GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion of SM is he's a follower, probably a fun loving guy, enjoyed his kids, youngest in the family so used to authority. Enjoyed Disney and having fun with his kids doing stuff. My opinion of her is totally different. I see her as bossy and a bully, not enjoying life much, controlling everything he and the kids did. Obsessed with Disney - which I find odd personally - maybe it was her only escape from the rigid world she created and lives in.

So true! I have no doubt that as things started falling apart for them and they were implicated in Heather's disappearance, Tammy told Sidney it was all his fault for cheating on her. "You made me do this when you cheated on me". If she's found guilty, she will blame her lawyers, Horry County, conspiracies, aliens, witchcraft and anyone but herself.

I've been the victim of a narcissist and also watched him lie on the stand and place all the blame on everyone but himself. The day he attacked me, he said it was my fault for being a willful b****. He's claimed LE was out to get him and wouldn't listen to his version of events (they did, but they didn't believe it). He wrote a letter saying he wanted to rip the prosecutor's lungs out. When confronted with a jailhouse phone recording where he admitted everything, he pleaded the 5th rather than admit the truth. He is extremely vengeful and I have no doubt his time in prison is spent marinating in his hate for me and all the LE, lawyers and judge who are (in his mind) the reason he's locked up.

I saw a lot of shades of him in TM's testimony. I'm sure if she's convicted, she will spend a great deal of time writing letters and trying to "prove" she's the victim of a wrongful conviction.

Seems like you and I have some very similar experiences. :( I saw many similarities between Tammy and the narcissist in my own life, and it was just even more eye opening for my present situation because I'm still somewhat living it. That makes me feel terrible for those kids. I go to a 12 step recovery program and am actively trying to recover from my own experiences in dealing with someone of this personality, and I still struggle. What is their struggle going to be like? They've been brainwashed, coerced and confused and unfortunately I don't think there is anyone in their life that will break this cycle.

She will never move on because she's a narcissist. They are grudge holding blamers. Nothing is their fault; they're the victim. Things are the way they are because of someone else's doings. They'll never take any accountability because they believe they are the ones wronged.

How true, DeltaDawn. As soon as she got on the stand, she was blaming Nancy Livesay for making her life miserable... It's never her or what she did.

I knew TM was a piece of work, but I never expected her to be so belligerent, disrespectful, and vulgar in court. Rotten to the core.

And just thinking of Heather's final moments of her life -- blindsided and betrayed, terrified with no one to help her as she realized her life was about to end. I pray the jury shows no mercy to Tammy. Heather got none.

I don't believe he lived in an apartment. IIRC, he stated he lived with his parents at their house. There are no apartments in Mt. Gilead (Murrells Inlet). I don't know if that matters, but I just thought I'd mention it. JMO.
Thank you! I just couldn't remember and there are so many posts to go back to, I knew someone would be able to provide that info ASAP!! Did the M's phone also ping in the Murrells Inlet area that evening??

Hi everyone, first time post.
I've been lurking for five years. Reading and following this along, then completely forgetting about it - for the most part - for a few years in between. But these past few weeks, I've been completely consumed by it. I know Tammy. I have never met Sidney or the kids, but I have known Tammy for a number of years. I put in my information to become a verified insider, but haven't heard back and was holding off posting until then, but I'm about to burst. I'm a total mess, I have to throw my feelings and thoughts 'out there'.

I will be honest, up until this week, I didn't know what to believe. I know Tammy is a liar and a bit crazy, but is she THAT crazy? To be crazy enough to commit such a crime?! I wasn't sure and everything I read didn't give enough proof. There are a few of us lurking in the shadows in my similar situation (and I'm sure when they read these words, they will know who I am! Just as I know Delta Dawn, who by the way is an amazing human being in every way, shape & form! :)), we have been chatting a bit, comparing thoughts and notes.

What changed this week for me? Tammy's testimony. She completely lied. Things I KNOW about her, she lied about. You all saw when she contradicted herself so many times, you don't even have to know her to catch those! Nothing was accurate, everyone before her was wrong, only she is right. This is TRUE Tammy-style. She weaves such a web of lies that even she is convinced they are true. I am 100% certain she will claim her innocence until the day she dies. She has herself convinced. This is how she rolls. I've caught her in a lie, with hard proof, and she weaved the same web of lies to me - turned and blamed it elsewhere. Juuuuust like on the stand. I could predict when she was about to explode, when Nancy was prodding her, it made me remember my conversation with Tammy when I caught her in a lie - and I knew when Tammy would hit her boiling point. I could feel it!

If Tammy was innocent, there would be no reason she would lie on the stand. NONE. Why would she weave such a web if she didn't have to? She had to. She's guilty.

Now, the fact that I know this person has me completely ripped apart inside. I will admit I didn't know her well, but I communicated with her on a fairly often basis, a bit more than an acquaintance, and I have met her face to face (despite us not living in the same state). I cared about her well being. I remember her Facebook having videos from THEIR surveillance cameras of people driving past her house and her mentioning about fearing for her life and the lives of her children, I was very worried for her for a long time. Then I learned about the court case and I've been lurking ever since.

I am devastated that someone I know, someone I cared about, did this. It completely shatters me. And I didn't know her that well. I cannot even fathom what close friends and family are feeling, even if they do think she's innocent. I ache. The moment it all came around for me, I sat with my head in my hands and I cried. How could she? HOW COULD SHE?! I'm still reeling in shock. I'm also sad for her. To be that messed up.... She's a very broken human. I'm sitting here in tears again, aching. If you are of the praying sort, pray for that family, pray for the friends, pray for the KIDS. If I'm in this much pain, I can't even imagine how they are feeling - espeically if they came around to realizing like I did when she sat on that stand.

Thanks for listening...
Thank you so much for sharing, and welcome to the family! *Hugs* to you! ♥

My opinion of SM is he's a follower, probably a fun loving guy, enjoyed his kids, youngest in the family so used to authority. Enjoyed Disney and having fun with his kids doing stuff. My opinion of her is totally different. I see her as bossy and a bully, not enjoying life much, controlling everything he and the kids did. Obsessed with Disney - which I find odd personally - maybe it was her only escape from the rigid world she created and lives in.
I agree and I wonder if he heard TM tell him so many times to “be a man” his relationship with Heather and his previous affair reaffirmed his own masculinity and was a I’ll show you to TM!

Edited to add: Of course as soon as TM found out about the affair he had to do whatever it took to make things right again. I watched the interview that SM gave about the Walmart video during his trial, explaining he bought the pregnancy test for his wife. The reporter asked him why he was breaking the gag order to speak out, he said because his wife was being brought into it when she was uninvolved (not those exact words) I can only imagine TM forced him to do that, ie he made this mess he had to do whatever it took to put things right even if it meant him taking the rap for breaking the gag order.

Last edited:
Thank you! I just couldn't remember and there are so many posts to go back to, I knew someone would be able to provide that info ASAP!! Did the M's phone also ping in the Murrells Inlet area that evening??

I don't think so, but HE and SS weren't in that area. He testified he drove down to her area for their date. From what I remember of MB, isn't MI like a 20 minute drive, at least, from the main MB "strip?"

Seems like you and I have some very similar experiences. :( I saw many similarities between Tammy and the narcissist in my own life, and it was just even more eye opening for my present situation because I'm still somewhat living it. That makes me feel terrible for those kids. I go to a 12 step recovery program and am actively trying to recover from my own experiences in dealing with someone of this personality, and I still struggle. What is their struggle going to be like? They've been brainwashed, coerced and confused and unfortunately I don't think there is anyone in their life that will break this cycle.

I'm so sorry for what you have been through. I hope you're able to disentangle that person from your life and heal. It's so hard. My narcissist was only in my life for 3 years and has been gone from it for 4, but I still feel the echoes of his abuse and manipulations on a daily basis. It does change you and makes it so scary to navigate even the most casual new friendships because you will never stop looking for those warning signs you missed the first time.

I look at TM's kids and wonder the same thing. How can you be "normal" if you've never experienced it?

Myrtle Beach population is around 30K, yes? I live in a town of a little over 3K. That's a small town. IMO, Myrtle Beach isn't a small town.
And that's just the city limits, and doesn't account for how populated we are from year-round tourists. Plus the greater area (the Grand Strand) has a population of over 300K.

And her posting about her Mom's car was totalled, yet it was still able to be driven, and it wasn't sent to the scrap yard. So there was a reason for that post, and her claim on the stand about her Mom's car.
Oh, wow. I didnt know about the post. Adding the use of that car makes the puzzle more complete. Isnt it strange though that she keeps mentioning it? Its as if it bothers her that we dont know about that part.

*Hugs* to you, friend. ♥

I don't think so, but HE and SS weren't in that area. He testified he drove down to her area for their date. From what I remember of MB, isn't MI like a 20 minute drive, at least, from the main MB "strip?"
From memory, I believe they went to Bandito's on Ocean Blvd. in MB to eat dinner. They also practiced driving stick shift in his vehicle, in the parking lot of, what I'm pretty sure, was Inlet Square Mall. And they watched a movie at his house (Murrells Inlet). Then he drove her home. I might have the movie and the driving lessons flip flopped chronologically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste