GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone make me a list of points that will help the jury get to a guilty verdict?
I did miss the first 2 days but I am not feeling very confident yet. I am very glad I am not on this jury at this point in time.

Where do you guys think the state is with the case so far?

IMO I think the amount of circumstantial evidence is enough for me personally (if I didn't follow from day 2 and have my own opinions) to vote guilty.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 5m5 minutes ago
Caulder says he was told to assist in the investigation because there was a missing woman and the truck belonged to someone she had a relationship with. He says they didn't test for DNA because "it was solidified" she was probably in the truck at one time.

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 4m4 minutes ago
Solicitor Nancy Livesay asked Caulder if there's any way to know she wasn't in the car without DNA testing, he says no.

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV 2m2 minutes ago
Caulder testified when he went to search the truck all he knew was it belonged to someone Heather Elvis had a relationship with & he didn't swab for DNA assuming her DNA was already in there. He didn't know the truck was bought after the relationship ended @WBTWNews13

Marissa Tansino WMBF‏ @MarissaTansino 1m1 minute ago
The Moorer's truck was purchased in November after the relationship between Sidney and Heather ended. Cross examination has begun.

Observation: "Would you be surprised" must be typical legalese to get in information that otherwise would be a statement and not allowed. Asking it as a question gets the information in there.

group-hug2-smiley.gif

IMO I think the amount of circumstantial evidence is enough for me personally (if I didn't follow from day 2 and have my own opinions) to vote guilty.

Yes, there is a large quantity of circumstantial evidence. I find it very interesting, that the defense hasn't been effective yet, in turning any of the numerous witnesses, into witnesses that help the defense.

Side note about TM looking a little worn today: I told someone the other day that I could actually sympathize with TM until the day she decided that Heather was the enemy and not her husband. If she would have just divorced him, SHE WOULD HAVE SURVIVED. Wives have survived cheating husbands for centuries and even the ones that got the mistress pregnant. I mean girl, you would have been okay!
Generally speaking, she had a great support system in her family and is a strong minded (albeit unstable) female. If she wasn't a narcissist (IMO), this could have been so different and Heather would still be here. :( I guess she just wasn't wiling to give up the control she had.

UGH, sigh.

IMHO

Wow, witness only spent 1-2 hours examining the vehicle. IMO, not a long time for processing. He did not look for fibers or hairs. Only blood and any type of receipts to indicate missing person could have been in a certain area.

I feel there must have been something in that truck as TM didn't give access to the initial officer photographing the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE