GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody know if Rabbit was around to watch the proceedings this morning?

It doesn't sound like it, but it's possible she was going incognito.

Millard has looked out into the body of the court several times this morning. It's unclear if he has supporters here. The courtroom is quite full.
by Adam Carter 10:10 AM

As the judge continues, Millard is again looking around the body of the court. It doesn't appear he's recognizing or locking eyes with anyone. The best way I could describe his look is probably pensive.
by Adam Carter 10:22 AM

Those of us following Forestall's judgement as it was live-tweeted all seemed to think she was heading toward not guilty until the last few parts of the judgement. Does anyone else suspect she did this on purpose to torment DM and lull him into expecting he was going to get off?

I don't know if that was her intent but I think the result was the same!

"Dellen Millard set up a false alibi," the judge says. "He lied to the police when he told them that he stayed at Mark Smich's house." Millard is staring at the judge now, with his mouth hanging open.
by Adam Carter 11:45 AM

What kills me is that if Millard hadn't been so cheap, and had invested in a half dozen burner phones, .

Cheap - or just not nearly as smart as he likes to think he is? Through all three cases, it was his stupidity (relying on traceable text messages, taking and storing damning pictures, writing letters to CN) that provided the evidence to convict. Hoist by his own petard.

I'm not sure if a girlfriend would have any legal standing, as she wasn't even engaged to him. However, if I recall correctly, Wayne's gf Janet was also his cousin (her adoptive father and Millard’s mother were siblings) so assuming there are no other relatives, perhaps she will inherit his assets, if DM is out of the picture.

I hope this is the case, as it would be another form of justice - DM kills his father for his inheritance, only to see it going to his fathers girlfriend, instead of him.
Not that its going to matter. I assume that by the time this gets to the courts, the balance will be $0 anyway. I remember the Menendez brothers managed to burn through $14.5 million while they were in jail. Although I bet some of that money is sitting around waiting for them.

Not that its going to matter. I assume that by the time this gets to the courts, the balance will be $0 anyway. I remember the Menendez brothers managed to burn through $14.5 million while they were in jail. Although I bet some of that money is sitting around waiting for them.

But wouldn't his father's assets be frozen, pending outcome of the trial? Or perhaps WM's money was all tied up in the company and therefor under DM's control.

I don't think he was charged with his father's murder until about a year after he was jailed in the TB case, so plenty of time to move money around, but WM's estate hadn't been settled by the time he was charged for his murder, so there should be some assets there.

Now that DM is a convicted serial killer, he will spend 23 hours a day in a prison cell alone. No interaction with other inmates. Interesting to read once again his letters sent to CN from jail. He's got lots of time for crying now and feeling sorry for himself. Chin up DM, it's home sweet home for you now so make the best of it. ;) MOO.

“I sat, hugging my knees, and began to cry. I wiped away the first tears with a forearm and the words tattooed there immediately jumped out. Here was text the doctor could not confiscate. ‘I am heaven sent, don’t you dare forget.’ “I had forgotten, and thanks to that tattoo, at the moment I needed reminding, I got it. I stopped crying and smiled. If the doctor had not been so cruel, I do not think I would be fairing so well now.”
Read Dellen Millard’s prison letters: ‘They treated me as though I were Hannibal Lecter’
dellen-millard-2.jpg

Court exhibit

I'm not sure if a girlfriend would have any legal standing, as she wasn't even engaged to him. However, if I recall correctly, Wayne's gf Janet was also his cousin (her adoptive father and Millard’s mother were siblings) so assuming there are no other relatives, perhaps she will inherit his assets, if DM is out of the picture.

I hope this is the case, as it would be another form of justice - DM kills his father for his inheritance, only to see it going to his fathers girlfriend, instead of him.
That is kind of hilarious. The girlfriend becoming closer to WM, and intimate with him, may have been a precipitating factor in the timing of DM killing his dad, just so that she *wouldn't* get any portion of what DM saw as entirely his own. To have that same person end up with his estate because of her familial connection would be poetic justice.

Last edited:
"I am satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that Dellen Millard killed his father by shooting him in the left eye as he slept," the judge says."

I am so pleased that Wayne has justice.:):):)
I went from post, to post feeling very nervous, as have known 'sometimes' we are surprised with the results.
I can't believe, a son killing his father, after all Wayne provided for DM for years.
Now, will carefully read your wonderful posts, after I have a coffee, take my dog for a walk, and think about 'life'. I need a break.
I am so affected about this great, wonderful result, shaking, crying.
Thankyou.:):)
Thanks to all who contributed here, FOR YEARS.
As I read back, I hope we hear from Wayne's recent 'girlfriend'.
I wish to see DM's face, after the GUILY was read out.
Now I guess Appeals.:(
Hope all DM's money, and that 'given' to his mother, goes to the past victims, the civil cases etc.
Hope these two, plus the 'helpers' in these horrid acts get their justice, their rewards, for being creeps.:D:D:D
Karma is here, and chasing all.:):):):):):):)
Sorry, about 'being all over the place', but so pleased with this wonderful result.
Will enjoy, reading all your posts, after my little break, walking outside.
Imagine being a relative, going through a murder case, as others have where DM has been responsible.
It is frightening: the emotions are overwhelming.
I am a wreck, just following on Websleuths.

Laura Babcock's father spoke to the media and reminded everyone of CN's gross "to my sweet serial killer" salutation. He also called out everyone who suspected what DM/MS had done and didn't come forward.

It has been one hell of a journey through the 3 trials. I have learned a lot about trusting my own judgment.
The first trial I believed it was proven M1 but many in some groups I was on argued no way was it M1. I was new to following any crime cases so I doubted my view.
In the trial for father, many of us did not believe it would be a guilty verdict. The judge seemed to be more on the side of the defense.
Many months ago someone said if it was suicide how did Wayne get DM's gun.?
That is when I knew that it was not suicide, because at no time did DM say he gave his father the gun or that the gun was missing.
When the judge said that the fact the gun belonged to DM and that he made up a false alibi that he had murdered his father.
In spite of all the doubts that crept into my mind at some points, there was never any explanation about the gun and how Wayne got DM s gun.
It is such a travesty that by the way it was quickly ruled a suicide allowed DM to go on killing.
The death of Tim Bosma could have been prevented if not such sloppy, reckless work of the police involved.
I am so relieved with the verdict today. It took many many years but Wayne finally received justice.
What really upsets me is that CN and the mother are not in prison. If CN is ever allowed to practice medicine in this country will be appalling.
I was really harsh on Marlena and after hearing today how even though she was considered not a credible witness that her testimony that was backed up with evidence helped get the monster convicted and so I feel there is some glimmer of hope for her.

I don't know if that was her intent but I think the result was the same!

"Dellen Millard set up a false alibi," the judge says. "He lied to the police when he told them that he stayed at Mark Smich's house." Millard is staring at the judge now, with his mouth hanging open.
by Adam Carter 11:45 AM
Yes I do now think that she wanted DM to believe he was not going to be found guilty. I like that she played him, that may have been her own way to give it to him...

Millard is now crying in the witness box.

Not the s**t-eating grin he expected to be boasting!!!!

Gee I wonder why. Didn't cry for Tim or Laura. Could it be he is crying for the money/assets?? (rhetorical question)

I think he is crying because it's all over. His field trip passes to court are done and he lost everything and the charisma and perception of his own intellect were not enough to fool anyone. He is done.

More than likely he's just realized that he will die in prison. At fifty years, there was still a chance to be free if he lived long enough. Now, thats all but gone.

I was thinking this verdict upset his plan to be able to claim that the other two murders for which he *was* convicted, were purely the fault of MS, and gloat that he was acquitted when the charges included only himself.

I have to admit I am surprised, albeit very pleasantly surprised, at this verdict, I thought the judge would find him not guilty. DM was very fortunate to have his trial by judge alone, exempting any of the inherent emotion in jurors, and any possible inability on the parts of the jurors to not allow DM's other recent high-profile murder convictions prejudice them. The police, imho, seem to have botched the investigation of this murder to such an extent that it was non-existent, and in the event the judge had found DM not-guilty, the blame would lay squarely on their shoulders.

If only they had done a full effort on this (and every death where the ME believes it is 30-40% suspicious of other than how it appears). So many factors stood out in this case which should have at least invited an honest attempt at a thorough investigation in fairness to the victim. It's hard for me to fathom that DM would have indeed gotten away with this scot free, had he not gone on to murder yet another. But it wasn't enough to just inherit his family's fortune, he had to get that truck too, without paying for it. I don't like to criticize police because most are the good-guys and they protect us and I'm sure they're overworked and short-staffed and under-paid for the risks they take, especially in these days, but surely they can do better, at least in Toronto.

Laura Babcock's father spoke to the media and reminded everyone of CN's gross "to my sweet serial killer" salutation. He also called out everyone who suspected what DM/MS had done and didn't come forward.

