GUILTY OF FIRST DEGREE MURDER**verdict watch** 3-5-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in court the day the jury did the PT evidence reviews. Many of the jurors spent time looking at the contents of JY's luggage.

So even with the lack of a typed list of what was in that suitcase, they'll be able to see it with their own eyes... that's reassuring! Cause we all know that dark sweater & hp (or round toed shoes, take your pick) are missing!

I'm kind of shocked that there wasn't an inventory done of the luggage. :waitasec:

On second thought, UNLESS they are leaning NG and just wanted to look at a few things to see if they can convince themselves otherwise?

I think it's way too hard to figure out what the requests mean. It could benefit either side depending on how the jury is approaching deliberations and how their initial vote went. Hope the Verdict comes back soon....it's making it very hard for me to get any work done!:doh:

I would hope so it was there laid out for them to see the Friday they had the PT evidence view.

OHHHH, I see. Ok.

So they have the actual luggage and the contents to look at.

Even better than a list on a piece of paper, imo.

Can someone clarify was the USA today the weekend edition? I am almost certain it was not the Thursday paper.

The USA Today was supposedly the Fri/weekend edition that was found in the back of his SUV.

If you were an NG trying to convince a G to change their mind, what sorts of things would/could you request, evidence-wise?

I saw someone say the foreperson was a young, white female. Does anyone know which one she is? i.e., where she was sitting in the jury box? (Obviously only for those who were ever in the courtroom).

Just curious.

I believe JTF said it was Juror #8. It should be in Friday's thread, posted before lunch time I believe. I'm not 100% it's #8 though.

We are now at 6 hours! Thank you to the jury for taking the time to actually review the evidence, rather than jumping to a verdict. Your work is much appreciated.

This list to me does indicate that they are evaluating the evidence very carefully. That is a good thing. What did they request before in the first trial? And, why isn't there an inventory of the contents of the explorer?

If JY were really a sociopathic killer, and was indeed at the gas station that morning, I think he either would have been cool as a cucumber and not lost his cool with Gracie, or I think he would have found an opportunity to kill her too. Maybe waited for the other customers to leave or lure her outside or something.

JMO

Since when do sociopath's not lose their cool? Do you think sociopaths walk around all day with a smile on their face :) She interrupted and put a wrench in his cleverly laid out plan.

Of course he was ticked off. You saw him blow up while he was at the gym..."You came here for that". Did you see the pure look of rage and disgust, to where his face twisted and distorted and he became even uglier than he already was...

Luring her outside to kill her too, with what? He got lucky he didn't get caught on tape, if he did he would have had to come up with some excuse. If he got caught again at another gas station, he would have come up with another excuse, if he got caught sneaking back into the hotel he would have come up with another excuse. He wouldn't have killed anyone else that got into his way, because he thought he'd be able to talk his way out of, or make excuses for the stops, or being seen. He's a sociopath, and a salesman, he's talked his way out of so many other things in the past.

So will they end up giving them the testimony about what was in the luggage? (if the jury asks for it)

Wow... the jury will be in the courtroom to examine all the evidence in front of everyone... Including the defendant. IMO that is just a stupid rule in NC courts! It won't allow the jurors to privately discuss each point of evidence while they are reviewing it. Dumb, dumb, dumb... MOO

Exactly! Intimidating much to be stared at by the defendant and gallery while observing evidence close up and in detail??? It's difficult to think under pressure - this rule is SO ARCHAIC and bizarre.

I believe JTF said it was Juror #8. It should be in Friday's thread, posted before lunch time I believe. I'm not 100% it's #8 though.

He later corrected himself to say Juror #11 once he got there. He was repeating what BK said on InSessions about it being Juror #8 and from what I recall, later that evening he said it is in fact juror #11, a female that appears to be in her early 30s.

IMO

I think there was an issue as to whether it was Juror #8 or Juror #11.

The jury forewoman is juror #11

That info about #8 was incorrect.

Wow... the jury will be in the courtroom to examine all the evidence in front of everyone... Including the defendant. IMO that is just a stupid rule in NC courts! It won't allow the jurors to privately discuss each point of evidence while they are reviewing it. Dumb, dumb, dumb... MOO

:what: Really? That's crazy!

re: hotel-based evidence requested, since they heard JY testify through trial 1 video, IMO if the jury can agree that JY deliberately staged his "overnight" then its a safe bet they return a G. Otherwise - no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngluteplayer