GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this defense attorney claiming that this witness is not qualified as an expert in the field of cellular technology, simple because he's not had a published article in a journal?
I think he's trying to do that and also trying to say that the "peers" who "peer reviewed" his work were unqualified. I think he's trying to limit expert testimony.

Is this defense attorney claiming that this witness is not qualified as an expert in the field of cellular technology, simple because he's not had a published article in a journal?

Marissa Tansino WMBF
Defense attorney Greg McCollum challenges the qualification of an expert. Judge overrules and qualifies him as expert in cellular technology and historical records analysis.

Sidney Moorer transferred to Horry County Detention Center

Sidney Moorer has been transferred to the J. Reuben Long Detention Center as his wife’s trial on charges of kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping in connection with the disappearance of Heather Elvis continues this week.

According to jail records, Moorer was booked Tuesday at 4:45 p.m.

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV
Sidney Moorer has been booked into J. Reuben Long detention center. He was previously being held at Lee Correctional Facility. Sidney is on this potential witness list in his wife Tammy’s trial @WBTWNews13

Nick Papantonis WPDE
Sidney Moorer is at J. Reuben Long. He is listed as a potential witness for his wife's trial. @wpdeabc15

I asked this years ago but can’t remember the answer - can anyone tell me what kind of an area this is? Like suburban, middle class? Or varied?

I ask because I cannot fathom how they’d suggest anyone else just happened to come across heather at the PTL in that tiny timeframe, it doesn’t appear to be a city-like atmosphere with walking and driving traffic even in middle of the night. I’m in Chicago and even in the most well-trafficked areas, you couldn’t assume someone would pop up upon Heather in that minute or two.

I asked this years ago but can’t remember the answer - can anyone tell me what kind of an area this is? Like suburban, middle class? Or varied?

I ask because I cannot fathom how they’d suggest anyone else just happened to come across heather at the PTL in that tiny timeframe, it doesn’t appear to be a city-like atmosphere with walking and driving traffic even in middle of the night. I’m in Chicago and even in the most well-trafficked areas, you couldn’t assume someone would pop up upon Heather in that minute or two.
The area of PTL is sparsely populated. Peachtree Rd. ends at PTL. Overlooking the landing is a handful of trailers, but even those are blocked by a line of trees. Otherwise, the area is mostly wetlands. Google Maps has street view of the landing. Sorry, I haven't mastered links and images on this new platform, but you can just google "peachtree landing" and it will show up on the map. HTH.

Edited to add link. Hopefully it works.

Google Maps

The theory of something happening to Heather at LongBeards makes sense to me. MOre sense than Heather being at PeachTree Landing, though as I said, I think she COULD have met SM there and willingly gotten into his vehicle, where TM was hiding waiting on her. But I can see how SM could have driven Heather's car there. I so wish someone would grow a conscious and tell what happened. :(

Sounds like the defense didn't hire their own expert to tell them what the discovery shows, and that they also didn't ask the prosecutor for any reports that would show them either.

I'm not sure that it's the job of the prosecutor to show the defense what the discovery means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee