GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prior testimony about a lie detector test, I think. A little hard to follow.
Objections were brought up, but not on record.

It was a confusing conversation, since some aspects of the wanting a mistrial was discussed in private and off the record.

I believe the judge has said that when that issue was brought up and they had a side bar, he suggested to the defense that ( "was not timely made, I gave you the opportunity to correct it but you chose not to. And, uh, that is your choice. Motion denied.") they had some opportunity to take care of this at the time but chose not to do so.

I think that the defense is trying to have it two ways --dismissed case, if possible, but a foundation for ineffective counsel if convicted based on lawyer not making an objection.

Last edited:
Ok... so different bailiff for Sid too........ maybe a reprimand of the one he was joking with last week???
And who is the guy with the laptop? You posting on here, friend? :) We need a list of who is i courtroom this week.

Morgan looked awesome. I'd LOVE for her to dress in purple, let her hair down and 'channel' her sisters look if any of the M's take the stand. That would push them over the edge, i think. Trial is going so much better. Think the judge had a LOT of blowback from peers as well as pubic for last Sh#$show of a trial.

This is where we were in SM's previous trials:

Kidnapping trial:
Coming back from lunch, the judge is addressing Moorer about his right to testify or not testify. Moorer told the judge he will NOT testify. The jury has not been brought back into the courtroom.
The defense has indicated no evidence will be presented on behalf of the defendant.
MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis - June 23, 2016 #3

I wonder who these "7" witnesses for the defense are. Let me check his Obstruction of Justice case and see who he called.

Obstruction of Justice trial:
Moorer getting emotional as he thinks about testifying. After a few mins discussing with attorneys: Moorer will NOT be taking the stand and testifying in his obstruction of justice trial. Closing Arguments now. Asst. Solicitor Nancy Livesay is now giving the prosecution's closing statements.
GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

So it was only TM's Kidnapping trial where we saw some defense witnesses?

Last edited:
I believe last time DD testified the picture was taken “for” TM. I believe it was taken to prove to TM that HE was being taken care of permanently and no one would see her again. The way DD says she would “not be seen by her family again” strikes me. He doesn’t say she wouldn’t be seen “alive” again. Maybe that’s the prosecution instruction to avoid muddying the murder vs kidnapping, but it makes me wonder what would make someone be fairly certain she wouldn’t be “seen” again. I keep coming back to the idea that she was dumped in a body of water, probably the ocean. I feel bad for him. He wanted no part of this and SM forced him to see that image. I would imagine that once something like that is seen, it is never forgotten. The Moorers are truly vile.

Edited for spelling

Last edited:
Hey all...
Not sure if you remember me, but I was also a friend TM's. (friend is a loose term, honestly - but I knew her and dealt with her in real life) With TM's case I was only convinced when she took the stand herself. I knew she was lying. She has spun webs of lies to me before, and I've caught her in them... I know how she acts. With SM's case - the new evidence that has come out, the SD card time, then the washing of the truck.... Wow. Just wow.

Before, I used to say, "I know TM is crazy...but that crazy? I'm not sure."
Now, I'm just sad, honestly.

They were never my favorite people, I was never close to her - never met SM or the kids - but to know that you knew someone capable of such a thing?! It makes me sad and literally ill. My heart BREAKS for the kids.

@Delta Dawn you've told me since day one they were guilty... took me a while to really fully believe it.... I pray they find Heather. Has anyone heard about the recently found remains?

Just a random thought. Nancy has never given up and never backed down with them. Part of me thinks it's because of the photo DD saw and what he told her SM said to him. I just feel like it's something totally horrifying. Murder is horrible, but I'm thinking this included a lot of cruelty and I think the photo and what SM said to him conveyed that and there was no way she was going to let these monsters get away with this. I so wish he could tell what SM said to him.

I'm assuming the defense knows it's over for them. I think JM's testimony sealed the deal. The SM ship has sunk faster than the Titanic. You might want to cancel those Disney trips for the next 30 years, Sid.

BBM

AND the defense attorney agreeing with JM that the new system was an upgrade (to the system that was there before).

While on recess, just thoughts about DD and what he saw on the phone: why would Sidney have shown DD what he did?? What would SM have gained from that? Why do something that would potentially seal his fate?? I just wonder if SM ever showed anyone else the photo (other than TM, cause you know he did!) and they are all just keeping quiet for now?? the M's are just pure evil and they deserve what they have (and had) coming to them!

While on recess, just thoughts about DD and what he saw on the phone: why would Sidney have shown DD what he did?? What would SM have gained from that? Why do something that would potentially seal his fate?? I just wonder if SM ever showed anyone else the photo (other than TM, cause you know he did!) and they are all just keeping quiet for now?? the M's are just pure evil and they deserve what they have (and had) coming to them!

Yeah, I was hoping some others who saw the photo would come forward. There have to be some.

I feel so so bad for DD. I can't even imagine suffering from addiction and then having these monsters brag to him about what they did...first it probably made him feel even worse about himself, like am I that awful of a person they thought I'd encourage what they did. And then 2 to have the defense keep throwing his charges in his face on the stand....and the question about the tattoo..really.!

And I know families like TM....maybe none that have committed this heinous of a crime but the mentality is the same....DD risked a lot by testifying against the Ms.

Ahh sorry...I know this has all probably been said before but my heart hurts for him and I so wish he could get help.

Just a random thought. Nancy has never given up and never backed down with them. Part of me thinks it's because of the photo DD saw and what he told her SM said to him. I just feel like it's something totally horrifying. Murder is horrible, but I'm thinking this included a lot of cruelty and I think the photo and what SM said to him conveyed that and there was no way she was going to let these monsters get away with this. I so wish he could tell what SM said to him.

Speaking of that photo. It must not definitively speak to where her body could be right? Just that she was not alive at the time it was taken. The remains that were found near that old dump. I'm thinking it's likely not Heather. The Moorer's are so arrogant, to me that says she is never going to be found, whatever they did with her they are 100% confident that body is never going to be used as evidence against them.

That's ok, I'll be happy with 30 years in prison for both. But my heart for the Elvis family is that they would have answers. :(

I still have an issue believing that SM did the final deed. Honestly, I don't think he's man enough. Don't know how else to phrase that. He may have told DD that to sound like he was so tough. I still see TM doing it. She would want a pic. I guarantee that phone or copy of the pic is somewhere hidden. TM was obsessed with HE. She would love to get that pic out to remind herself that HE got what was coming to her. (Not my thoughts) Heck, maybe she wanted the pic to show SM every so often, to remind him what would happen to HIM if he decided to stray again.

I have the same thoughts about SM’s motivation to show DD. Maybe it’s as simple as SM wanting to brag about what he and the missus had done. Or maybe there was a small stitch of guilt that needed to be released. Part of me has wondered if the picture wasn’t sent to both TM and SM by a third party. That might have given SM a reason to feel “distanced” from what actually happened at the end, and allow him to share it with DD without feeling the same level of guilt. Who knows. He’s a twisted person so it’s tough to say for certain.

I am sure after SM affair he had to redeem himself with TM family. I am guessing DD wasn't the only person he showed the pic to...DD didn't get to say what brought the conversation up...he seemed like he started to and just said "he showed me a pic" I think SM is a an idiot and just thought he was cool. As vile as that sounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum