Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a press account of Sidney's statement:

"If I could finally give them closure, I would. There’s nothing I can tell them to give them any closure. I have children of my own. I get it. There’s nothing I can give them for closure.”

I am trying to read the tea leaves about what this is really saying.

There is weirdly a lot to unpack here.
Why FINALLY? Has he been waiting for years to give them closure?
There's nothing he can tell them, and there's nothing he can give them, is there something he can show them? (I don't believe there is nothing, but I am keeping my thoughts in the context of Heather's family's request to be able to bring her home)

What is HIS context for mentioning his children? Does he have nothing to offer the Elvis' because he wants to protect his kids from knowing, once and for all, from his own mouth, who their father is?

I just got caught up on posts. And watched the family statements and the sentencing. Had no idea all that had happened today.

Like some of you, I've gone back and forth in my mind about SM's involvement and the extent to which he truly knows all that happened. Never have seen him as innocent, but have wondered how much of this is his punishment too. I just never quite saw him as waking up one day and thinking, "Let's murder her".

But now that it got this far, and he set himself up to get 30 years, what did he gain? Even if he doesn't know how she was killed (doubt that), or where she is, he knows that she's gone as a result of the events of that morning. Period. And, it's not like TM hasn't been holding that over his head, making it his fault for her decisions and actions. So, why did he not finally come forth with a plea to the state about what he wasn't involved in, what he does know and doesn't, and a request a deal if he gave up TM and other parties? This makes no sense.

I think it's true that she is the supreme ringleader, and given how Narcissists love control, secrets, scapegoating, and creating distance between themselves and their flying monkeys and the victim, it makes perfect sense to me that SM has in some way been a useful tool. But he should fry for letting that anguished family stand there, and beg the court for some shred of hope that Heather can come home and receive the laying to rest she deserves - while he sat and cried like a toddler that he has nothing to give them. That alone should send the Karma Bus, with no mercy.

I'm a mother who longs under very different circumstances for the story of what really happened in my child's last hours, and has to still see the smirking of the person who does know, and will never tell. In my book, Debi Elvis wrote the anthem and lament for suffering mothers whose question is excruciatingly simple, yet goes unanswered. I will not ever forget her presence in that courtroom or her statement. I can't even begin to express how deeply saddened I am for Terry and his forever heartache. I wish Morgan the wonderful life her sister did not get to live because of these two soulless individuals. But I understand that her life on its most wonderful day, will never be complete.

To the Elvis family, I know you have your personal faith, but this helps me sometimes, and I know it's true in Heather's case, no matter how big the secret of these two and their commitment to keeping it:

"I saw that." - Karma
♥♥♥♥♥

There is weirdly a lot to unpack here.
Why FINALLY? Has he been waiting for years to give them closure?
There's nothing he can tell them, and there's nothing he can give them, is there something he can show them? (I don't believe there is nothing, but I am keeping my thoughts in the context of Heather's family's request to be able to bring her home)

What is HIS context for mentioning his children? Does he have nothing to offer the Elvis' because he wants to protect his kids from knowing, once and for all, from his own mouth, who their father is?
All I know is there still is no remorse. No I’m so sorry I took part in this. No I was wrong. We should have heard I’m sorry from him not I can’t.

Despite the lengthy sentences, Heather Elvis’ immediate family members didn’t express much satisfaction because they’re still hoping to find out exactly what happened.
“He’s still holding her hostage from us,” Heather’s mother, Debbi Elvis, told the judge before he issued Sidney Moorer’s sentence.

After the courtroom cleared, Debbi Elvis said her husband, Terry, put his hand on her shoulder and asked, “Now what?” and she responded with tears.

“I don’t see this as a victory,” Terry Elvis said, “just another step.”

Terry, Debbi and Heather’s sister Morgan all expressed hope after the trial that they would find closure at some point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article235222357.html

Thank you stillwatersc and TTF14.
When I left them I was determine to make something of my life when the Welfare removed me from them they heard the evidence from neighbours and school of my situation and swept it up under the carpet. I was determined to recontact with my family, past my school grades get a job and after I was eighteen would live my life, however one day if the welfare and the Children Home whose control/care I was under ever came under investigation I would give evidence not for my self but what I had seen for the other girls, for that I knew I had to stay crime/drug free which was the path of many of the other kids.
Eight years ago, it happened and I did what I promised to do.
I think I look at it as a experience of life I seen the best and also the worst of people nature. Having a sense of humor helps
Currently I am still researching my files and history so I can understand how this mess got started in the first. First answer badly forged documents in three states by a parent.
Why it happened,still looking. Once answered/ closure.

“He’s still holding her hostage from us,” Heather’s mother, Debbi Elvis, told the judge before he issued Sidney Moorer’s sentence.

rsbm

That really hit me in the feels. Debbi is right.....this is an ongoing crime. Heather is still kidnapped. Still being held hostage :(. And there is still ZERO remorse from anyone in that clan.

rsbm

That really hit me in the feels. Debbi is right.....this is an ongoing crime. Heather is still kidnapped. Still being held hostage :(. And there is still ZERO remorse from anyone in that clan.

As it has shown through history, Moor Killers in the UK never reveal where the body of the little boy, his Mother begged them. It was their Trump card by not telling her.
In Australia, one state is passing a law (Hopefully other states will follow) If person has served their sentence/parole due to the crime but body not found, they remain in jail.
No Body no release.

Last edited:

This has her talking a little bit to the judge. If I remember correctly it was all about her and her family. imo

She is a horrible person. IMO, of course.

She also stated, "....never happy with representation... didn't fight for me.... not comfortable." "I felt like I had to do my own trial." "I am Heather's number one advocate and want to know what happened to her just as much as her parents do." "Never saw her in person." "They (the prosecution) know where Heather is."

Oh I miss that young attorney Brown .. not really

Ugh .. I remember her blabbering on about "they know where Heather is" and how it's "all in the discovery", her lovely plastic box of goodies .. so I wonder, now they are both behind bars, will the civil action still be filed?? Will Atty. Poston reveal what happened to Heather as stated in his previous interview? If they plan on stating the "truth" during the civil action, why didn't they use their trials to tell to truth?? Hmmmmmm ... :rolleyes::confused:

She also stated, "....never happy with representation... didn't fight for me.... not comfortable." "I felt like I had to do my own trial." "I am Heather's number one advocate and want to know what happened to her just as much as her parents do." "Never saw her in person." "They (the prosecution) know where Heather is."

I still can't believe she said she's Heather's #1 advocate. What a psycho!

Could it be that SM carried out the crime but TM carried out the hiding of HE and the evidence? I think that they divided "tasks" to forever hold each other accountable and thus silent. I imagine it gives them a sense of security that if one blames the other, the other will blame the first. What horrible people--how dare they end Heather's life for their own selfish reasons? Why couldn't they just leave her alone? She was so young. She had so much living and growing to do. Which one of us hasn't made a mistake of getting involved with the wrong person? Isn't that what youth is about? She deserved to live and love and see her family again. She did nothing to deserve the fate delivered by these awful humans. I hope one of them finally owns up to their terrible crimes--not for their own consciouses but for the Elvis family.

This case turns my stomach and breaks my heart--just senseless and horrific. I am sending love to all of Heather's loved ones. While I did not know her personally, I carry her in my thoughts.

:confused:Gag.o_O

Ugh .. I remember her blabbering on about "they know where Heather is" and how it's "all in the discovery", her lovely plastic box of goodies .. so I wonder, now they are both behind bars, will the civil action still be filed?? Will Atty. Poston reveal what happened to Heather as stated in his previous interview? If they plan on stating the "truth" during the civil action, why didn't they use their trials to tell to truth?? Hmmmmmm ... :rolleyes::confused:

I actually found myself missing his "Would it surprise you..." Mostly because when he was beating a dead horse with his questioning it gave the witness a chance to sass a little. Like Joyce.

I think PC and TM are still holding the kids over SM's head. You say what i tell you to say, do what i tell you to do or you get NO VISITS from your kids. I wish they lived with his parents. I don't know where the elder son is, and if NM isn't living at Polly's, i'd be its more likely she's with a BF already, as AC didn't mention her living there.

Now to find out what exactly is going on with their house? Is it empty? Rented? who is there? Or is it NM and elder son living there themselves? The control has ended for TM. But where is it focused...????

I could just see the deposition in the civil case. Tammy Moorer stating, "Let me just say this about any question you have, I plead the 5th because I can. Now, can you please open my plastic tote with doctored photos and memorabilia to prove how the rest of the world and your clients wronged us? This is my case and I will run it as I see fit."

If they won't say where Heather is, it would be nice if they just shut up and stop trying to make themselves the victims.

Ya know, Im on vacation in Oregon, and I HAVE TO ACT like I'm interested in the site seeing. I'm seeking every moment I can get to read here!!!!!
GUILTY!!!
BAM!!!!
I have to hold my excitement and act like a tourist!!
Thank God I'm not out on a boat whale watching!!!!
Lol!!!!

O/T

Welcome to my neck of the woods, Warwick7! I do hope you’re enjoying Some of the sites of my beautiful state. :)

RSBM: He also said something like, "anything I told them would be a lie." I fully believed him when he said that. He didn't say it would be "made up." He said it would be a lie. I find that choice of word very telling. I think his subconscious was speaking. He's been lying, he will continue to lie, and if forced to speak further, he'll lie some more.

Hi Surfy!

Long time, yes.

I didn't watch every day but did check in to see the progress of the trial. It's strange to me that Sidney would say anything at all to the judge and Elvis family; he knew he wasn't going to tell what he knows and what he did and it's just another game to say he can't bring them closure blah blah blah. He could, he chooses not to.

It's so obvious to me that Heather's body is gone as in never to be found. Not buried in their yard, not propped up somewhere. Like really gone, and not able to be recovered. He'll never tell because he'd have to have immunity from any murder, conspiracy to murder and all other charges they could throw at him, and the state isn't going to agree to that. They would like nothing more than prosecuting both monsters for 1st degree murder.

This is a press account of Sidney's statement:

"If I could finally give them closure, I would. There’s nothing I can tell them to give them any closure. I have children of my own. I get it. There’s nothing I can give them for closure.”

I am trying to read the tea leaves about what this is really saying.

This has her talking a little bit to the judge. If I remember correctly it was all about her and her family. imo

I've looked everywhere and can't find all of her words. We need to play them side by side. Thanks for the links!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff