Hailey Dunn General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
per the Hope For Hailey FB. Here is a post from a moderator -

unless it is announced here, please don't buy into anything else. Hailey's Memorial is open to everyone wanting pay their last respects, with respect.

https://www.facebook.com/Hailey.Dunn.OfficialHopeForHailey?fref=ts

Ya know... LE loves an open memorial (if not funeral) because they canvass who shows up. IF BD's ex boyfriend wasn't involved in Hailey's disappearance, someone else was and that someone might very well show up at a public memorial.

Honestly I disagree with you. Given the circumstances it might be more difficult for Billie to deal with emotionally having all kinds of people there. Maybe there could be a separate one done for the public.

The thing is Hailey wasn't only Billies child. It shouldn't have solely been her and her fb decision. Another thing is it was Billie who said it would be public. Many many people have done a heck of a lot the past two years. They haven't just sat on the sofa as Clint claimed some did. And yes..there may well be one done for the public by the public ;)

Let me be sorry for not looking at that aspect, please. I have a tendency to look at people like Miss Connie and those who simply don't need to see the face of the Only Suspect in this case while they are attempting closure.

Perhaps I am a selfish and uninformed fool.

Actually my point was that LE could keep Shawn away if he went to the Memorial which I doubt. I understand people wouldn't want to see Shawn but In all honesty I don't think that Shawn is the only person that some don't want to see at that memorial.

I'm pretty sure it was a family decision not just Billie's alone. This is from the Hope For Haily FB page.

Actually no - Billie asked some of her "friends" that she has never met on a facebook page if they thought it should be private or public. The decision was based on that. Would be awesome if it was based on the family decision but that's not how it happened.

I read that as, the memorial service is open to anyone, and the funeral is private.

That was the case until yesterday yes. Basically there were some problems. Billie asked for flowers and a lot of people said they would prefer to donate to the scholarship that's being set up in memory of Hailey then this decision was made. Hopefully it will be reversed again.

That is exactly why I think he'd show up, along with others such as bothering Billie, to show he can if he wants, etc.
I do expect him to make an appearance. I think he'll try to blend in or stand off and watch but I do expect him to be there or near enough to see. We all know he's not the normal person.

MOO

I am hoping that LE will have arrested people they consider to be involved in what happened to Hailey before her memorial and funeral.

This is sort of off topic but related in a way. Yesterday, Charles Capone was charged with the 1st degree murder of Rachael Anderson. She went missing April 16, 2010. Capone is her husband, and was a suspect from the get-go. Washington State LE was very close-mouthed throughout the case. We often wondered if they were doing anything at all in terms of investigating, what the hang-up with the lab results was, etc. The charging documents were released yesterday and chock full of information, some we had speculated on and other things we had no knowledge of. Capone has not revealed the location of Rachael's body, but they are going to trial anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to convey is, LE likely has much more evidence than we think.

Agreed, actually LE has all the evidence. Although, they did release one text message...
Does anyone remember anything else that has been released?

It's great to see so many familiar names, from the early days of this case. But I am surprised not to see "amysmom" here. It's been a while since she's posted, but it seemed like she'd be back when the remains were ID'd as Hailey. Has anyone seen her online, or spoken with her? I'm a little concerned by her absence. TYVM

It's great to see so many familiar names, from the early days of this case. But I am surprised not to see "amysmom" here. It's been a while since she's posted, but it seemed like she'd be back when the remains were ID'd as Hailey. Has anyone seen her online, or spoken with her? I'm a little concerned by her absence. TYVM

In fact, she dropped out of touch last summer...we were very good friends and talked every day in messages. I have written to a mod to try to see if she can find her, just last week again in fact. Am really worried.

In fact, she dropped out of touch last summer...we were very good friends and talked every day in messages. I have written to a mod to try to see if she can find her, just last week again in fact. Am really worried.

I wonder what happened. Sorry that you're stuck in worry without an answer.

There's a lot of confidence in everyone's posts that Hailey will get Justice. I think so too.

Yes, Amysmom was a good friend of Tfro's & a good friend to me. I'll try to see if she's still around. I suggest anyone else to do the same. Pm's might get her to come out of lurkdum. Yoohoo Amysmom? xoxo

Yes, Amysmom was a good friend of Tfro's & a good friend to me. I'll try to see if she's still around. I suggest anyone else to do the same. Pm's might get her to come out of lurkdum. Yoohoo Amysmom? xoxo

Sorry for all this OT...but I have been trying for six months now. :(

This is sort of off topic but related in a way. Yesterday, Charles Capone was charged with the 1st degree murder of Rachael Anderson. She went missing April 16, 2010. Capone is her husband, and was a suspect from the get-go. Washington State LE was very close-mouthed throughout the case. We often wondered if they were doing anything at all in terms of investigating, what the hang-up with the lab results was, etc. The charging documents were released yesterday and chock full of information, some we had speculated on and other things we had no knowledge of. Capone has not revealed the location of Rachael's body, but they are going to trial anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to convey is, LE likely has much more evidence than we think.

How true always.

With a last name of Capone...yeah I'd be curious as heck. Actually, I already am. No offense Capaones', just need to read up on the history again.

Hey ya Knox! :seeya: <<that's hi there, glad to see ya'! not seeya btw lol

Well, it was obvious from the lack of substantial information in the initial affidavits and the absence of follow up warrants that they have little evidence in the case. They probably don't know much more other than she is dead and it was most likely a homicide. Finding HD's body is important since it eliminates possibilities, but I doubt they found much more in the way of evidence at the scene other than her bones.

The big problem they are going to face after all this time is that there isn't going to be any physical evidence left if it hasn't been found by now, and any witness evidence is going to be hopelessly contaminated after over two years of relatively intense local interest.

That is going to make the investigation an uphill struggle. Of course, they could allways go for a Hail Mary pass, charge SA and try to convict him on circumstantial stuff and emotion. I am not a big fan of that strategy, since IMO it produces a significant number of false convictions.

I think they will have a hard time establishing opportunity (or motive for that matter), plus there is the inconvenient problem in that they have a duty to prove beyond reasonable doubt while the defence only has to establish reasonable doubt.

I don't think establishing opportunity will be hard at all. It is pretty obvious to me that they will say it happened on Sunday night.

I wonder what happened. Sorry that you're stuck in worry without an answer.

There's a lot of confidence in everyone's posts that Hailey will get Justice. I think so too.

I am absolutely confident that she will:) Justice for Hailey.

I am absolutely confident that she will:) Justice for Hailey.

I am sooo glad that others are so confident that Hailey will get Justice. I waver and wane on this particular thought. I know without a shadow of doubt that LE wants Justice for Hailey. I just hope and pray that they have evidence that will bring that wish to fruition. I keep reminding myself that The Texas Rangers and the FBI are the best of the best and they are sitting on their evidence until the time is right.

Well, it was obvious from the lack of substantial information in the initial affidavits and the absence of follow up warrants that they have little evidence in the case.
Maybe LE got everything they needed during the first searches and follow up warrants were not necessary. If you do things right the first time, you don't have to go back and do them again.

They probably don't know much more other than she is dead and it was most likely a homicide. Finding HD's body is important since it eliminates possibilities, but I doubt they found much more in the way of evidence at the scene other than her bones.

It could go either way. There may have been a "stash" of evidence, clothing, coveralls, shoes, bed linens, a mask...who knows? Because LE isn't telling.

The big problem they are going to face after all this time is that there isn't going to be any physical evidence left if it hasn't been found by now, and any witness evidence is going to be hopelessly contaminated after over two years of relatively intense local interest.

I don't know that the initial witness evidence, while it was still fresh, was all that credible when it was only a few days old. Who knows what turned up in the county landfills, that has been preserved for evidence?

That is going to make the investigation an uphill struggle. Of course, they could allways go for a Hail Mary pass, charge SA and try to convict him on circumstantial stuff and emotion. I am not a big fan of that strategy, since IMO it produces a significant number of false convictions.

I think they will have a hard time establishing opportunity (or motive for that matter), plus there is the inconvenient problem in that they have a duty to prove beyond reasonable doubt while the defence only has to establish reasonable doubt.

Red by me.

Beyond a reasonable doubt.....does not mean no doubt at all but a reasonable one.

How true always.

With a last name of Capone...yeah I'd be curious as heck. Actually, I already am. No offense Capaones', just need to read up on the history again.

Hey ya Knox! :seeya: <<that's hi there, glad to see ya'! not seeya btw lol

I love to see your friendly Hi Ya's DK
icon7.gif

I think we all need to be patient. It is nerve wracking, all this waiting.

Last night I caught up on Shaniya's thread. One of the things forensic's found was soil in MAM's car. It was the SAME soil at the location her body was found!!

Hold fast to your faith friends, Justice is Coming for Hailey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper