Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hailey has been popping into my mind for the last few days. Just thought I would come see what was happening. So hoping for an arrest in this new year.

Bumping for you Hailey. There are still a lot of people out there praying for you and for justice to come. RIP sweet girl.

I think of Hailey often as she & my daughter are just a few months apart in age. My daughter got her driver's license in 2013. Hailey would of gotten hers as well. Can't you see that smiling face on a driver's license photo? I pray another anniversary doesn't come around without someone(s) being in jail for her murder.

Help the police find who did this to you, Hailey.

Thank you everyone who continues to pray for Hailey and follow this case. I am glad to see there are other people like me who really have a problem with the fact no one has been arrested for what he/she did to Hailey. I pray with all my might that this crime against Hailey does not go unpunished. That would be an absolute disgrace...Here's to justice for Hailey in the year 2014.

Thinking of you tonight Hailey, and still waiting for ANY sort of justice.

I think about this girl all the time.....waiting impatiently for an arrest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look back on what we were discussing THREE long years ago guys ...
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127194"]TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Still waiting Hailey ♥

Why are we still waiting on toxicology? If it's been released I certainly missed it.

I'm not sure how much value toxicology will have in this case.
icon9.gif

Forensic toxicologists typically work with body fluids such as blood or urine, as well as visceral tissues such as liver. Very little work has been done to properly understand the utility of drug concentrations in bone tissue in a toxicologic examination. Literature reports suggest that detection of selected drugs in bone tissues is possible, but challenging work remains to determine the implications of bone tissue drug concentration measurements with respect to time lines of drug ingestion and deposition into bone, tissue sampling and sensitivity requirements, and environmental effects on measurements and their interpretation.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17047795

icon9.gif

No toxicology, no nothing! I bet there was something at her house if they had checked sooner. Sooooo sad. No justice at all.

No toxicology, no nothing! I bet there was something at her house if they had checked sooner. Sooooo sad. No justice at all.

That sofa that sat out in the back of the truck for instance Kirby?

the couch, the painted walls, shawn's car.

icon9.gif

There probably will not be any. After all that time lieing out in the open, and after animal predation, I doubt there was much left.

the couch, the painted walls, shawn's car.

They did look at the car with a warrant, and apparently found nothing of particular interest.

They also examined the house during consensual searches and found nothing to suggest foul play.

They did look at the car with a warrant, and apparently found nothing of particular interest.

They also examined the house during consensual searches and found nothing to suggest foul play.

They looked at Billie's car, not Shawn's truck to my knowledge.

Unless the Police COMPLETELY lost the plot...I DO believe that an arrest will still be made!!!

COME ON!!! PRESSURE ON LE FOR THIS LITTLE GIRL!!!!

Did he have a truck at that point?

If he was their POI why would they search her car and not his? That does not make sense, especially since only one of them was driving at that time and presumably that meant there was only one vehicle.

I have been giving this some thought, to try and figure out why LE was behaving the way it was in the face of what they were saying publically.

Most of what we know about the case is information from the affidavits written up around January 7th. At that time they were gunning for SA. One of those warrants was for the phone records for the cell phone that was left at the Dunn residence on the day HD disappeared. My guess is when they got those records, they showed that HD was there that day, and, combined with witnesses backing up SA's account of where he was that day, they no longer had probable cause to do any further warrants directed at SA.

The lack of any further HD related warrants directed at SA, or places associated with him, implies that the investigation as it stood on the 7th turned out to be a dead end. Otherwise they would have executed additional warrants.

The only wiggle room they could still exploit in terms of probable cause was the child *advertiser censored* theory, as far fetched as that was. The later warrants executed at the GM's house and on SA's person were fishing expeditions in the hope that they might find something else in the process. After the warrant on the GM's house they did not find anything and that angle fizzled as well.

I think that would explain why no further warrants were executed even though they were naming him as a POI. They had a hunch he could be involved, but after the 7th they had no evidence and his account of the day largely checked out on further investigation. That left them with nothing other than a fixation on him as the POI.

I think it is entirely possible that they were looking at the wrong people/places entirely in the investigation, and developed tunnel vision that resulted in them missing what really happened. If that is true, then after all this time whoever is responsible for what happened to HD is probably going to get away with it. So what really happened, and what was HD doing that day?

2 statements from Nancy Grace transcripts:

Jan 13 BILLIE DUNN: The investigators took her sheet off. I`d asked them to use the sheet for the dogs to get the scent, but I think they kept it.

Date unknown: DUNN: I just know when they came in and searched the house, they took a few things, which they`re more than welcome to take any and everything they need. I didn`t notice the sheet was missing for a couple of days. I did tell them to take it for the hounds, but, yes, they kept it and they can keep it, get anything they need.

How can one ask them to "use it for the hounds" if one didn't even know they were missing?

Why would one choose bedsheets for the hounds. Anyone could have been sitting on that bed, especially in a small room with no other seating. Why not something more personal like a nightshirt, socks or hoodie.

I couldn't find that in the link. However, that was around the time that he was living at his mother's house. I doubt you can get around much in rural Texas without a car, so he might well have been using someone else's vehicle at the time. Which, btw, is one of the reasons why I found the GM's account of what happened across the road that day odd.

I couldn't find that in the link. However, that was around the time that he was living at his mother's house. I doubt you can get around much in rural Texas without a car, so he might well have been using someone else's vehicle at the time. Which, btw, is one of the reasons why I found the GM's account of what happened across the road that day odd.
Huh? I found 3 references to truck in that link.
Please clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members