Haleigh's little brother "Man in black took my sissy."

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking the standard routine at night was to watch tv in the grown ups bedroom, then gget moved to their own bed later in the night. I think Jr. prob got up and went to his own bed many nights. What is Dad suppose to do at 3 in the morning, sleep on the floor.

Has anyone besides Crystal heard him say this?

Since I suspect her being involved, I wonder if she coached him to say it.

He also told this to a special childrens investigator by now. The grandmother stated her name on NG tonight, I forget the name.

As far as being coached by anyone....LE childrens divisions have standards and if they believe a childs been coached, they have tools to recognise it.
That said, its a little premature to assume the childs been coached by anyone. But if you'd like to stick with facts. RC's & his family had Jr. several days prior to Crystals visitation weekend. Therefore, if he was coached, many family members on both sides have had oportunity &/or motive to do so. It's not unusual.
I have known cases where this has occured. I work with children in a Domestic Violence Shelter (I volunteer) we see it all the time. What can you do? :rolleyes:

The name mentioned was Connie. I don't recall her saying she was any kind of investigator tho.

It was said he was interviewed early on by investigators right after they found Haleigh went missing. I doubt there was much time for coaching on either side if this is true and if he told them the same story.

My apologies if this was already mentioned (I'm sure it probably was)...

But does anyone think this little man actually meant Black Man?

Just raising kids and all and the way they talk compared to what they mean...

RC didn't have him the first week.They said he was at a relative's house.

Yes, he told his grandma ... R's mom.

He told his grandma CONNIE SHEFFIELD the way I heard on GR IIRC not Ron's mom, where did you see that? CONNIE is CRYSTAL's stepmother, so it would be the boy's step-grandma actually.

He also told this to a special childrens investigator by now. The grandmother stated her name on NG tonight, I forget the name.

As far as being coached by anyone....LE childrens divisions have standards and if they believe a childs been coached, they have tools to recognise it.
That said, its a little premature to assume the childs been coached by anyone. But if you'd like to stick with facts. RC's & his family had Jr. several days prior to Crystals visitation weekend. Therefore, if he was coached, many family members on both sides have had oportunity &/or motive to do so. It's not unusual.
I have known cases where this has occured. I work with children in a Domestic Violence Shelter (I volunteer) we see it all the time. What can you do? :rolleyes:

Thank you...this is very informative. I've seen on tv shows, like Law & Order:SVU, where they could tell if a child was coached. But I didn't know they could do it "in real life". Makes me feel a tiny bit better.

Kudos to you for volunteering your time in a DV shelter. :blowkiss:

Patty I thought the same thing. This case is all over the place, it is hard to decide which theory to follow, so many shady characters living around them.

GRACE: Where is 5-year-old Haleigh? Straight out to Marie Griffis, maternal grandmother of Haleigh. Everyone, we are taking your calls live. Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh`s biological mother, announcing she has willingly taken a polygraph and was told that she passed.

To Marie Griffis, the grandmother -- Ms. Griffis, thank you for being with us. To your understanding, has the little boy told other people about the description of the kidnapper?

MARIE GRIFFIS, MATERNAL GRANDMOTHER: Not that I know of. Just Connie and Crystal.

GRACE: And was his story consistent?

GRIFFIS: Yes. From what Connie told me, he talked about a man dressed in black, and then Crystal said the same thing.

From NG : http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/23/ng.01.html

I'm finding it hard to believe that investigators would repeat or remark on the interview of a 3 (almost 4 yr old). I did see one article that reported that this is what Jr. said to investigators but I'd like to know from whom they got that information.

On a personal note: I've never had a child interviewed by LE. Especially a 3 almost 4 yr old. So I can only project what my expectations of what an interview would be like with Jr. if I were to put each of my children into that situation at that age and try to predict who they would have behaved.

I have only one child that I think at that age would have been able to give an accurate description of what she had seen.

I have another child that would have been clueless even if he had witnessed it, in fact if he had started saying something about men in black I would have known it was because he watched something on tv or had seen the movie...

It's possible he was awake, it's possible he is that type of child who would be able to report but I just don't know as of now.

Oh and one more thought I had, sorry I hit the submit button too soon.

It's only an opinion based on the behaviors and shifting stories from *all* of the players in this case...or just me being cynical.

From same link to NG transcript we see: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/23/ng.01.html

CRYSTAL SHEFFIELD, HALEIGH`S MOTHER: Yes. He -- when I got him for my visitation, the first thing he said to me was, Mommy, I want to find my sissy. And he -- I didn`t question him about none of it. And he was, like, Somebody come in, they was all dressed in black, and took my sissy.

SHEFFIELD: No. He just said that they was dressed in black or he was dressed in black, whoever it was.

SHEFFIELD: No. He just said a man dressed in black come in and took his sissy. I didn`t ask him any questions

(Note: I edited out NG questions but none of the words of Crystal's responses.)

My immediate response? I looked between the lines of what she was saying. I believe Crystal didn't ask him any questions but I bet you my bottom dollar Connie might have been the one asking. Just sayin' :)

Just speculating but by the time Jr got to bio-mom and family and had already been interviewed by...whoever - LE, special child-friendly interview-ers (sorry, my mind is blanking on the right words!) - and they asked him what color the man Jr saw was wearing and he said 'black' so they said 'a man in black' - or he could have heard OTHER people talking about 'a man in black'. So the info could be as accurate as a 4 year old could get, he's just saying it in the way he hears the adults saying it. "A man in black"

The only thing in this whole mess that I give Cystal credit for is not questioning RJ. I am sure that the police made it clear to her to let him talk if he wanted, but not to push him, lead him, or question him in any way.
So even if she did question him about the man in black, she wouldn't admit to it, because if the police were doing their jobs, they would have told her in the beginning to just call them if he started talking.

I would think a 4 year old wouldnt use the sentence phrased this way. "the man in black"...Seems like he would have said man in the black shirt, man in the black hat, man with the black shoes, but not man IN black JMO

I think the whole thing is odd..
I can't quite see that statement coming from a 4 year old..
I can see him saying a bad man.. or a big man.. or ..but.. just seems odd..
Perhaps he over heard someone saying.. something like.. Hmm.. this person must have been wearing black so people couldnt see him and the child went with it from there..
It just doesnt seem like it would be said that way from a child that age..
I donno mabe he watched the johnny cash movie the other nite that I watched.. and When they called him the man it black it stuck in his head..
(ok ok thats a stretch) sorry..

I don't, because a child that young probably would have said the "brown man".

I feel that if Jr. really saw a man take Haleigh, he would have awoken Misti. UNLESS Haleigh went willingly with the guy. How could this abduction have been kept so quiet, and why wouldn't Jr. say something to Misti about the man in black at 3:30 a.m. when chaos erupted in the house?

Found this in the media section http://www.gainesville.com/article/...e=Haleigh-s-brother-Man-took-her-from-bedroom

Now we know that Jr did see something.

Oh wow, a child protection team was told this by Jr personally. We also find out that LE is finally commenting on it and said they are following up on everything the child protective team was able to find out.

Thank you for posting this. Bio-Mom and her mother have taken some shots about this...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume
Back