Hailey Dunn: General Discussion thread #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a mother, I would want to put my baby girl to eternal rest. I would beg, plead and cry to the news every day.
It just never was a normal case. JMOO

With drug abuse comes apathy and a numbness to what's important ... poor Hailey's fate was sealed when her parents maintained a lifestyle more suited to a different phase of life.

How the police stuffed this one up is beyond me.

We've all been on the same page since day one. Thinking about the actions of "some people" makes me want to vomit. It was never, ever, about Hailey.

We've all been on the same page since day one. Thinking about the actions of "some people" makes me want to vomit. It was never, ever, about Hailey.

I dont think everyone has the same idea's in the case. One thing I have always felt about Hailey's case was that the first responding LE personal was doing a very poor job investigating this case. I feel terrible every time I think about this case and no ones gut feelings make me feel any better about it .One reason is if SA really is the murderer it is horrible to think he is getting away with it,and if he isnt the murderer then someone else is getting away with it and even cleaner the SA is.. either way it is an awful thought.

And why did LE not respond well? Criminals (drug users included) want to lie to the police, evade and sneek around so they don't get caught........that is until something happens to them and then they want LE to trust them and believe every word they utter. Poor Hailey was caught in the middle and unfortunately, how does the saying go? The sins of the Father fall on the son. I feel in this case, the sins of the Mother fell on the daughter and poor Hailey paid the price.

Did Billie love her daughter? I feel she truly did love Hailey, she just loved SA and her drugs more and her judgement was clouded.

I so wish someone would light a fire under this case....:jail:

I dont think everyone has the same idea's in the case. One thing I have always felt about Hailey's case was that the first responding LE personal was doing a very poor job investigating this case. I feel terrible every time I think about this case and no ones gut feelings make me feel any better about it .One reason is if SA really is the murderer it is horrible to think he is getting away with it,and if he isnt the murderer then someone else is getting away with it and even cleaner the SA is.. either way it is an awful thought.

Hailey's home life wasn't a good situation. The adults in her life were in it's all about me mode. Maybe you're not on that page, forgive me for casting such a broad net.

The suspect pool was practically a raindrop. Local law enforcement, may not have been great, but the FBI and the Texas Rangers haven't been able to make any progress either. I would like to see some sort of acknowledgement from ANY agency that tells us this case in still being worked on. So stinking frustrating!!!!

Hailey's home life wasn't a good situation. The adults in her life were in it's all about me mode. Maybe you're not on that page, forgive me for casting such a broad net.

The suspect pool was practically a raindrop. Local law enforcement, may not have been great, but the FBI and the Texas Rangers haven't been able to make any progress either. I would like to see some sort of acknowledgement from ANY agency that tells us this case in still being worked on. So stinking frustrating!!!!

I know Hailey's home life was a mess . I am on that page. . The plot changes for me when the FBI and Texas Rangers are not able to get the job done . To me the indicates there is a problem with the direction of the investigation. I think CCity had a lot to do with the direction the FBI and Texas Rangers went with the case and I do not think CCity had any thoughts on the case other than the one they put out there and it seems after all this time , if they were correct they should have been able to nail two people who were everything people think them to be ,selfish drug addicts ,and in Billy's case people claim her to be stupid, and or naive .Yet all this time she has avoided getting murder charges in her daughters murder. Not even a weak murder case has been afforded to them and this is Texas.

I just dont understand it .. we have gone over the same theory for years and nothing..Something real happened to Hailey in a certain time frame . I am sorry if you think I am being anything other than honest ,but I think it is time we look past SA and BD, They may be the shittiest people on the planet but HD deserves progress. No one is getting anywhere with BD/SA, If drugs ruled their brains ,how did they get away with this long? It does not add up.

I know Hailey's home life was a mess . I am on that page. . The plot changes for me when the FBI and Texas Rangers are not able to get the job done . To me the indicates there is a problem with the direction of the investigation. I think CCity had a lot to do with the direction the FBI and Texas Rangers went with the case and I do not think CCity had any thoughts on the case other than the one they put out there and it seems after all this time , if they were correct they should have been able to nail two people who were everything people think them to be ,selfish drug addicts ,and in Billy's case people claim her to be stupid, and or naive .Yet all this time she has avoided getting murder charges in her daughters murder. Not even a weak murder case has been afforded to them and this is Texas.

I just dont understand it .. we have gone over the same theory for years and nothing..Something real happened to Hailey in a certain time frame . I am sorry if you think I am being anything other than honest ,but I think it is time we look past SA and BD, They may be the shittiest people on the planet but HD deserves progress. No one is getting anywhere with BD/SA, If drugs ruled their brains ,how did they get away with this long? It does not add up.
I'm willing to look at any viable suspect list. But nothing had been made available. I think you are trying to say that local le botched the case by zeroing in on Shawn and Billie. Now you think the FBI and TR cant go off script and pursue other avenues of investigation?

I don't buy that. The other two agencies can look at this case from the beginning. Start fresh. The question is are they willing? Haileys remains cant stay wherever they are forever, that's insane. I guess this is what happens when the pressure is off to solve a case. Everybody goes away quietly. Who is advocating for Hailey?

