Identified! Greece - LIVING 4 year old, with Roma couple, Oct'13 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They thought she wasn't related to people who were claiming to be her bio parents. They were correct on that.

I think you're wrong. They didn't believe she COULD be theirs, a Roma child, blonde and blue eyed. As evidenced by the fact they've been yanking the light ones from other Roma parents all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Well if she were to be returned to the bio home, she'd have to sleep on the floor and eat potato soup.

All the more reason for her to be returned to the people who were raising her already, better than the bio parents ever could have.

I think you're wrong. They didn't believe she COULD be theirs, a Roma child, blonde and blue eyed. As evidenced by the fact they've been yanking the light ones from other Roma parents all week.

They also arrested a Greek couple allegedly trying to purchase a Gypsy child.
It's illegal under their law.
I am not sure what you want them to do? Just ignore these cases?

All the more reason for her to be returned to the people who were raising her already, better than the bio parents ever could have.

Well considering they are in custody awaiting trial, where would you have them returning the child?

Yes. Because IMO it's a lie. It's a lame transparent attempt to salvage the mess they've made.

what I want them to do is offer these people a leg up, stop being so prejudiced, hateful and cruel. send outreach workers to teach them how to read, write and give them fair access to job & educational opportunities.

Well considering they are in custody awaiting trial, where would you have them returning the child?

I expect that the mother will be released soon. She could be returned to the extended family, who likely have all the siblings. I don't expect they will return her quickly though.

I've read that Islam is one of the common religions among Roma. Now I think that the Koran doesn't actually mention circumcision, but I'm pretty sure it's in a widely accepted text about laws governing hygiene, etc. Do Roma practicing Islam routinely forgo circumcision?

a lot of Roma are also catholics, they tend to adapt the religion of the country they are living in.

Where are their other children? With other family members? Extended family...

Where are their other children? With other family members? Extended family...

I have absolutely no idea, since i can't find anything reported on them.
But she isn't related to any of those children.

I expect that the mother will be released soon. She could be returned to the extended family, who likely have all the siblings. I don't expect they will return her quickly though.

Under Greek law, from what I understand, the abduction charges are not going to be dismissed because the adoption wasn't legal.

No one wants the police to ignore cases where children are trafficked, kidnap and sold but, as it happened with the girl in Ireland, the only reason cops got involved here is because the child did not "look like her parents" which is actually racist.
there has always been these idea of the roma as child stealers and the way they managed this case shows that that prejudice is very much alive.
BTW, it is illegal, under many countries laws to steel or to buy a child not just greece.

We will likely never know the whole truth. As I said before, Gypsies are trained from early childhood not to ever tell the truth to Gadjoes. Evasiveness via several different, but similar stories is a common tactic meant to confuse. One of the reasons is the feeling that anything they do or say may implicate them criminally in something they really have done that is illegal, or will be used against them in order to trap them into something they don't understand, by people who hate them for being Gypsies.

[bbm]

That's the issue I have. The 'culture' seems to revolve around lying, thieving, and defrauding. Yes, I am judgmental of that. Anyone here who does not participate in a criminal lifestyle is judgmental of it just by virture of choosing not to do it.

Are we supposed to be ok with this just because it's the 'culture'?

By many accounts, the criminality is not isolated but is a way of life.

Linking it to poverty is not an acceptable reason for it to continue. I understand the Roma people have evolved this way due to history but that doesn't make it ok.

This post is not a personal attack on anyone but an attempt to understand more through discussion (especially you Gitana because I think you're awesome!).

I have absolutely no idea, since i can't find anything reported on them.
But she isn't related to any of those children.

They're her family, the only family she knows. Blood doesn't make a family.

So I've heard that the Bulgarian women's DNA is a match to Maria.
Bulgaria = Eastern bloc.
Not Scandinavian like I knew she wasn't.

Now let's hope this mess gets resolved for the child's sake.

So I've heard that the Bulgarian women's DNA is a match to Maria.
Bulgaria = Eastern bloc.
Not Scandinavian like I knew she wasn't.

Now let's hope this mess gets resolved for the child's sake.

The bio mom is a Bulgarian Gypsy. She is a Gypsy living in Bulgaria. The child isn't Scandinavian but she isn't Slavic either. She actually is a Gypsy.

Their her family, the only family she knows. Blood doesn't make a family.

I am not sure how to make any clearer-the adoption was not legal. In fact under Greek law it's considered an abduction. So extended family of Greek Romas doesn't have any rights to the child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC