Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking of Hailey. Thanks for everyone posting updates as they are found. Will do the same if I find anything.

This is sort of off topic but related in a way. Yesterday, Charles Capone was charged with the 1st degree murder of Rachael Anderson. She went missing April 16, 2010. Capone is her husband, and was a suspect from the get-go. Washington State LE was very close-mouthed throughout the case. We often wondered if they were doing anything at all in terms of investigating, what the hang-up with the lab results was, etc. The charging documents were released yesterday and chock full of information, some we had speculated on and other things we had no knowledge of. Capone has not revealed the location of Rachael's body, but they are going to trial anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to convey is, LE likely has much more evidence than we think.

Oh dear the headline at ktxs 12 site "FBI, other law enforcement remain mum about status of Hailey Dunn's death probe" So we still have to wait for any conclusions or arrest/s sounds like :(:maddening:

If I was a homicide investigator, and SA was my prime suspect, I would be bonding closely with Billie right now, since they broke up.

trust is very important when trying to establish rapport with anyone. I hope and pray with all my heart that Billie trusts the FBI. It will be very helpful in their investigation. MOO

According to interviews with Billie, it seems that since last October Billie has found that the FBI gives her answers and will listen to her.

I believe they are listening to her, because everyone has been told with all certainty that she is a grieving mother right now, and everywhere I've looked people are abiding by that. Except Seamus; he can't seem to stop himself.

Knox's posting of Billie's note on the Facebook page was so interesting in light of her trust.

Interviews with Billie Dunn in 2013:

Here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2012/02/13/websleuths-radio

and

Here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/missin...20/help-bring-hailey-darlene-dunn-safely-home

off the top of my head.

Prayers for Hailey.

Maybe the FBi is being quiet right now because so many are talking via social network and they are monitoring this. JMO

Maybe the FBi is being quiet right now because so many are talking via social network and they are monitoring this. JMO

I don't recall the FBI ever talking. Regardless, anything could be happening yet the general silence surrounding Hailey's case suggests to me that LE desires to go about their business which does not include the sheer fury generated by past circumstances of this case. I respect that. If my previous post is out of bounds, please delete it mods.

imo.

It's like the giant elephant in the room, we're all seeing it, but can't discuss it here. It's really quite the circus out there in Facebook land. Poor Hailey, even now after she has been found, she's getting lost in all the drama
icon9.gif

It's like the giant elephant in the room, we're all seeing it, but can't discuss it here. It's really quite the circus out there in Facebook land. Poor Hailey, even now after she has been found, she's getting lost in all the drama
icon9.gif

I don't have a Facebook page (for real). So sorry to hear that is happening, continues to happen; so unbelievably tragic. Maybe the FBI is monitoring the webz - I hope they are, and I hope they find something on Hailey's behalf, for the Justice she deserves. imo

If there was ever a time to calm down and stop the histrionics, you'd think it would be now. :rose:

I don't like to think it's human nature that motivates people to disregard what's real and thrive on stirring the pot - yet I suppose it is part of all of us and is a choice, albeit imo a very negative one.

This is off topic - the prosecution closing arguments in the arias trial have me in kinda a deep thinking place. Might be time to go out and do a Schnauzer walk :)

Am I missing something? Why is the FBI involved beyond providing logistical support, such as analysis? shouldn't this be a county/state jurisdiction case?

Am I missing something? Why is the FBI involved beyond providing logistical support, such as analysis? shouldn't this be a county/state jurisdiction case?

Kidnapping/murder of a child? I am guessing if they are more involved than usual, it may be due to the lack of experience in such a case by local LE. But really, FBI joining cases or not is a mystery to me. Seems almost random at times.

The FBI often gets involved in missing persons cases, particularly when it's a child. Sometimes local LE requests their help, other times they offer their resources. In the Lindsey Baum case, the CARD Team offered invaluable help to a very small jurisdiction.

Child abductions by strangers are often complex and high-profile cases. And time is of the essence.

That’s why we’ve added another tool in our Crimes Against Children program that helps our local field offices in these cases: our Child Abduction Rapid Deployment, or CARD, teams.

Here’s the “who, what, when, and where” of these teams:
Who makes up a CARD team? FBI agents with in-depth experience and a proven track record in crimes against children investigations, especially cases where a child has been abducted by someone other than a family member. Once selected, team members go through extensive training. Each team has a designated leader. The teams work closely with behavioral analysts, National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime (NCAVC) coordinators, and Crimes Against Children coordinators

What do the CARD teams do? Relying on their expertise and experience, team members make sure the investigation moves quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly. They provide our field divisions running the investigations with on-site investigative, technical, and resource assistance during the initial critical period after a child is kidnapped.

When are the teams deployed? Soon after an abduction has been reported to a local FBI field office, to FBI Headquarters, or to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, or in other cases when the FBI determines an investigation is warranted.

Where are the teams located and where have they been deployed? We’ve created ten regional teams nationwide: two each in the northeast, southeast, north central, south central, and west. With the whole nation covered, we can send a team anywhere in the U.S. within hours.
In addition to their unique expertise, CARD teams can quickly establish an on-site command post to centralize investigative efforts and operations. Other assets they bring to the table include a new mapping tool to identify and locate registered sex offenders in the area, national and international lead coverage, and the Child Abduction Response Plan to guide investigative efforts.

Child Abductions—No Ransom
Our field offices respond to cases involving the mysterious disappearance of a child whenever and however they come to our attention. All reports of circumstances indicating that a minor has or possibly has been abducted are afforded an immediate preliminary inquiry.

In this initial inquiry, we evaluate all evidence, circumstances, and information to determine if an investigation is warranted under federal law. (For instance, it is a federal violation for a person to travel between states to engage in any sexual act with a person under 18.) If a case is warranted, we will immediately open an investigation in partnership with state and local authorities.

During 2010 alone, law enforcement entered 692,944 children as missing into the FBI’s National Crime Information Center database. Although the majority of these children were temporarily missing and not abducted, we are committed to assisting law enforcement in investigating cases where there is appropriate jurisdiction.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/vc_majorthefts/cac/non-family-abductions

They don't take the lead though, they assist the local LE, unless they are investigating a federal crime or one that spans state borders.

This is what I am talking about:

Efforts to reach Scurry County Sheriff Trey Wilson for comment have been unsuccessful. A representative of the Scurry County Sheriff’s Office suggested contacting the FBI for comment.

Why does a reporter have to go to a supporting agency for comment instead of the jurisdictional agency?

They don't take the lead though, they assist the local LE, unless they are investigating a federal crime or one that spans state borders.

This is what I am talking about:

Why does a reporter have to go to a supporting agency for comment instead of the jurisdictional agency?

Good question. Only thing I can think is there must be something else going on in this case. Maybe one of the Websleuth lawyer members can answer it.

Well, a few things come to mind ...

-A SCSO Official was merely brushing off the media inquiry (secretary answered the phone).
-There are aspects of this investigation, (child *advertiser censored* perhaps) which cross state lines.

Young told NewsWest 9 Hailey's remains are still being investigated, which is why they haven't been released to Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie. He also said regardless of what some may want to believe, Billie is just a mother, who will have to lay her child to rest, far too soon.

"We are not made privy or aware to how that investigation is proceeding," Young explained.

At this time, Dunn is not being questioned in the disappearance and death of her 13-year-old daughter who went missing from Colorado City more than two years ago.

"We have not been contacted by any law enforcement agency, other than to discuss the release of the remains," he said.

Billie has been informed of which law enforcement agency is rejoining the case.

"It's my understanding that the Texas Rangers and local law enforcement have asked, invited, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which we think is a good thing. The goal is to find out what happened to Hailey," he said.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/22147915/exclusive-billie-dunns-lawyer-speaks-to-newswest-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8