Sorry for quoting my own post but I want to highlight Mr. Babcock's powerful words:

No one in civilized society should ever have to face Dellen Millard or - although he was not directly involved in this murder - Mark Smich again. We believe that everyone knew that he was guilty of more than two murders when it was revealed in Laura's trial that in a letter to Dellen Millard, Christina Noudga lovingly stated "my sweet serial killer". We feel sorry for Millard, Smich and Noudga's families for they'll have to live with the shame and disgust for what their children have done, or incited. For all of you who knew, or suspected, what Millard and Smich had done to Laura and did not come forward earlier, we again say shame on you. Your inactions have indirectly led to two additional murders. For those of you who came forward and did the right thing, we wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

I hope the Babcocks, Bosmas and (innocent) Millards all sleep a little easier tonight.

Thanks everybody for the tweets and links! I can hardly believe that I totally forgot to follow the news today:(

The Judge has spoken and Justice for Wayne!

I recall at the beginning of this trial it being mentioned in the media that a conviction in this case will serve as insurance so that DM will spend his remaining life in jail. That insurance is necessary due to the remote possibility an appeal is upheld on the other two convictions resulting in a reduced sentence. So for that very reason I think it’s highly appropriate it’s the conviction of the murder of his own father that effectively locks the door and throws away the key.

I am so pleased that Wayne has justice.:):):)
I went from post, to post feeling very nervous, as have known 'sometimes' we are surprised with the results.
I can't believe, a son killing his father, after all Wayne provided for DM for years.
Now, will carefully read your wonderful posts, after I have a coffee, take my dog for a walk, and think about 'life'. I need a break.
I am so affected about this great, wonderful result, shaking, crying.
Thankyou.:):)
Thanks to all who contributed here, FOR YEARS.
As I read back, I hope we hear from Wayne's recent 'girlfriend'.
I wish to see DM's face, after the GUILY was read out.
Now I guess Appeals.:(
Hope all DM's money, and that 'given' to his mother, goes to the past victims, the civil cases etc.
Hope these two, plus the 'helpers' in these horrid acts get their justice, their rewards, for being creeps.:D:D:D
Karma is here, and chasing all.:):):):):):):)
Sorry, about 'being all over the place', but so pleased with this wonderful result.
Will enjoy, reading all your posts, after my little break, walking outside.
Imagine being a relative, going through a murder case, as others have where DM has been responsible.
It is frightening: the emotions are overwhelming.
I am a wreck, just following on Websleuths.

Dear tmar,

Well said!

There is such tremendous relief felt by so many people at this verdict.

Now that DM is a convicted serial killer, he will spend 23 hours a day in a prison cell alone. No interaction with other inmates. Interesting to read once again his letters sent to CN from jail. He's got lots of time for crying now and feeling sorry for himself. Chin up DM, it's home sweet home for you now so make the best of it. ;) MOO.

“I sat, hugging my knees, and began to cry. I wiped away the first tears with a forearm and the words tattooed there immediately jumped out. Here was text the doctor could not confiscate. ‘I am heaven sent, don’t you dare forget.’ “I had forgotten, and thanks to that tattoo, at the moment I needed reminding, I got it. I stopped crying and smiled. If the doctor had not been so cruel, I do not think I would be fairing so well now.”
Read Dellen Millard’s prison letters: ‘They treated me as though I were Hannibal Lecter’
dellen-millard-2.jpg

Court exhibit

I’m not sure 23 hours a day isolation is in his future but regardless, he’s still locked up and off the streets, no doubt saving the lives of countless others who he would’ve crossed paths with in the future.

Canada’s solitary-confinement laws are unconstitutional, Ontario judge rules

Less chatter here today than I expected, but so happy to share in this moment with you all.

I thought of everyone -- faithful WS members, the affected families and friends, lives that've been consumed with this whole ordeal -- as the tweets came in.

I wasn't a WS member until Laura's trial, but I followed Tim's so very closely and was wholly appreciative that you veterans welcomed me onto your forums for discussion. I'm still wholly appreciative. Thank you.

I find it interesting that CN has not updated her Instagram in 3 days; surely I thought she'd have some obnoxious artsy-veiled pictoral comment but alas, not yet.

A few weeks ago I drove by, pulled over and took pause out front of the Bosma's old house and it was chilling. I can't put into words the feeling of devastation I felt inside knowing the horror that ensued after he left that driveway with those horrible people. But it was a moment of pause to send out to the universe that we were still here for the good people; believing in justice and welcoming any form of comfort and understanding that those affected can draw from to guide them (us?) through their grief and healing.

In spite of the circumstances, it has been an absolute pleasure discussing, debating, debunking and learning from you all.

Respectfully, with love and thanks.
Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members