GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, IIRC, Tre Johnson’s parents (the paternal grandparents of Annabelle) were present in the courtroom for the whole trial. They were seated behind the prosecution’s table and were out of the view of the camera. Several reporters tweeted about them being there.

JMO

My heart breaks for them. They weren’t even given the chance to meet their grand baby. It seems obvious they would have loved and cared for her, whether or not Skylar wanted to be involved. She could have given up the baby to Trey and his family and moved on with her life. It’s really tragic.

Or they are just tackling the easiest of the charges first. Even if they don't seem to even find even this charge easy.

That's of course quite possible, going for the low hanging fruit first! Then again, if the jury spend the past few hours discussing the gross abuse of a corpse charge, it's going to be a loooong day! ;)

the female detective offered that theory in tape 2 -- she asked if the flames went as high as the chest of the baby
Got it, thanks -- I also recall the detective was asking BSR to identify in increments, and makes it clear now that the allegation of foot to chest high flames was exaggerated out of context.

^^S&BBM

Read the second interview 98 pg transcript twice. Please tell me what page this flame reaching chest is on -- or is this defense drama. TIA
Officer Carter said it. I didnt hear Skyker say that unless she said yes to that statement by Carter? Maybe In wrong but I'm pretty confident I'll snag it really quick
gets to that part at 54:10.
But I think youll find it very very important to start this video at the beginning or at least 17:20.
This is b.s. to me I am sorry. Shes parroting back what they want to hear and what she thinks will male her Dad happy and end the mess shes in. When asked how she put flames out sue says I went "shew" that's almost comical lol

Attachments

• F8F62F5B-C842-497B-9B44-9B2C8D84510D.png
    F8F62F5B-C842-497B-9B44-9B2C8D84510D.png
    182.9 KB · Views: 14
Chanley Shá Painter‏ @ChanleyCourtTV 4m4 minutes ago
JURY QUESTION:
Can we please have simplified definition of abuse of a corpse?
Is it against the law to bury a body in your backyard without knowledge?
ANSWER: The court can not provide other definitions.

Thank you for posting substance of the link here is just the link itself. I could not see for now. That is disappointing because if they did a higher charge, I would not think that they are focusing this quickly on that charge.

Based on the question the jury just asked, it's extremely likely it's going to be a not guilty verdict. The jury is already discussing whether burying a body in your backyard is against the law and constitutes gross abuse of a corpse.

I don't know, I think if they are asking that question, they may be wanting to do guilty on that specific charge of abusing a corpse.

I think what they are asking is, does the baby have to be alive to be an abuse of a corpse? Could that be what they are wanting to know as the law is I am reading it is pretty clear.

My impression from the interview is that she was in full poor little scared innocent Skylar mode. She forced the detectives to comfort her with her over the top crying and pleading and asking if she was going to jail. Notice during the first interview that as soon as the detectives left the room she was very calm. No hysterics. Not even crying. No fidgeting. She just sat there quietly waiting. This switch makes me believe she was performing for the detectives. It's not far-fetched to think that she would make up stuff to sabotage the investigation. But she's also not a criminal mastermind. She's young and naive. She was overwhelmed no doubt and definitely confessed in certain parts of the interview.

ETA: Most notably, she immediately assumed she would be going to jail and said she didn't kill her baby. Without even being asked.

Or they are just tackling the easiest of the charges first. Even if they don't seem to find even this charge easy.

Good point! I was thinking that if they had thought that she was guilty of other stuff, this would be a no-brainer. But you are correct in that jurors usually move up from the lowest to the highest. M o o if I was on a jury that is and from what I've read.

Two questions from the jury:

#1 "Can we please have a simplified definition of "abuse of a corpse?”

#2 "Is it against the LAW to bury a body in your yard without knowledge?"

Angenette Levy on Twitter

Does someone here have the jury directions, in addition to the legal verbiage of such? That they could put up

I don't know, I think if they are asking that question, they may be wanting to do guilty on that specific charge of abusing a corpse.

I think what they are asking is, does the baby have to be alive to be an abuse of a corpse? Could that be what they are wanting to know as the law is I am reading it is pretty clear.

By definition, a corpse is a deceased body.

Good point! I was thinking that if they had thought that she was guilty of other stuff, this would be a no-brainer. But you are correct in that jurors usually move up from the lowest to the highest. M o o if I was on a jury that is and from what I've read.

I would be taking my time and not rush through anything. Jmo

Chanley Shá Painter‏ @ChanleyCourtTV 4m4 minutes ago
JURY QUESTION:
Can we please have simplified definition of abuse of a corpse?
Is it against the law to bury a body in your backyard without knowledge?
ANSWER: The court can not provide other definitions.

Oh no! I wish the jurors were familiar with this 2015 case. I'm afraid they don't understand the "committed the acts knowingly" part -- a legal sticking point.

Teen pleads no contest to abuse of corpse, tampering

Per state law, abuse of a corpse is described only as treatment that would "outrage" reasonable family and community sensibilities. It does not mention whether the person committed the acts knowingly, a legal sticking point in the case.

Gee, now that you say that, I'm wishing the judge would clarify. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member