GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 1m1 minute ago
Caulder says he spent an hour to an hour and a half searching the truck but found no blood matching Heather Elvis in the car. He says they didn't look for hairs or fibers in the truck. He says at this point he was looking at just a missing persons case, not violent crime.

They didn't even check the bed of the truck for blood. Nor did they look inside the toolbox of the truck. *facepalm*

ETA: Witness said he was told a key would be brought (by Moorers I assume) to gain access to the toolbox and to not force the lock. No key was ever given to him.

I'm amazed at how many trials we watch where LE misses getting the forensics. I'm very pro LE so this isn't a jab, just facts that we hear about it more often than not. I know they didn't know there was a crime at first but isn't it standard to treat everything as a crime scene? If not, shouldn't we all know better by now? *eye roll* IMO

Cathy Russon‏ @cathyrusson 3m3 minutes ago
#TammyMoorer - Caulder didn't look for fingerprints or swab for DNA. He'd been told the truck belonged to a person that had a relationship w/Heather. The problem is the Moorers bought that truck after Sidney/Heather broke up & could have been very helpful.

Dpt1Yc4UwAg0Ayj.jpg

I don't understand the lack of scrutiny in searching the truck. You can't go backward and look for more evidence after a missing person is suspected to be a crime victim. The same with Heather's car.

I'm amazed at how many trials we watch where LE misses getting the forensics. I'm very pro LE so this isn't a jab, just facts that we hear about it more often than not. I know they didn't know there was a crime at first but isn't it standard to treat everything as a crime scene? If not, shouldn't we all know better by now? *eye roll* IMO

BBM I'm glad you mentioned that. If you have a missing person and you have a vehicle of interest why would you not assume that something happened in the truck vs looking for evidence that it did before you do a thorough search? Is this normal?

I agree and I think they both look like they have aged over the courses of the trials but she especially this trial has aged. IIRC, during SM trial they both dressed nice and she had her hair/makeup done each day. She looks stressed IMO now.

I have always and still do believe this.

I agree with this. They planned everything out so far in advance (the truck, the phones etc) so I doubt they would just text that Heather was gone or they had her address.

IMO
Agree it seems careless but look at the timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member