Can anyone think of a way we can get this case moving again? Not just a phone call and were told its an open investigation, end of story. Other forums I'm reading on, case files were obtained. People are collectively sleuthing. If we found a good Local investigative reporter to work with?

Naive thinking?

I'm willing to look at any viable suspect list. But nothing had been made available. I think you are trying to say that local le botched the case by zeroing in on Shawn and Billie. Now you think the FBI and TR cant go off script and pursue other avenues of investigation?

I don't buy that. The other two agencies can look at this case from the beginning. Start fresh. The question is are they willing? Haileys remains cant stay wherever they are forever, that's insane. I guess this is what happens when the pressure is off to solve a case. Everybody goes away quietly. Who is advocating for Hailey?

Can anyone think of a way we can get this case moving again? Not just a phone call and were told its an open investigation, end of story. Other forums I'm reading on, case files were obtained. People are collectively sleuthing. If we found a good Local investigative reporter to work with?

Naive thinking?

I do think local LE botched the case . (refer back to the 911 call billy made before HD went missing for reference to prejudice)
As far as saying the other agencies and what they pursue I cant comment on . I read some very informative articles that had me hopeful Suddenly Hailey's case seems to have been dropped.. I am sure someone in local and state politics would be able to give us clues as to why That does not change my opinion that if BD or/and SA had anything to do with Hailey's death they would have been charged already. The FBI was there very early in this investigation despite the belief they did not come until later. I do not think those two are smarter than the FBI. I

News Release

December 16, 2015 DPS Seeks Leads in Unsolved Murder of West Texas Teen

Hailey Dunn

AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) and the Texas Ranger Unsolved Crimes Investigation Team are asking for the public’s help in solving the murder of Hailey Dunn, 13, of Colorado City. As part of a public awareness program launched recently, DPS is featuring one unsolved case each month in an effort to generate new investigative leads and bring added attention to unresolved or “cold cases” across the state.

On Dec. 27, 2010, Hailey left her mother’s house to go to a friend’s house, but never arrived and was reported missing. Despite searches by law enforcement and the community, she was not immediately found. On March 16, 2013, Hailey’s body was discovered near Lake J. B. Thomas in Scurry County.

At the time of her disappearance, Hailey was an eighth-grade student at Colorado City Middle School in Mitchell County and was active in cheerleading, sports and band.

Anyone with information about this unsolved case can also submit a tip thru the Texas Rangers’ Cold Case website or contact the Missing Persons Clearinghouse at 1-800-346-3243.
http://dps.texas.gov/director_staff/media_and_communications/pr/2015/1216a

Tips can be submitted anonymously at the link below.

attachment.php

http://dps.texas.gov/TexasRangers/UnsolvedHomicides/tipForm.aspx?ref=153

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-08-11 11.57.34.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-08-11 11.57.34.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 232

Naive thinking?

I don't think it is naive to expect someone to look into and report about Hailey. I just think there is no such thing as investigative reporting anymore. I wish I knew someone with clout who cared.

I don't think it is naive to expect someone to look into and report about Hailey. I just think there is no such thing as investigative reporting anymore. I wish I knew someone with clout who cared.

We could contact one of the new podcasts.

Just Around the Corner: Hope for a cold case to be solved, it's never too late

By Celinda Hawkins

Managing editor
Posted Aug. 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM

As another school year begins, I can't help but think of Hailey Dunn, the Colorado City teen, who was murdered almost six years ago. Because for years after her disappearance and even after her remains were found, I always remembered her in a column at the beginning of the school year.

http://www.wintersenterprise.com/article/20160825/OPINION/160829609

But the problem was that they didn't actually have any real evidence against their suspect, they just assumed he was the one.

The almost immediate lack of progress was a pretty strong indicator that his alibi stood up on further investigation. Otherwise we would have seen more search warrants and specifically ones executed on the house itself. That did not happen, which tells me that that they really had nothing. After that the sheriff refused to consider anything else IMO. But other agencies that were assisting but did not have jurisdiction saw the case quite differently from him. It became a matter of pride at that point, which effectively shut down any real investigation.

I do have a suspect (two potential ones, actually), but they are not the people everyone else here thinks they are.

Naive thinking?

The problem is that other agencies only got jurisdiction over the case when her remains were found, and by then so much time had passed and the potential evidence so contaminated that the possibility of making any progress was remote. Realistically there is little hope of any resolution of the case short of a confession at this point.

When it comes to criminal cases, time does not make things better.

But the problem was that they didn't actually have any real evidence against their suspect, they just assumed he was the one.

The almost immediate lack of progress was a pretty strong indicator that his alibi stood up on further investigation. Otherwise we would have seen more search warrants and specifically ones executed on the house itself. That did not happen, which tells me that that they really had nothing. After that the sheriff refused to consider anything else IMO. But other agencies that were assisting but did not have jurisdiction saw the case quite differently from him. It became a matter of pride at that point, which effectively shut down any real investigation.

I do have a suspect (two potential ones, actually), but they are not the people everyone else here thinks they are.

Care to share names?

Why would you say that and not tell us who and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89