Found Deceased Greece - Dr. Suzanne Eaton, 60, American, gone for a run, Crete, 2 Jul 2019 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m surprised there hasn’t been any sign of Dr. Eaton by now. By foot I don’t believe she would of gone too far without her phone in this heat and with a dinner engagement at 6pm. She would of accounted for time to have showered etc. so the run really would of been no more than 30-45 minutes.

I don’t know if we are allowed to speculate on this and I’ll delete if not; I wonder did she have any history of depression etc? The one thing I can’t get over is her leaving her phone to go on a run in a foreign country. Granted Greece tends to be very safe but for other purposes too. There’s snakes on the trails etc. it’s just always a good idea to have a way to call for help. Especially if running on an unpopulated trail in a foreign country and she strikes me as a person who would of made sure to go run prepared.

Maybe she didn't have anywhere to carry the phone. I do agree, though, how would she know the time? You could get into a run and go over and not realize it. It also means it needs to be closer to where she was, meaning, she shouldn't be able to get lost.....yet here we are.

Maybe she didn't have anywhere to carry the phone. I do agree, though, how would she know the time? You could get into a run and go over and not realize it. It also means it needs to be closer to where she was, meaning, she shouldn't be able to get lost.....yet here we are.

This is true. I will say this, when I run I just hold my phone. Wonder if she wore a watch....

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any sign of Dr. Eaton by now. By foot I don’t believe she would of gone too far without her phone in this heat and with a dinner engagement at 6pm. She would of accounted for time to have showered etc. so the run really would of been no more than 30-45 minutes.

I don’t know if we are allowed to speculate on this and I’ll delete if not; I wonder did she have any history of depression etc? The one thing I can’t get over is her leaving her phone to go on a run in a foreign country. Granted Greece tends to be very safe but for other purposes too. There’s snakes on the trails etc. it’s just always a good idea to have a way to call for help. Especially if running on an unpopulated trail in a foreign country and she strikes me as a person who would of made sure to go run prepared.
Agree- if she was intending to leave that immediate hotel area (and return) she would have had her phone in her hand or purse, or whatever device she had. Foreign country, beautiful landscapes: if for nothing else to take pictures and use the GPS to find her way back if needed. Google translate? No-way she left without her phone for a run or any other reason.

So is it possible that she was getting ready to go for a run but someone or something happened before she left. I am thinking a guest or a hotel worker? That would explain her getting ready to go run, but the phone still in her room.
I do wonder if they have searched the hotel fully. Every crevice. It's really possible she never left!!

So is it possible that she was getting ready to go for a run but someone or something happened before she left. I am thinking a guest or a hotel worker? That would explain her getting ready to go run, but the phone still in her room.
I do wonder if they have searched the hotel fully. Every crevice. It's really possible she never left!!
That has been in my mind as well. Looking at the sat images of the surrounding area it looks like her pink shirt (mentioned in one of the reports) would stick out like a beacon if she were lying on the ground somewhere. She wouldn't have been going too far, she needed to get back to dinner.

I recall the story of the women attacked in the Dominican Republic that was locked in an old maintenance area only found by dumb luck, or the student who somehow made her way into a water tank on the roof.

I has been mentioned earler that she usually runs for 30 minutes a day. That would not take her too far from the hotel. She also reportedly went running the day before (at a similar time), so she was probably somewhat familiar with the surroundings. Can they check if she took her phone with her on that occasion?

Some questions answered here:

She normally runs about 5k a day

She’s attended this conference for 5 years, familiar with the area

Doesn’t carry a water bottle, watch, or headphones when she runs

Missing Pieces Network

Thank you for this. I hope I’m wrong, I hope she wasn’t a victim of something more nefarious at this point.

"She doesn't run with headphones, a water bottle or a watch"

I wonder why it doesn't mention whether or not she ran with her phone. Agree with poster above who said it would be helpful to know if she'd taken her phone the day before.

Also wondering how it was discovered that Suzanne had taken a hot pink shirt with her to Crete. Did she buy it there, or did someone see her wearing it on a previous day, or what?

From the FB page:

Suzanne runs nearly every day fo 30 minutes, and ran the previous day at the same time. Contrary to some reports, we are unaware of anybody actually seeing her leave for a run; we do not know what clothes she was wearing or where she might have headed. We have heard reports say she was seen with a swimsuit, but we do not believe she brought a swimsuit to Crete. If you have anything to do with this report, please contact us immediately!

Also in another post it verifies that she doesn’t run with a phone, that the conference area and hotel were all checked and that they can’t comment on any surveillance footage they have.

The lack of eyewitnesses other than [potentially] the beach is bizarre considering she is not known to swim and supposedly didn’t have a swimsuit on her. I wonder if perhaps she bought a swimsuit during her stay there and decided to try something new with the unrelenting heat. The beaches don’t have sharks or strong rip tides or undercurrents so I’m not worried about that if she went for a swim.

I do worry she went for a run and became disoriented a bit from the heat and ventured much further thinking she was heading back to the hotel. So little information and eyewitnesses. So many potential outcomes. Holding out hope she’s ok somewhere and is found as there is a lot of unoccupied land on the island.

Attachments

• suzanne_eaton.jpg
    suzanne_eaton.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 32
Unfortunately Suzanne Eaton was found dead:

According to reports, the body of the missing scientist was found inside a cave near the settlement of Xamoudochori, in Chania, about 10 kilometres from where Suzanne Eaton was last seen.

Missing American scientist in Crete found dead — Greek City Times
A couple of posters on another site mentioned this cave a few days ago. Rest in Peace

American scientist Suzanne Eaton's body reportedly found in Greece

Missing American Scientist Found Dead in Cretan Cave - The National Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members