Haleigh's little brother "Man in black took my sissy."

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for posting this. Bio-Mom and her mother have taken some shots about this...

I'd say just about everyone and their brother involved in this case has taken some shots, but I say shoot away if we can get to the bottom of this mystery.

O/T Matchbox 20 and Rob Thomas are my absolute favorite..amazing lyrics

Little boys that age are obsessed with police and common delivery people -- he would know those uniforms and that is what he would call the person -- not "man in black," but "the police" or "the mail man." Also, since people (especially young men) DO wear a lot of black and dark colors, this had to be something that really stood out to him -- something he had no words for. Like something wrapped around his head as a mask, or some other bizarre get-up. As for why he would not scream out or react....depends on what he was used to in the home. Some homes do have a lot of people in and out, including overnight guests, so the child may not be shocked to see a person in the middle of the night so long as that person does not appear threatening. Also, if Haleigh seemed calm, then her little brother would have taken the cue from her.
But it's amazing what kids will accept as normal. You really can't expect them to apply the same standards to judge a situation as an adult would apply. When I was a small child, my bedroom was next to our neighbor's house, but my parents' bedroom was all the way on the other side of the house. Nobody had AC, so in the spring/summer, windows would be left open. There was an evolving domestic situation in my neighbor's house which nobody knew about (nothing that constituted abuse of the children -- it was more that an adult in the home was beginning to suffer a breakdown, and the early episodes seemed to occur late at night). In the middle of the night, I used to hear screaming, crying and bizarre things getting yelled out. I was about 3-4 at the time. My parents had no clue what was going on until eventually it became well known in the neighborhood and the person's condition deteriorated so that these things happened in the daytime as well. But at around this time, my parents remember I had a habit of sleepwalking and coming into their room late at night and trying to sleep with them. However, I never once told them the stuff I was hearing.
I think children are still developing a sense of the world around them, what is normal and what is not normal, and they frequently assess situations based on whether there is an actual threat, based on what they SEE and not based on some general societal concept of a threat (i.e., is the man in your bedroom a threat because he is growling at you and holding up a knife, or is he a threat because you know from reading the news and living in our society that even the gentlest seeming man is not supposed to be in your bedroom?!?!), and then, if there is a threat, I think they often respond with actions and not with words, because they are biologically hard-wired with a "fight or flight" response.

Little boys that age are obsessed with police and common delivery people -- he would know those uniforms and that is what he would call the person -- not "man in black," but "the police" or "the mail man." Also, since people (especially young men) DO wear a lot of black and dark colors, this had to be something that really stood out to him -- something he had no words for. Like something wrapped around his head as a mask, or some other bizarre get-up. As for why he would not scream out or react....depends on what he was used to in the home. Some homes do have a lot of people in and out, including overnight guests, so the child may not be shocked to see a person in the middle of the night so long as that person does not appear threatening. Also, if Haleigh seemed calm, then her little brother would have taken the cue from her.
But it's amazing what kids will accept as normal. You really can't expect them to apply the same standards to judge a situation as an adult would apply. When I was a small child, my bedroom was next to our neighbor's house, but my parents' bedroom was all the way on the other side of the house. Nobody had AC, so in the spring/summer, windows would be left open. There was an evolving domestic situation in my neighbor's house which nobody knew about (nothing that constituted abuse of the children -- it was more that an adult in the home was beginning to suffer a breakdown, and the early episodes seemed to occur late at night). In the middle of the night, I used to hear screaming, crying and bizarre things getting yelled out. I was about 3-4 at the time. My parents had no clue what was going on until eventually it became well known in the neighborhood and the person's condition deteriorated so that these things happened in the daytime as well. But at around this time, my parents remember I had a habit of sleepwalking and coming into their room late at night and trying to sleep with them. However, I never once told them the stuff I was hearing.
I think children are still developing a sense of the world around them, what is normal and what is not normal, and they frequently assess situations based on whether there is an actual threat, based on what they SEE and not based on some general societal concept of a threat (i.e., is the man in your bedroom a threat because he is growling at you and holding up a knife, or is he a threat because you know from reading the news and living in our society that even the gentlest seeming man is not supposed to be in your bedroom?!?!), and then, if there is a threat, I think they often respond with actions and not with words, because they are biologically hard-wired with a "fight or flight" response.

Great post! :dance:

:banghead:

Did they have a professional talk to RCJR in the beginning??? Man in black!!!! I trust LE is handling this the right way, I think they don't want to compromise their position and they are on the right track. I only pray!

I'm going to assume LE talked to the child from the very beginning of this investigation. They have always looked at this as an abduction, even before WE knew why. Just because this little butterbean just now mentioned it to his mom doesn't mean LE didn't know about it!

I can understand a kidnapper/home invader dressing all in black so as to move unnoticed against the background of night but to move around inside the house in those clothes having switched on the light does not make sense unless this man in black positively knew the adult meant to be minding the children was out of the house.

I'm going to assume LE talked to the child from the very beginning of this investigation. They have always looked at this as an abduction, even before WE knew why. Just because this little butterbean just now mentioned it to his mom doesn't mean LE didn't know about it!

This article states JR told this to *members of a child protection team* and this was confirmed by LE. You are right.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...e=Haleigh-s-brother-Man-took-her-from-bedroom

Wonder if Couey dressed in black? Did the perp in Elizabeth Smart's kidnapping dress in black? This is being given way too much attention.

I can understand a kidnapper/home invader dressing all in black so as to move unnoticed against the background of night but to move around inside the house in those clothes having switched on the light does not make sense unless this man in black positively knew the adult meant to be minding the children was out of the house.

I'm not a criminal. Or a profiler. So I don't know if I can think like a criminal to any degree of accuracy, but I almost feel the opposite of you on this point. If I knew the adult was gone, but would be returning, I'd make sure that the house looked EXACTLY the same when she returned. That way she'd crawl back in bed and not even notice the child was missing until the next morning.

I don't know why the light was turned on, because it seems to INCREASE the chances of discovery, and that's not something I would think you'd want to do when you are sneaking off with somebody else's child! Maybe it was turned on to show Haleigh it was alright to go with him......if she was sleeping when he picked her up and didn't wake until the kitchen, and assuming it's someone she knew, he may have flipped the light switch on to say "shh, it's just me. it's ok!" to keep her quiet.

Was the bedroom right off the kitchen? Would the light have shone into the bedroom?

I KNOW my grandson (4 years old) would be able to tell me if it was a policeman, mailman, etc. ... because he's also obsessed with them, he wants to be a policeman when he grows up. :)

If he said a man in black, it would BE a man in black.

I'm not a criminal. Or a profiler. So I don't know if I can think like a criminal to any degree of accuracy, but I almost feel the opposite of you on this point. If I knew the adult was gone, but would be returning, I'd make sure that the house looked EXACTLY the same when she returned. That way she'd crawl back in bed and not even notice the child was missing until the next morning.

I don't know why the light was turned on, because it seems to INCREASE the chances of discovery, and that's not something I would think you'd want to do when you are sneaking off with somebody else's child! Maybe it was turned on to show Haleigh it was alright to go with him......if she was sleeping when he picked her up and didn't wake until the kitchen, and assuming it's someone she knew, he may have flipped the light switch on to say "shh, it's just me. it's ok!" to keep her quiet.

Was the bedroom right off the kitchen? Would the light have shone into the bedroom?

Really good thoughts here. Unless he wanted her to see who he was, I wouldn't think he'd turn on the light. Sooo, was it someone familiar to her, that she didn't struggle? Was it Misty dressed in black, Ron? Or someone she knew?

Was the light turned on by Misty, and she's lying? Was the light ever on?

Was this staged? Or is this a true stranger abduction?

Just some thoughts ...

I agree - also, no need to prop back door open, if you are going to use lights - why not just get her and walk out - especially if you know the adults were gone??

Props could be used to talk with child.
The LE/ child interviewers could use dolls to talk to the child..

Or pictures... and say...

did they L@@K like this __________?

Or did they L@@K like t h i s _ _ _ _ _ ?

like we KNOW little children are smart...

but Professionals that are trained to questions little children

KNOW>>. sometimes... if you suggest something.. they will
just say... "YES" to get you to leave them alone...
or
because their attention span is short ! ! !

But I think there is a good chance the
little "JR" fella could have seen something !

It is sad ! cause he might be left with out a sister...
and he might take on guilt..
I pray they get him some counseling..
and
I just tell you this 17 year old girl / T W I C E molested
at age 13 & ? ./......... YET being `17 living with a much older
man taking care of 2 TWO Children ( NOT HER OWN )
THAT 's a tall order to handle...

I am Praying for the safe Return of Little Haleigh !!!
I am praying for the "TRUTH" to come out soon !

This case seems disturbing to me !

God Bless !
jjgram

I am a nudge.

I do find it very interesting that LE would comment on a tip or lead that a child gave to investigators when they have not made comments about any other crucial investigative lead.

Yes, I do think that it's more than likely that Jr. may have said this to investigators. However, why would LE confirm a lead like that to the media? Something about it doesn't sit right with me.

I still question the pile of laundry right at the back door by the washer, and took that to mean that it was sitting on the floor in a pile not in any basket. A man all in black comes in that back door THEN goes to turn on the kitchen light which was on. The pile of laundry should have been disturbed, stepped on, or even trailed into the kitchen or out that back door when he was getting out. Very hinky.

Respectully bolded by me.

I agree Tuba that doesn't make any sense at all to dress in black in order to be able to move through the night but yet flip on a kitchen light (I would assume it was an overhead most are) and leave it on.

...If I knew the adult was gone, but would be returning, I'd make sure that the house looked EXACTLY the same when she returned. That way she'd crawl back in bed and not even notice the child was missing until the next morning...

... Maybe it was turned on to show Haleigh it was alright to go with him......if she was sleeping when he picked her up and didn't wake until the kitchen, and assuming it's someone she knew, he may have flipped the light switch on to say "shh, it's just me. it's ok!" to keep her quiet...

Respectully bolded and snipped by me (snipped portions are indicated missing from quoted post by "...".

Interesting Kgeaux. Why leave the light on? Why leave the back door wide open? Why leave the screen door propped open? If it was an abduction...it makes perfect sense *not* to turn a light on if it was off when the abductor entered the home. If the abductor turned the light on...why not flip it off if trying to avoid detection and get enough time and distance between himself and the caregiver before discovery of child missing?

All of these elements have been discussed in minute detail and each has been given a rational explanation. But all of these elements together as the big picture of evidence from Haleigh's disappearance rest uneasy with me, and I find it non-commonsensical to have to continuously rationalize each detail of each element of this crime. Just my two cents.

I still question the pile of laundry right at the back door by the washer, and took that to mean that it was sitting on the floor in a pile not in any basket. A man all in black comes in that back door THEN goes to turn on the kitchen light which was on. The pile of laundry should have been disturbed, stepped on, or even trailed into the kitchen or out that back door when he was getting out. Very hinky.

I personally think that Junior heard this coming from someone else. With all the commotion in that home before LE arrived. Ron was pissed, Misty was well..whatever..
What if Ron said to Misty "What? you expect me to believe some man in black came in and took my child?"
I think if Junior really did see something, he would have said more to his mother.

Ron just said Jr didn't tell him anything about a man in black.

Connie S., Crystal's stepmom(who doesnt look much older than Crystal) said she believes what Jr said was a figment of his imagination.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back