*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE found anything connected to Samantha Clarke's disappearance in any of their searches.

Dumb question: Would the judge allow the prosecutor to mention Clarke whatsoever or mention any evidence in her case, since Taylor was also a strong suspect in her disappearance? I'm thinking that it wouldn't be allowed because it would it be too prejudicial, but it does show a pattern (that young women keep disappearing around him)

I remember something being mentioned that the defense made a motion that no other case or person could be referenced in connection to this case. Sorry that I don't have exact details but I know that was mentioned when Murder charges were being discussed and the gag order was extended. Hope that helps!

"Katie Love WSLS
‪#‎BREAKING‬: The Nelson County Commonwealth Attorney reveals evidence for the first time in the ‪#‎AlexisMurphy‬ case. Anthony Martin says investigators found all these items in Randy Taylor's camper: Alexis' nail, hair on his pillow, diamond stud under his bed, and his t-shirt he was wearing on surveillance video at the Lovingston gas station under his couch with Alexis' blood, hair extensions, and eye lashes."

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=636751363079042&id=367858913301623&fref=nf

I knew we'd find out why they were so confident he hurt her but to actually know breaks my heart.....

"Parker Slaybaugh 8News
16 minutes ago
1 hour break for lunch. Alexis grandmother, brother, and aunt (Angela Taylor) called by commonwealth as witnesses. Grandmother said Alexis started to not like school. When questioned by defense she said Alexis was always scared often times scared to walk from her car to front door. When she was excused from witness she made a very hard stare right at Randy Taylor and shook her head. Avery Murphy, brother to Alexis said, when questioned by defense, that he had previously made statements that Alexis had become lazy and selfish in his mind. Said he had thought she was selfish and he had told the FBI before that Alexis at times dressed "provocatively". Her aunt, Angela Taylor said she texted Alexis around 7pm the night she went missing. She said the text told Alexis to come to her home in Charlottesville when she could. Her phone usually shows her when Alexis reads the text, she testified that Alexis never read her message"
https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 7m
Alexis Murphy's mother testified that the Alexis many saw on social media of her smoking or talking about drugs... http://fb.me/ZKtJW9Qx

Colleen Quigley ‏@colleenwquigley 2m
Prosecutors say shirt with #AlexisMurphy 's blood found in Randy Taylor's trailer, as well as hair and nails.

Colleen Quigley ‏@colleenwquigley 1m
Defense argued not enough evidence to convict Taylor of #AlexisMurphy 's murder beyond a reasonable doubt. Says there are signs of a fight

Wow...not enough evidence? :lol:

The defense seems to be blaming it on a mysterious black man who took Alexis to Alabama. Maybe it's the same mysterious black man who drove Susan Smith's kids into the water and carved a backwards B into Ashley Todd's face. /s

ETA: No, but seriously, I don't know where they're getting the idea that there isn't enough evidence.

I so wish this was televised. Thanks everyone for posting updates so quickly.

When confronted with that information, Taylor apparently told investigators, "You might as well take me in, I'm getting tired."

During a second search of the camper after his arrest, authorities found the shirt Randy Taylor was wearing in the gas station surveillance picture.

They say that shirt was balled up underneath the couch and there were hair extensions and fake eyelashes inside of it and blood on it, they say again matching Murphy's DNA.

http://www.wset.com/story/25383087/randy-taylor-trial-underway

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 2m
On my lunch break I noticed the tree planted by the Liberty Gas Station in memory of Alexis has been redecorated for Alexis Murphy. Court is back in session. Updates to come soon.... http://fb.me/6yCY8lyHU

1h9utj.jpg

''Defense in #AlexisMurphy murder trial says no evidence of murder or abduction. Suggests evidence was planted.'' - C-VILLE News Desk

"Parker Slaybaugh 8News
16 minutes ago
1 hour break for lunch. Alexis grandmother, brother, and aunt (Angela Taylor) called by commonwealth as witnesses. Grandmother said Alexis started to not like school. When questioned by defense she said Alexis was always scared often times scared to walk from her car to front door. When she was excused from witness she made a very hard stare right at Randy Taylor and shook her head. Avery Murphy, brother to Alexis said, when questioned by defense, that he had previously made statements that Alexis had become lazy and selfish in his mind. Said he had thought she was selfish and he had told the FBI before that Alexis at times dressed "provocatively". Her aunt, Angela Taylor said she texted Alexis around 7pm the night she went missing. She said the text told Alexis to come to her home in Charlottesville when she could. Her phone usually shows her when Alexis reads the text, she testified that Alexis never read her message"
https://www.facebook.com/ParkSlaybaugh

Sounds like in this first half day of trial the defense has already trotted out "my client didn't do it, this was a frame, evidence was planted (by who I wonder SMH) and IF he DID do it it was probably because even according to her own brother, she dressed too provocatively and therefore was likely asking for it." defense

:censored:

thanks to those providing the updates.

There are phones that tell when the text message you sent someone, is read?

During a second search of the camper after his arrest, authorities found the shirt Randy Taylor was wearing in the gas station surveillance picture.

They say that shirt was balled up underneath the couch and there were hair extensions and fake eyelashes inside of it and blood on it, they say again matching Murphy's DNA.

In his less than ten minute opening statement, Randy Taylor's defense attorney stopped short of accusing investigators of planting that shirt under the couch, saying they missed it during the first search and that they had locked the trailer up after Taylor's arrest.

http://www.wset.com/story/25383087/randy-taylor-trial-underway

this defense attorney reminds me of Baez, throw a bunch of completely contradictory stuff at the wall and just HOPE one of them sticks.

depends on the app being used I would think. for instance my msgr does not give me read receipts but FB msg app does.

I think Alexis had an iPhone. iPhones have an ''send read receipts'' option, where it'll show up when you read a text message sent to you.

Like this:
Your mom sends a text to you.
You unlock your phone and read said text at 5:32PM.
When your mom goes to look at her sent messages, she will see ''Read at 5:32PM'' underneath the one she sent you.

She probably had the ''read receipt'' option on

iPhone 5 messaging iphone 5. At least that's the only ones I can see that have been read.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1m
Defense: Pointing a finger at other man – Damien Bradley – who Taylor says was with them the night #AlexisMurphy went missing.

Please forgive my memory lapse...

But is this the first time we are actually hearing the name of the other man who was supposedly with AM and Taylor that evening?

Damien Bradley...

TIA....:seeya:

Please forgive my memory lapse...

But is this the first time we are actually hearing the name of the other man who was supposedly with AM and Taylor that evening?

Damien Bradley...

TIA....:seeya:

No, this is "cornrow guy". I seem to remember that police said that they did follow up on that guy and have obviously not filed charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic