GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's no inventory, can they just request the luggage itself and then they can inventory it themselves :please:

I think they did request JY luggage as well. Sure I heard that with my ear laying on my laptop cuz of no volume with ABC!!!

What does it all mean?

Other than the jurors are actually discussing things, who the heck knows.

You'd have better success reading tea leaves with a blindfold.

Hard to say what's going on in there, but it does me think, at the very least, we may have some G's in there... or some that are willing to go there! :)

If you were an NG trying to convince a G to change their mind, what sorts of things would/could you request, evidence-wise?

Timeline info. Distances from point to point on JY's route. A calculator. Print results on medicine dropper, progress papers, ebay papers. Gas station attendants original description of JY. All corroborating witnesses from that King gas station. Cindy Beaver's testimony. Newspaper lady's testimony.

I think it's weird that they know now that they want to take lunch at 12:45. What if they're involved in a deep debate at that point? And what was with leaving at 4:50 on Friday?

I hope Jason is sweating bullets so they can see his nervousness.

If any of you WS posters are actually in the courtroom when the jurors view the evidence, will you please take note and report back here if any of the jury members make eye contact with JY or MF/LF. THANKS!

:please:

actually they requested lunch @ 12:30pm, not 12:45pm.

Maybe some jurors get hungry earlier and they compromised on the time.

I think it's weird that they know now that they want to take lunch at 12:45. What if they're involved in a deep debate at that point? And what was with leaving at 4:50 on Friday?

I think it might just be the jury trying to be schedule-considerate so that everyone else involved can plan around their schedule.

I hope Jason is sweating bullets so they can see his nervousness.

I think that's strange too... if you're involved in a debate over something, you wouldn't want to stop and pick it up after lunch... MOO!

Friday we assumed they wanted to beat feet outta there because the First Lady was in town and traffic was supposed to be a mess.

actually they requested lunch @ 12:30pm, not 12:45pm.

Maybe some jurors get hungry earlier and they compromised on the time.

If they don't ask for a morning break then it's understandable that they prefer an early lunch. imo

Does anyone have a link to WRAL's coverage? I can't hear the ABC11 feed.

Anyone catch 48 hrs last night re: Ernie Scherer?

2 people bludgeoned to death w/undetermined weapon
LE: no forced entry, not a burgurlary, not a robbery, highly likely victims knew perp, staged ransack, valuables out in the open and not taken
Perp (son) faked size 12 bloody shoe prints (perp wears size 10) at crime scene
Everyone (family/friends) eliminated except for perp
$2m dollar inheritence at stake
Perp asked to see will 2 days after murder
Perp says he was asleep 390 miles away
Perp secretly cheating on wife with mutiple concurrent women
Perp made odd comments to family after murder
Perp cell phone goes dead/off for 17 hours night of murder

Surveillance camera at nearby Country club, very similar to perps car spotted night of murder but no definite match can be made - then left 4 hours later.

not enough evidence to arrest perp though he remains the #1 suspect

arrested a year later

Pros admits all evidence is circumstatial: no fingerprints, no witness placing perp at or near the scene, cannot verify car on security camera - but everything points to perp. Defense points to foreign DNA/prints at crime scene.

jury votes G.

The Country Club Murders - 48 Hours - CBS News

BBM

Didn't he say something wildly innappropriate at the RS/SS wedding? To either the bride or groom's father? And had to be bundled into the car and gotten out of there?

Didn't his friend testify that he'd be all up in provoking some fights, but not actually participating?

Surely he knew how stupid it was to be rude to people's parents at a wedding, but it didn't stop him from doing so did it? Surely he knew it was stupid to pee on a friend's living room floor, but that didn't stop him from doing so. Surely he knew it was stupid to boink CAS on the living room sofa with CY upstairs - didn't stop him.

He lashed out at Gracie because the whole deal had taken longer than he anticipated (CY waking up), he was in a hurry, and she was thwarting him. He needed to get on the road, and her stubborn insistence that he give her a license, credit card or money was holding him up.

No doubt in my mind he's a sociopath/psychopath/narcissist, or some combination thereof. The boundaries aren't always clear, there's overlap.

BBM

It's interesting that you wrote this.

The guy that I work with that went out occasionally with JY and their mutual friends told me the other day that one time they had gone to a bar/restaurant called Magnolia's in Asheville. When they were leaving, JY spotted two guys walking on the sidewalk. These two guys were "different"- not good ole boys, if you know what I mean.

JY started yelling at them, calling them names, bullying them. The rest of the guys were telling Jason to stop it man, and let's just leave. They had to physically get JY in the vehicle to stop his unprovoked, outrageous behavior towards these two guys.

My coworker said JY was just crazy acting that night. He was going to do what he wanted to do no matter what the effect on others around him.

Does anyone have a link to WRAL's coverage? I can't hear the ABC11 feed.

They don't have it streaming and I can't find any other link... anyone else? Thinking about calling ABC!

ETA I cannot find their contact info on the page, but did post on their facebook wall that they have no sound!

I'm gobsmacked out of my mind over the fact they can't take this evidence to review in private. This process is so slanted in favor of the defendant!!

I can be to the courthouse in 15 minutes - I should have gone down there when they started introducing all of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020