GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV

Jury asked to view surveillance footage from Walmart on Seaboard St. where Sidney Moorer is seen getting out of his truck to buy a pregnancy test &surveillance footage from a business & a home on Highway 814 that the state says shows the Moorer truck driving to Peachtree landing

Judge released extra alternate. Once the jury starts deliberating, they cannot switch someone out for an alternate; the 12 seated at the time of deliberations beginning must be the 12 that carry out the verdict. The released alternate is free to go or stay, free to speak with whomever she chooses, but she will not be deliberating on this case.

Julie Calhoun‏ @JulieCalhounTV

Jury asked to view surveillance footage from Walmart on Seaboard St. where Sidney Moorer is seen getting out of his truck to buy a pregnancy test &surveillance footage from a business & a home on Highway 814 that the state says shows the Moorer truck driving to Peachtree landing

Ok, sounds like they want to compare the two videos of the truck?

So to recap, a juror has a fever and stomach virus, so he was replaced with an alternate juror (male; he was selected by draw). The second alternate (female) was released by the judge. When the State questioned restrictions on communication with the released alternate, the judge said she's at liberty to talk to whoever she wants to. The restriction on communicating with her has ended since she's not participating in the deliberations.

Link

The jury wants to watch the videos (which is being set up for them) and they asked for TM's father's phone number (which they will not be receiving).

Did I miss anything?

Her facebook warriors have threatened MANY people over the years. Online, in real life, and through jobs. I wouldn't put anything past them. They even HIRED someone at one point.

Edited to add: I know its a very slight possibility, and people are sick, but I don't think a fever would keep me from deliberations after a 3 week trial.

I can personally attest to this with knowledge that she did indeed hire people to harass HE family and others. While I would hope that these people were not so lowly and stupid enough to go after jurors - honestly, nothing would surprise me. They were calling employers and CPS and anyone else they could find to cause torment and destruction. I've been around the TC community quite awhile and this was like nothing I've ever seen before. Even Casey Anthony's case wasn't this bad as far as supporter behavior. TM and crew even tried to go after me, and well...I've been around the block a time or twelve and those tactics don't do much to scare me these days. And I punch back.

If you recall, TM and SM had big fluorescent signs in their front yard harassing HE's family even when they were under gag order. It would appear they don't think the rules apply to them, IMO. I am hoping there is a verdict today and it's one that I get to watch TM shuffle herself out the side door to her new home for a few years. Justice is long overdue in this case. I try not to get personally invested in these cases because I trust in our system, but this is one that I sure hope the jury gets right.

So to recap, a juror has a fever and stomach virus, so he was replaced with an alternate juror (male; he was selected by draw). The second alternate (female) was released by the judge. When the State questioned restrictions on communication with the released alternate, the judge said she's at liberty to talk to whoever she wants to. The restriction on communicating with her has ended since she's not participating in the deliberations.

The jury wants to watch the videos (which is being set up for them) and they asked for TM's father's phone number (which they will not be receiving).

Did I miss anything?

Do you have the link to all the action you could share?

They want to see video from millpond/814 and the Walmart video. ..

I'm guessing they remember NL bringing up the orange mickey not being in either video.

MOO
Nancy clarifying that the truck was missing the antennae and lighted decoration in the video of the truck in Walmart, was IMO one of the most crucial pieces of evidence.

Judge released extra alternate. Once the jury starts deliberating, they cannot switch someone out for an alternate; the 12 seated at the time of deliberations beginning must be the 12 that carry out the verdict. The released alternate is free to go or stay, free to speak with whomever she chooses, but she will not be deliberating on this case.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member