*GUILTY*Randy Allen Taylor on Trial for the murder of Alexis Murphy 1 May 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is alot to left to do in Randy's case.

I was wondering if it would be legal for me to mail him Alexis's praying for Alexis poster every single day.

Inmates look forword to mail and I dont want him to look forward to his. I want him to have to face Alexis every single day.

Please do not give him your time or attention, or make the mistake of assuming that would bother him.

Parker Slaybaugh ‏@Parker8News 14s
During sentencing Randy Taylor got up and started to leave the courtroom and mumbled "I can't be in here." Nelson County Sheriffs Department immediately took him into custody... http://fb.me/6ytzuPhzo

I think a tape/video should be made of the family statements...

and should be played non-stop in RAT's little cell...

:jail:

I spent the last two days scouring both the Samantha Clarke threads and the RAT background thread. I found that the day before Samantha Clarke disappeared, RAT was being pulled over in Louisa County. Many of us have tried to pinpoint a central area to his residences, his arrests and traffic stops. We considered Louisa County and the Palmyra area as central to everything. Perhaps he was scoping out a disposal sight or keeping tabs on some place?

GT10008319-00
Offense Location: Louisa
RAT Address at time: BARBOURSVILLE, VA 22923
Offense Date: 9/12/2010
Arrest Date: N/A
Hearing Date:10/5/2010
Charge: 72/55 Amended Charge : 70/55
Final Disposition : Guilty Fine : $90.00 Costs : $71.00 Fine/Costs Paid Date : 01/03/2011

I spent the last two days scouring both the Samantha Clarke threads and the RAT background thread. I found that the day before Samantha Clarke disappeared, RAT was being pulled over in Louisa County. Many of us have tried to pinpoint a central area to his residences, his arrests and traffic stops. We considered Louisa County and the Palmyra area as central to everything. Perhaps he was scoping out a disposal sight or keeping tabs on some place?

GT10008319-00
Offense Location: Louisa
RAT Address at time: BARBOURSVILLE, VA 22923
Offense Date: 9/12/2010
Arrest Date: N/A
Hearing Date:10/5/2010
Charge: 72/55 Amended Charge : 70/55
Final Disposition : Guilty Fine : $90.00 Costs : $71.00 Fine/Costs Paid Date : 01/03/2011

It would be interesting to know if he was in the *advertiser censored* shop shortly before this as well.

Where did he go to high school?

We'll probably never know why Alexis made the decision to follow him. Like I told my daughter one day, it takes seconds to make a decision that could be life altering. Could have offered her drugs, she could have told him she was going to Lynchburg, and he said Hey, will you make a delivery for me? I'll give ya half! We'll never know. But unfortunately she did willingly follow him from that gas station. As far as we know, and from what video showed, no one else was in her car. So she could have flew through the light and went home, turned right and went to Lynchburg, but she didn't. She turned left and followed him. :(

This needs to be stressed only in hopes of preventing other young women taking risks like this...I wonder if there will ever be a way to help teens and young people realize that, yes, horrible things can happen to anyone...I know they generally have a feeling that they are invincible and they can "take care of themselves". But that can all change in an instant. Jmo

So relieved about the verdicts. LWOP is the only acceptable sentence, Imo.

Still looking forward to hearing the outcome of this Familial DNA test and who was arrested because of the test. The article came out the week after RAT was arrested.
Some unknown DNA was run against known samples and there was a familial match which linked several Virginia cases. The suspect was then arrested and awaiting trial. Can't help but wonder if an unknown sample from a RAT crime scene led to his August 11th arrest in Alexis' case.
http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/s...cle_65c19914-6b03-55b5-b686-73cbaf141ab5.html

Came across an old article re: RAT and MH, from SC's thread:

"Although a medical examiner quickly ruled 20-year-old Morgan's death a homicide after her body was discovered January 26, police have been silent in recent weeks and have released no further information on her cause of death.
However, her parents, both medical professionals, say signs of violence were obvious on their daughter's remains, which were released from evidence and returned to them in February.
"He chooses to kill in a savage and brutal way," says Gil Harrington, an oncology nurse, of her daughter's killer, "to break her bones before he murdered her." Dan Harrington, a psychiatrist, confirms that his daughter's skeleton showed "brutal damage."
While the Harringtons won't say which of Morgan's bones were broken–- and acknowledge that they do not yet know her actual cause of death, pending the release of the official autopsy report–- they remain convinced that the person responsible is an experienced criminal and may be a convicted sex offender."

http://www.readthehook.com/68346/shattered-bones-harringtons-say-morgans-killer-violent-sadistic

Also for this link:

"Dan Harrington also suggests a possible link between Morgan's abduction and death and other unsolved cases in Virginia, including the Colonial Parkway murders, eight deaths that occurred along the Colonial Parkway east of Richmond between 1986 and 1989, and the Route 29 stalker, who terrorized female drivers in the mid-'90s and who is believed responsible for the March 1996 abduction and killing of 25-year-old grad student Alicia Showalter Reynolds, who'd been traveling to Charlottesville for a day of shopping with her mother at Fashion Square Mall. Reynolds' decomposed remains were discovered by a passerby two months later in a field near the community of Lignum.
That case remains active, and on March 1, the Virginia State Police posted a Facebook page asking for "new info" on Reynolds. Virginia State Police spokesperson Corinne Geller says that the Facebook posting does not indicate that police believe the cases are connected but was timed to coincide with the 14th anniversary of Reynolds' disappearance on March 2.
At the press conference Wednesday, March 17, the Harringtons distributed a list of 21 other missing or murdered people–- 14 women, including Morgan–- who have disappeared or been murdered in Central Virginia in the past eight months and whose cases remain unsolved."

I am overjoyed the jurors in this case saw through RAT and found him guilty! And that they recommended the maximum penalty! The women of Virginia are safer tonight thanks to these jurors. RAT was out and able to terrorize women & girls for too long. Thank you, jurors!

I hope he is very talkative in prison and ends up letting it slip where the remains of Samantha & Alexis are. I also hope he lets it slip if he was involved in any other murders (which I bet he was).

So glad that jurors saw fit to find in favor of Justice for Alexis, which is also Justice for Samatha.

first on the repo ride and then, her mother says, at a brick house at the corner of Route 33 and Albano Road in Orange County where the two young men lived
Randy took took Samantha here.

"I requested an ATF trace," Rhea says. "There's ridiculously little information. Apparently, it hasn't had fingerprints on it since 1972, when it was purchased in Chicago.
In Alexis's case FBI found a BB gun ,so I think we definitly have a pattern here, and I wonder if there is are some attempted abductions with a gun ,that didnt work out for him. Which is why he sticks to the same methods like a script.

I was sitting in a restaurant in Charlottesville on a date, and Oakerson walks in," says Taylor. "It's intimidating."

Oakerson was protecting whoever that date was.

Eheart's Corner trailer park on Ridge Road in Orange County.

Funny how RAT just randomly puts info out like his address.. I reminded me of his saying they Alexis' and the red car dude went to the car wash to meet him.. Why was he drawing attention to the car wash, why is he drawing attention to this address..he is absurd.

Does anyone know if there is a map or list of locations that LE and/or the FBI searched already?

While not posting recently I have been following the case and trial. I feel the jury made the right decision concerning the verdict with the evidence that was presented.

I am posting the following link, an interview with RAT, not to add anymore heartache to Alexis's family, but rather so those who want to, can see and hear what RAT has to say concerning his conviction.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...lusive-Interview-258950141.html?device=tablet

Lead Investigator Speaks About Randy Taylor

http://www.wset.com/story/25496100/lead-investigator-speaks-about-randy-taylor

Mays admitted a murder charge with no body was risky. If Taylor had been acquitted, then Murphy’s body was found, the Commonwealth would not be able to charge Taylor with her murder a second time.

"I was hoping as the case progressed, he would kind of see the light and try to help himself and come forward,” said Mays

In another link...
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/taylor-i-almost-passed-out-when-guilty-verdict-read/article_ffb44122-da4b-11e3-9285-0017a43b2370.html

“Justice has not been done,” Taylor said at one point in the interview with the television station. “There’s two families hurting here now: her family and my family … Until Alexis is found and returned to her family and I am free of these charges, there is no closure here.

Seems like he is saying ,hey I might say where she is if I am free of these charges.
He really did not believe his was going to get convicted.

There is an uproar over the newsplex airing on facebook. I think in order to get the focus from Randy now would be for LE to ask for help in LE/volunteer search for Alexis Murphy. It would help unnerve him and reinforce public support and possibly lead to the discovery of the most important piece of this case Alexis.

While not posting recently I have been following the case and trial. I feel the jury made the right decision concerning the verdict with the evidence that was presented.

I am posting the following link, an interview with RAT, not to add anymore heartache to Alexis's family, but rather so those who want to, can see and hear what RAT has to say concerning his conviction.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...lusive-Interview-258950141.html?device=tablet

From this link:

"I'm a good person. I'm not the person that they want people to believe I am," Taylor said. "I've hard life, but being a liar doesn't make me being a killer. Sure, I lied. But I didn't hurt nobody. And I can't believe that I'm going to spend the rest of my life behind bars."

The jury recommended two life sentences for Taylor, but a judge will make the final decision this summer.

Taylor said he plans to appeal the verdict, ideally seeking a re-trial in a different locality."

Appeals are an automatic process for prisoners from what I've read. 30 days, an appeal sounded standard.

Hope he whoops all he wants about being innocent. It will make his sentencing even more important for the judge to hear.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member