Groundhog Day Storm May Affect More than 100 Million People

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The weather is wild and crazy here. Even Pogo doesn't want to go out so that should be an indicator of how bad it really is.
4.gif

Soon we'll be --
1.gif

The weather is wild and crazy here. Even Pogo doesn't want to go out so that should be an indicator of how bad it really is.
4.gif

Soon we'll be --
1.gif

I can't keep my black lab in the house...all day she wants to play in it...A couple of times we thought we should go look and see is she was buried. Her name is serradammit if that gives you a clue to her personality...ugh...she's wanting out now.

So glad you checked in! do you have alternate heat if the power goes out?

Please, everyone check in, if you can.

We don't have alternate heat, but we can manually feed the coal onto the fire and keep it lit so we'll have some heat. It will only heat the basement in that state but that is better than nothing!

metro D in the house.. it is coming down fast and furious!

snow. snow. snow.

what will I wake up to? school and college ((hubby head of local
ROTC program)) already cancelled...

geez

just talked to DH...we are not going to be -25 tonite

it's gonna be more like -30 to -50 :coldout:

anybody got another dog to spare?

geez

it's gonna be more like -30 to -50 :shiver:

I can lend you Noms... he's a little crazy and it may take him a few days to get there.

Got home okay... it took me almost an hour when it normally takes half that. The wind was BAD and there were times when it was blowing over the road so hard that I couldn't see the road. I was almost crying, I was so scared!! And I'm used to driving in crap... but this is one of the worst I've driven in yet.

We have a nearly four-foot snow drift on our back patio where we normally let the dogs out. That happened within two hours. I went out there to shovel a bit ago and I couldn't believe how hard the wind was blowing and how heavy the snow was. This is crazy.

I can't keep my black lab in the house...all day she wants to play in it...A couple of times we thought we should go look and see is she was buried. Her name is serradammit if that gives you a clue to her personality...ugh...she's wanting out now.

:floorlaugh:Her name is hysterical. Pogi should have a name such as her. lol I was shocked to see his reaction to the blizzard, white-out/wind.
I saw him wanting to be out but then he suddenly started to inch towards the house and I took that as my cue to call him and for the first time ever (LOL) he came running on the first call. Poor baby was actually scared.
By tomorrow, it should be higher then he is.

geez

it's gonna be more like -30 to -50 :shiver:

No spare doggy to share but I can loan you an awesome warm quilt!

Got home okay... it took me almost an hour when it normally takes half that. The wind was BAD and there were times when it was blowing over the road so hard that I couldn't see the road. I was almost crying, I was so scared!! And I'm used to driving in crap... but this is one of the worst I've driven in yet.

We have a nearly four-foot snow drift on our back patio where we normally let the dogs out. That happened within two hours. I went out there to shovel a bit ago and I couldn't believe how hard the wind was blowing and how heavy the snow was. This is crazy.

Glad you got home safe, now put those feet up and rest some!

Glad to know! Thanks for checking in!

Glad to know! Thanks for checking in!

Her name was Serra Magic but was changed by me because she can open doors with her paws..opens the french doors and goes out and leaves the doors open...sometimes during the night but we put dead locks on...we also put a bell on the door so we could know when she came in and out lol

Just north of Detroit here and like Herding Cats said, it's snowing to beat the band. Hard to measure how much we've gotten though, b/c it's blowing around too much.

Just north of Detroit here and like Herding Cats said, it's snowing to beat the band. Hard to measure how much we've gotten though, b/c it's blowing around too much.

Same here, there's no way I can tell how much we've gotten because of the blowing and drifting. I just went out - again - to shovel the patio for the doggies. NASTY is all I can say. Dd was in my bed watching TV while I "play" WS. After I got back from shoveling, I jumped into bed, got under the covers and said a prayer out loud thanking GOD that I have a warm home tonight. Imagine all of the homeless people???

Hunker down people. My Chicago siblings and mother are all in for the duration. My brother was scheduled to fly here to CA tomorrow, so he bumped his flight to today and got in no problem. Don't think he would escape ORD tomorrow. My other brother only made it as far as Vegas, but is working his way here LOL.
Stay safe and warm, the last good Chi storms I survived were '67 and '79 after which I never went back.

SW Suburbs of Chicago checking in as well. I can only think of two words for this storm. Completely brutal. Our schools have canceled classes for tomorrow but, I'm thinking if we get the frigid cold following this, these kids aren't going back this week.

We've just had a loss of power twice for a few seconds. I also noticed a bright blue light in the alley directly across from us flash quite a few times. Was afraid it was a transformer about to blow. Talk about terrified.

ETA: I've had to talk my kids into keeping clothes on during this. They're so hot blooded they prefer to have as little on as possible. With the electricity going out now I'm concerned of what may happen overnight. So, warm clothes to sleep in it will have to be.

Hey guys and gals.... glad to see you still have power!! You are all on my mind and I wish the best for all of you in this snow storm. In Augusta, GA right now, we have 57.6 degrees and it is "overcast". Hang in there.... Spring has to be just around the corner! Take pictures and stay warm and safe!

hi all,

i am here but wish i was there.
as soon as i can leave, i won't here
i will be there, wishing i was here.
so there!

stay warm and safe everyone.

The bitter cold is so much worse than snow!!!!! Walking from my work to my car, in windchills of -40, is unlike anything I have expierenced before. It hurt, bad. Our winds are supposed to calm down overnight, and then the warm up to +6 degrees tomorrow! woohoo! SO it was short lived, although I know it still is traveling to get everybody.

My friend from Aus, is in the direct path of the cyclone, I guess we can be thankful we are not in that, they are calling for it to be worse than Katrina, with winds up to 175 MPH!!!! In fact, huge Prayers for our Aussie WS members!

Hope everyone gets through the night ok, keep in mind, there is nothing that you need to do tomorrow, that cannot wait. LIFE is the most important thing, don't risk it. Stay home, stay warm, and check in on elderly neighbors :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronin13
Back