Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently she was found last night (June 8th): Statement on the tragic demise of Suzanne Eaton

Edited to add - from the link below:
The body was reportedly found by citizens and it was laying on the belly just a few meters inside the artificial cave, a German bunker.
https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2019/07/09/suzanne-eaton-us-biologist-dead-crete

A silver alert was issued on Crete for another woman, a 37 year old British tourist Catherine Mowatt, who went missing on June 30th, but there isn't as much publicity about her disappearance. More info here: Νέος συναγερμός στην Κρήτη! Έχουν χαθεί τα ίχνη της εδώ και 10 ημέρες - KoitaMagazine

Last edited:
Apparently she was found last night (June 8th): Statement on the tragic demise of Suzanne Eaton

Edited to add - from the link below:
The body was reportedly found by citizens and it was laying on the belly just a few meters inside the artificial cave, a German bunker.
https://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2019/07/09/suzanne-eaton-us-biologist-dead-crete

A silver alert was issued on Crete for another woman, a 37 year old British tourist Catherine Mowatt, who went missing on June 30th, but there isn't as much publicity about her disappearance. More info here: Νέος συναγερμός στην Κρήτη! Έχουν χαθεί τα ίχνη της εδώ και 10 ημέρες - KoitaMagazine

So sad.

From the keep talking greece link above:

According to local media flashnews, “the big question is how the woman was found so far away from the original location where she went missing, that is a distance of about 10 km, which is difficult to cover on foot, unless there is a vehicle involved. The area is totally unrelated to the radius of the area in which she went missing.”

I do suspect a vehicle may of been involved. That would explain the complete lack of eyewitnesses and would make sense regarding the heat. Also, 6 miles takes a long time! No way she would of been able to do a 12 mile round trip in this heat and been back for dinner.

Very tragic. Sorry to hear this news. And curious as h*ll to know how she ended up in a cave that far away, lying on her belly. Heat stroke and seeking shade? Hope authorities are investigating throughly.

RIP Dr. Suzanne Eaton, yet another female runner who never made it back alive. :(

I do suspect a vehicle may of been involved. That would explain the complete lack of eyewitnesses and would make sense regarding the heat. Also, 6 miles takes a long time! No way she would of been able to do a 12 mile round trip in this heat and been back for dinner.
She certainly didn't walk/run there along the shortest route, since she wasn't seen on surveillance at the monastery. BTW, dinner was at 9pm, but there was an evening conference session at 6pm.

She certainly didn't walk there along the shortest route, since she wasn't seen on surveillance at the monastery. BTW, dinner was at 9pm, but there was an evening conference session at 6pm.

Ah, I stand corrected. I truly believe a local would of remembered if they had seen her. Often they are amused that tourists go walking/ running in the intense heat and sun.

I was thinking that she might have taken a taxi to the village where she was found, but she didn't have any money with her. She could have been offered a ride by someone. Also, if the cave/bunker was near houses, it's likely that she would have been spotted (if on foot).
eaton-dead-cave-660x330.jpg

Picture from: Tragic end for US biologist Suzanne Eaton missing on Crete - Keep Talking Greece

I am thinking the same thing. I am much younger than she and an avid runner. I run a half marathon almost every weekend in the summer. I know I couldn't run that round trip to the cave and be back for and ready for dinner. I wouldn't even attempt it in that weather with no phone, and no identification.

Waiting for the data but this looks very suspicious to me.

Added later: The alternative explanation is that she got a cab to the area and wanted to sight-see, but without a wallet, phone, or identification?

My suspicion is that she left for what she thought was a short run/walk near to her conference.

Last edited:
I think so too curiousobserver. Using Occam’s Razor, I go back to the original theory. She may of gotten lost/ disoriented. The off the beaten path trails are very confusing and though I go back to the island of origin frequently, I still have to use my GPS. I assume there was no eyewitness accounts but on second hand, there probably were but unverified and the police didn’t want to give out too much conflicting info. ( like how there were rumors she was on the beach). She most likely found the cave as shelter.

Prominent US molecular biologist missing in Greece found dead in cave after going for morning run | Daily Mail Online

"Her running shoes were missing from her room, but all of her other belongings – including her passport, wallet, phone, cash – were still there, according to the post."

"She had plans to attend a 6pm meeting that evening, which she never attended."

"Relatives have said they believe she may have became overheated in the 88-degree temperatures and taken shelter in a cave where she suffered a medical emergency."

Waiting for the official cause of death. Facedown is how you fall, not what happens when go inside and sit down.

Prominent US molecular biologist missing in Greece found dead in cave after going for morning run | Daily Mail Online

"Her running shoes were missing from her room, but all of her other belongings – including her passport, wallet, phone, cash – were still there, according to the post."

"She had plans to attend a 6pm meeting that evening, which she never attended."

"Relatives have said they believe she may have became overheated in the 88-degree temperatures and taken shelter in a cave where she suffered a medical emergency."

Waiting for the official cause of death. Facedown is how you fall, not what happens when go inside and sit down.

Seems that there were no *obvious* signs of foul play.

UGH, so very sad to hear this, RIP Dr. Eaton.

If you pass out, you typically fall sideways, as your body stops supporting you from bottom up.
If you are tired, you will sit, or lie down, on your back or side ways.
That is a long way to be lost. I don't know what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia