Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do distinctly recall some mention of no CP in Scurry nor Mitchell, but ongoing in Howard....and I think Tugela recalls this too?? And I am think it was Det. Alexander made the statement, rings a bell.... And there was something about not knowing who used said computer....and investigation stalled. Or was that something the DA's office said...hmmmm, will see if I have it stashed, will dig....
( which at the time I thought was a lamea z z excuse personally....what? strangers come in your house & download *advertiser censored*??)

yes Stacie- JUSTICE ...period ...what ever or who ever it takes

not finding what I thought I recalled....yet it was said back then that the child *advertiser censored* issue was with Howard County and not certain if an 'official' statement ever came out as to the final verdict there

....but, now, on this link below, from March 19 2014, that is the last thing I can find mentioning Trey Wilson statement...the first newspaper article on the link Scurry County SHERIFF TREY WILSON - Investigation continues but this is referencing the investigation re the remains....
http://www.justiceforhaileydunn.com/media.html

Thank you all! I know it was stated that Howard County had an ongoing investigation, but Sheriff Stan Parker of HC said there has never been any CP in HC connected to Hailey's case, re:The Adkins home.

The officer is K. Alexander-Rivera. She and I spoke about it and she did say Mitchell Cty Sheriff's dpt ran with some untruths.

Thank you all so much! I can't tell you what it means to see you all haven't given up on our sweet girl.

We were hoping ABC 20/20 would be doing a story on Hailey, but it looks as though they will not now. They contacted us and it looked very promising, but they want us to give them the same answers we are all waiting for. When will and arrest be made? When will Hailey finally be laid to rest? We do not have this info either, sadly.

As far as the grifter Peter Hyatt and his "analysis", he is a con man�� No thank you lol
Thank you again!

Thank you all! I know it was stated that Howard County had an ongoing investigation, but Sheriff Stan Parker of HC said there has never been any CP in HC connected to Hailey's case, re:The Adkins home.

The officer is K. Alexander-Rivera. She and I spoke about it and she did say Mitchell Cty Sheriff's dpt ran with some untruths.

Thank you all so much! I can't tell you what it means to see you all haven't given up on our sweet girl.

We were hoping ABC 20/20 would be doing a story on Hailey, but it looks as though they will not now. They contacted us and it looked very promising, but they want us to give them the same answers we are all waiting for. When will and arrest be made? When will Hailey finally be laid to rest? We do not have this info either, sadly.

As far as the grifter Peter Hyatt and his "analysis", he is a con man�� No thank you lol
Thank you again!

I was certainly not endorsing him - just that he wholesale copy/pastes content from other sites so stuff may remain on his blog when it disappears from elsewhere. The content "borrowing" is the least of it, but perhaps useful in this search.

I will never forget Haley. I pray for her a lot and that she gets justice on earth. I will always believe that it was Adkins and that Billy had knowledge of it. It's a very sad sad situation.

What are you talking about? HD's body was found at a remote lake, no where near SA's mothers house.

There isn't anything pointing at him, or BD for that matter. Both his movements and BD's are known, and HD was placed in CC at a time when neither of them were there. Many people don't like that, because it doesn't fit their conventional wisdom of what could have happened, but there it is. So it isn't them, which means that it is someone else. Possible a random person, but more likely someone known to her.

There has never been anything said on when she was placed out there.

We do not know where, when, how, or what time she died.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tugela
What are you talking about? HD's body was found at a remote lake, no where near SA's mothers house.

There isn't anything pointing at him, or BD for that matter. Both his movements and BD's are known, and HD was placed in CC at a time when neither of them were there. Many people don't like that, because it doesn't fit their conventional wisdom of what could have happened, but there it is. So it isn't them, which means that it is someone else. Possible a random person, but more likely someone known to her.

The body was found about 20 miles northwest of the girl's hometown of Colorado City. The girl had been the subject of months of intensive searches in and around Colorado City and surrounding fields and landfills after her mother reported her missing on Dec. 28, 2010. More than 100 billboards featuring her picture and information about the case were set up along interstates in Texas and other states.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/hailey-dunns-remains-foun_n_3166313.html

Authorities had named Adkins as a person of interest in the girl's disappearance, but he has not been charged. Authorities later accused the girl's mother of lying about the whereabouts of Adkins, who was found at her home. Billie Dunn pleaded no contest in June 2011 to making a false report to law enforcement and received a suspended 90-day jail term with probation.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/26/hailey-dunns-remains-foun_n_3166313.html

Drove past Colorado City this past weekend and thought about Hailey. RIP pretty girl and praying for justice for you here on Earth.

The house in CC was destroyed this week also,

There is no reason for BD to cover up for a boyfriend if he killed her daughter. Suggesting something like that is getting way out there IMO.

There is no reason for him to turn in the overalls if they were contaminated with evidence. It would have been much more likely that they would have been destroyed somewhere if that were the case.

The separate trips would have required that the friend be asked for a lift well prior to them actually leaving, so BD wasn't "waiting" for anyone. It is reasonable to think that SA had been called in early (perhaps this was the final straw that led him to just say to hell with it and quit), and BD called a friend to ask for a lift to work. The call would have had to be made some time prior to departure so that both of them could be sure of getting to work, and there must be phone records to back that up.

SA went to his GM's house. The "pings" between 6:35 and 6:56 would have been phone calls he made when he got there and found no one there. That is around the time BD would have been passing by, which explains why she did not see him. My guess is that the phone calls would have been to residents of the house, initially, then probably to his mothers house as he adjusted his plans to go there instead.

The amount of time is less than 2.5 hours, because the "pings" are actual phone calls. There would have to be time after and before the two sets, plus there would have to be time to load the body without being seen, drive out to the lake, dispose of the body some distance away, then drive to Big Spring. So that does not actually leave that much time.

Also, there were very likely people at the mothers house, and he probably has witnesses verifying that he was there earlier than the first phone call there. We don't have any information on that, but my guess is that is a big reason why the investigation petered out - they ended up with a situation where SA's movements were unambiguous and corroborated. Once that happened then they could not in good faith get additional warrants citing that as probable cause.

BD didn't get the cell phone from HD because it was the house phone. It would still have been in the house after HD left, so nothing odd about that. BD called DD from work the next day. If it was the house phone then it must still have been in the house for DD to answer it, so obviously she did not take it with her that day and used her phone at work to call DD to tell HD to come home. Incidentally, she could not phone CD because he supposedly did not have a phone and therefore she had to send DD over to see if HD was there. BUT, in the account coming from the other side (the paternal GM IIRC), CD had called his mother to take the girlfriend shopping that afternoon (which leaves CD's activities uncorroborated during the period HD supposedly went missing) since he didn't have a car (don't buy that). So he DID have a phone. That implies that the level of communication between BD and CD was probably less than cordial. Either that, or one or both are lying.

You might also ask why she didn't call MB's mother to ask as well. Obviously there was some sort of drama going on if HD had taken off to overnight with MB apparently without BD's knowledge, and she did nothing about it that night, but the following morning she was concerned enough to call DD to go fetch HD. That tells me two things: (A) BD and MB's mother were not even close to being on talking terms, something that has been clearly evident subsequently due to the passive-aggressive hostility the two showed towards each other when talking about it in interviews.; and (B) there was something going on with HD that the family were very concerned about. If there was not, BD would not have suddenly got a bee in her bonnet about HD when she got to work the next day.

She may well have called SA to take her home, and discovered then that he was in fact in Big Spring.

If I were the investigators I would pull the phone records for all of the following phones:

SA's phone (obviously they have done that)
BD's cell phone (they had a warrant to do that, but we have not heard any results stemming from that)
BD's work phone
SA's work phone (such as it might be)
CD's phone (and any other phone in the household)
Any phone DD and/or his friend reasonably had access to during the afternoon through to the morning
Any phone MB had access to, particularly any cell phone
Any facebook accounts or other social media any of the above had access to

The main thing to look at would be to see who these people called or were called by, in order to build a general framework of what these individuals were doing and where they were doing it during the period extending from the day before HD disappeared to the day after, so a 72 hour window.

I would also be curious as to the reasons why SA believed that HD was in Scurry county, and why CD believed that she was in various towns to the south. When the dogs tracked to the hotel, CD wanted to view the surveillance tapes, and the only reason IMO for doing that he expected to see a known face among that footage. My interpretation is that both of these guys thought that she was with someone but wouldn't say who. Remember, CD was pretty ambivalent about SA being accused, which is hard to imagine if he seriously thought SA harmed a daughter he was apparently so committed about. So IMO that means that CD knows that SA isn't the guilty one.

I'm telling you, there is something else going on here.

You have done your homework! Lots of information here…Unfortunately, no one with the responsibility to investigate appears to be doing so.
This cold case should never have gone cold. It's a reflection of negligent police work and nepotism (in the sense that all of these people seem to somehow be related to one another/or know each other)…Just one big old cover up. And a young, beautiful girl died - with not a shred of justice for her killer.

moo

I sure wish le would make a move in this case. Poor sweet Hailey, you just never had a chance baby girl.

What ever happened to the Texas Rangers who worked this case"

What ever happened to the Texas Rangers who worked this case"

Who knows? It's hard to believe that Hailey's remains still haven't been released. Wonder what Billie and Shawn are up to all these years later?

Who knows? It's hard to believe that Hailey's remains still haven't been released. Wonder what Billie and Shawn are up to all these years later?

Crazy that there really has not been anything , like the case died when really it should have had more evidence pointing towards a suspect after her remains where found. Maybe a large reward for information would help get tips ,like maybe someone who didnt know something then has heard something and doesn't think it important or doesn't have the motivation to come forward but could be encouraged with money.

I guess we need to keep hope alive Soulmagent, despite the seeming hopelessness of it all. Justice for Hailey will come one day.

I guess we need to keep hope alive Soulmagent, despite the seeming hopelessness of it all. Justice for Hailey will come one day.

It may be Judgement Day, but that's OK! The person or persons who caused harm to Hailey know what happened and I bet some people don't sleep well anymore. :maddening:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper