yes! That's it! Faidra's pic shows up at 1:04:09. I'm assuming that the few minutes before that, the tv host is introducing her segment! Please, have a watch.
The reconstruction appears to show B lying on the bedroom floor, face down, with his hands tied behind his back and ankles tied together. Nothing like the other reconstruction where his upper arms are bound to his sides with tape going all around his chest and his hands tied in front of him. It's so hard to understand what actually happened.

It weird, though. If that's the same person in the interview as in the picture, then why is the interview done with her back turned to the camera? It sounds like they want to hide her identity and they don't refer to her by name.

It's about a five minute interview which is, at times, hard to hear because she's very distraught and crying over the loss of her friend. This friend lives on the small island where she and the victim went to school and grew up together. She talks about B and CC's relationship. I didn't catch anything about CC not having friends where she lived with B. Regarding this friend in particular, it would make sense that CC rarely saw this friend, because she moved off the island sometime after her marriage to B.

It's the same person. I don't understand either, why they used a pic of her, which anybody can figure out is Faidra. What is your view on her outlook of C and B's relationship?

The reconstruction appears to show B lying on the bedroom floor, face down, with his hands tied behind his back and ankles tied together. Nothing like the other reconstruction where his upper arms are bound to his sides with tape going all around his chest and his hands tied in front of him. It's so hard to understand what actually happened.

We're referencing the vid only for Faidra's interview. I imagine B's position as displayed there was how the show producers assumed he was when police got there? So much info has changed since this vid was posted!

It's the same person. I don't understand either, why they used a pic of her, which anybody can figure out is Faidra. What is your view on her outlook of C and B's relationship?
We're referencing the vid only for Faidra's interview. I imagine B's position as displayed there was how the show producers assumed he was when police got there? So much info has changed since this vid was posted!
Ah, ok, I understand, thanks.

Last edited:

In regard to her saying anything about CC's friends on the mainland, I listened again to see if maybe I missed something. Maybe this friend said something in another interview? Or maybe it was a bad translation? The only thing I could see along these lines that might have been mistranslated was, at one point this friend says, "she (CC) complained to me that she didn't want us to lose touch with one another." In the context of this friend living on the island and the CC living on the mainland, this makes sense to me as meaning just what it says, as CC wanting to keep in touch with her close friend. I wouldn't make any inferences from this that that meant CC had a lack of friends on the mainland.

She says CC had a little problem with the pregnancy, the baby was a little premature, but everything was fine. Recently she asked her how she (CC) was doing with the baby, and she said she was very happy that she had had the baby, that they played together all the time, and CC had a wonderful time with her baby.

The interviewer says that CC was living her dream, it was a fairy tale love story. The friend agrees and says it was a fairy tale. She remember one time they had gone to Volos for a student conference and were getting ready to leave (Volos and return to the island presumably) midday. And she remembers that B arrived that day, by bus, only for two hours, and he brought CC some things, and (in order) to see her, and afterwards they (just the students and without B presumably) were going to leave. "Unimaginable, it appeared an unimaginable love. I was jealous of this type of love. I marveled at it. I believed that someday 'oh, maybe I'd too' (have a love like that). It was like a fairy tale. He'd come (frequently) by helicopter to see her . . . since, you could see this when you went out, that when he'd look at her, he'd melt. When he'd look at her, he'd melt."

Last edited:
In regard to her saying anything about CC's friends on the mainland, I listened again to see if maybe I missed something. Maybe this friend said something in another interview? Or maybe it was a bad translation? The only thing I could see along these lines that might have been mistranslated was, at one point this friend says, "she (CC) complained to me that she didn't want us to lose touch with one another." In the context of this friend living on the island and the CC living on the mainland, this makes sense to me as meaning just what it says, as CC wanting to keep in touch with her close friend. I wouldn't make any inferences from this that that meant CC had a lack of friends on the mainland.

She says CC had a little problem with the pregnancy, the baby was a little premature, but everything was fine. Recently she asked her how she (CC) was doing with the baby, and she said she was very happy that she had had the baby, that they played together all the time, and CC had a wonderful time with her baby.

