GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the other options your bother as a prosecutor suggested?

I may not be able to explain this with the legal acumen necessary, but he suggested the judge could have instructed the jury that the sequestration violation had occurred and allowed the prosecution to cross examine on the violation itself. For example, when CM was explaining his side of the violation, and was "caught" with some less than truthful explanations, those things would become part of the testimony and would serve to undermine his credibility and show his willingness to lie under oath. Conversely, he suggested the judge could have allowed the defense to decide if the witnesses be excluded or allowed to be cross examined on the violation. I guess its similar to what occurred today with TM's sister: essentially the idea that allowing those witnesses to be exposed as liars is better than appearing to suppress the testimony entirely. At least from an appellate point of view.

It makes me sick that this family can and knowingly and deliberately watch the trial in that room & block the door so they can hide what they're doing. I'm sure TM put them up to it so their testimonies would all match. Hopefully the fact that they deliberately broke sequestration and watched testimony will stand since it makes their intended testimony suspect. Was your brother a prosecutor in SC?

I completely agree with you. I enjoyed seeing the family members get punished for their clear unwillingness to follow the rules as much as anyone, but in this case it may have been better to lose the battle and win the war. If it could be shown conclusively that TM put them up to it, that would be one thing, but outside of that, the perception to an unbaised outside observer may be that you are punishing a defendant (and removing a large part of their legal defense) based on actions of the witnesses and not necessarily the defendant themselves. Some people have suggested they may be intentionally messing with the proceedings to get a mistrial. I agree that seems possible, even likely. The actions of some of those people fits perfectly with what I expected from them. Bottom line for me is I want a conviction that withstands an appeal, and TM (and eventually SM) go away for a long time.

He wasn't a prosecutor in SC, but rather out here in the western US. I think it just shows his concerns regarding the increased level of difficulty in re-trying a case after an appeal, and his belief every attempt should be made in the first place to avoid giving the defense anything to strengthen an appellate case. At least, that's the way I took it.

Not only that but he testified his last contact with her was around April 2013. She hadn't met SM yet and obviously didn't think she was pregnant. It was a waste to have him on the stand but he did provide stalling and more stalling for the defense.
I'm so glad NL asked him, "so you really don't know anything involving this case at all?"

BBM: I just don't understand this line of thinking. Why would she mention it to him? Or anybody but the people closest to her? If/when you think you're pregnant, you don't run around telling people you think you may be pregnant. Sigh. What a frustrating, exhausting day.
Exactly...even moreso if the male you think may have impregnated you is married!!! I don't understand why he was brought in other than, just to testify that he had sexual relations with Heather. Absolutely asinine!!! She was 20 years old, for crying out loud. So what if she was no longer a virgin! Can't believe he was allowed to testify. Ah well, it's no skin off the Prosecutions back. I doubt anyone took much notice of him except maybe TM. *wink wink* hahaha

ETA: MOO

Last edited:
I may not be able to explain this with the legal acumen necessary
RSBM: I think you did a great job explaining it. Thank you for the time you took to do so. I hadn't thought about it in this way. I only had an emotional reaction, but I agree with so much of what you're saying here. Thanks for the fresh perspective.

Just an observation here – the defendant who is on trial for kidnapping has had access to her computer that’s has been with her and maybe even been online since her trial started.
Have not been in a courtroom in a long time but that certainly needs to be addressed by the Court.
We don’t know if she is recording the trial or what she is doing. That seems like a privilege this defendant should not have unless every defendant in every courtroom in this country also has one.
There is only one official record of the trial and the responsibility for “the record” is on the court reporter who is there to preserve the record.
Having multiple recording devices in any court room is a bad idea & in this case this Judge should admonish anyone in his courtroom to refrain from using computers or recording devices.
Telephones are being checked the door and computer should be as well unless of course the attorneys are using them.

Y'all what happened today is the TM way!! She's been creating chaos, division and hate since before Heather ever went missing. Many of us have been on this case from the beginning - THIS IS HER GOAL. She doesn't care about justice or truth - she's disrupting the process. She is loathsome.
True, but what defendant in a criminal case is actually interested in justice for the victim? I know of none who want justice for the victim or the truth to be told *if* it serves to implicate them.

Ok...hold the phone...
Way back in another thread, I understood Polly to be the one texting TM about an ad. Now, AC says it was herself doing the texting AND she has her listed as Mom?
<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
If I have this right the sister/daughter impeached her own testimony and Nancy busted her in AC's lie.
AC testified this morning that you can't handcuff a person to TM's bed and Nancy made AC admit she saw SM handcuffed to the bed. Bam! You go Nancy!!

Y'all what happened today is the TM way!! She's been creating chaos, division and hate since before Heather ever went missing. Many of us have been on this case from the beginning - THIS IS HER GOAL. She doesn't care about justice or truth - she's disrupting the process. She is loathsome.
Your description is right on. Her behavior is outrageous,<modsnipped> Though the evil TM exudes is like a colored fog, not just something you sense, but something you can see! God I hope she's found guilty. I don't think I can bear to see Heather's parents faces if she walks.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, Sidney is not going to testify. He was on a list of potential witnesses, but was not called to the stand.

Today I was listening and not looking at the screen when I heard "Sidney" was coming to the stand. I literally about spilled my drink and almost fell out of my chair until I looked at my screen and took a few minutes to realize the Son also has a name with "Sidney" in it and he was the one walking up to the stand. LOL :)

You are right about the other Sidney.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members