The interviewer says that CC was living her dream, it was a fairy tale love story. The friend agrees and says it was a fairy tale. She remember one time they had gone to Volos for a student conference and were getting ready to leave (Volos and return to the island presumably) midday. And she remembers that B arrived that day, by bus, only for two hours, and he brought CC some things, and (in order) to see her, and afterwards they (just the students and without B presumably) were going to leave. "Unimaginable, it appeared an unimaginable love. I was jealous of this type of love. I marveled at it. I believed that someday 'oh, maybe I'd too' (have a love like that). It was like a fairy tale. He'd come (frequently) by helicopter to see her . . . since, you could see this when you went out, that when he'd look at her, he'd melt. When he'd look at her, he'd melt."

Sorry for the confusion. From this article, the hypnotist is the one that stated C had no friends where she lived:

Η Καρολάιν δεν είχε φίλες, οι φίλες της ήταν στην Αλόννησο και αφιέρωνε όλο τον χρόνο στο παιδάκι της. Στην ψυχολόγο έκανε καθε φορά κατάθεση ψυχής.

This made me want to hear any insight Faidra had into the relationship. Fairytale, eh? Prince Charming in public. She is with C at a conference and he shows up at the end? Why? Can't she just be with her friends for once? But no, it's not jeez, he's got her on a tight leash, it's look at how he fawns over her. Again, why didn't she have local friends, even some new mother baby online group? These are just MOO on observations of their relationship.

ETA: As @elliefant notes, fairytales were traditionally (Brothers) Grimm. It's easy to forget their true nature with Disney around.

Last edited:
It reminds me of the discussion on the Morphew thread of the husband turning up during Suzanne’s Florida girl trip with her friends.

Fairy tale stories are often only happy in their endings. Poor Caroline didn’t get a happy ending.

It reminds me of the discussion on the Morphew thread of the husband turning up during Suzanne’s Florida girl trip with her friends.

Fairy tale stories are often only happy in their endings. Poor Caroline didn’t get a happy ending.
I can't help but notice the way the couple's relationship is being mentioned in the press. I can't see how it's relevant. They could have been at each other's throats 24/7 for all the relevance it has to the alleged crime that took CC's life (and her poor dog's). Why do we need to hear about how much they loved each other, or how supportive he was of her mental health issues, or how often he flew his helicopter to pick her up and whisk her away on romantic dates? What's the need for all this over-egging? I mean, it's not like anyone's accusing him of anything is it?

I can't help but notice the way the couple's relationship is being mentioned in the press. I can't see how it's relevant. They could have been at each other's throats 24/7 for all the relevance it has to the alleged crime that took CC's life (and her poor dog's). Why do we need to hear about how much they loved each other, or how supportive he was of her mental health issues, or how often he flew his helicopter to pick her up and whisk her away on romantic dates? What's the need for all this over-egging? I mean, it's not like anyone's accusing him of anything is it?
Just to be fair, there are a lot of people who are asking questions about what really happened that night and how and why (me included). We are asking questions here others are asking the same questions on SM and even in the press articles and on TV the reporters are doing the same, not only in Greece but internationally too. I can imagine this would make someone get on the defensive innocent or not.

Last edited:
I dont take any sides in this case (except Justice for Caroline), I live in a far away country and only follow this case on Websleuths. And for an impartial observer like me one thing is striking. Amid all distracting elements (gangs/mafias from all over the world, Silver Colts and hypnotiser) I see a giant red flag flapping in the wind. And it is: in a seemingly simple robbery only a wife and a dog are murdered in a terrible way and a husband comes out of it unscathed. Thank you very much - I have no further questions.

Just to be fair, there are a lot of people who are asking questions about what really happened that night and how and why (me included). We are asking questions hier others are asking the same questions on SM and even in the press articles and on TV the reporters are doing the same, not only in Greece but internationally too. I can imagine this would make someone get on the defensive innocent or not.
Of course. And I agree. The whole sorry saga is hard to comprehend. But I just don't get why the therapist and CC's best friend, for example, would be defensive about the couple's relationship. You'd think, as people who had a very personal connection with CC, they of all people, would be highly puzzled about what happened that night and willing to consider all possibilities.
Just my opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members