Haleigh's little brother "Man in black took my sissy."

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree that the man in black info shouldn't have been put out into the media, but how does Ms. Sykes know that it's false? Maybe Junior felt safer telling his mother for some reason. Anyway, whoever did take Haleigh wouldn't sneak around late at night in neon green clothing. Whoever took Haleigh was wearing something, so maybe Junior did see something. Misti places him with her own words as being up out of bed and awake at some point when she wasn't. According to Misti's reports he didn't say anything to her at all and she didn't say anything to him. He could have been going to the kitchen to turn on the cookstove for all she knew.

They are relying on a four-year-old, Haleigh's little brother, Ronald Junior, for help.

"He was asleep. I got there 10 minutes after we noticed she was gone. I had Junior, he said he didn't know anything...said he was asleep," Haleigh's great grandmother, Annette Sykes, told First Coast News on Monday.

Detectives have talked to the child. Relatives on both sides say he told police he saw a man in a ski mask come in their trailer and leave with his big sister.

"They questioned Junior. I asked them (police) about it. They couldn't tell me anything other than he's a little child. He was questioned and the story went from one thing to another and another," says Sykes.

Haleigh's great grandmother says she doesn't believe Haleigh's little brother really knows what happened in the home.

"We ask him, he'll tell you one thing. You ask another way, he'll tell you something else. He's just a little child."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=132095&catid=295

Exactly! Jr. doesn't know much at all. He's trying to help cause he wants his Sissy back. As far as he knows the boogey man took Haleigh. Man in black? LOL.

In the Elizabeth Smart case, her sister was much older and did see the perp.

After seeing TN...I would say that Gma Sykes is out to try to do damage control. I am more convinced Rj saw something he can ID.

Great-grandma Sykes might be the person LE needs to interrogate. From what I have seen, she sure seems anxious to bat away certain rumors but not others.

Is this the same woman who saw Haleigh eating dinner on the front steps at 7p.m.?

Yes. She is the same woman who was at the trailer in the evening. (She is also the one that said she wished she had punched Geraldo! LOL)

Exactly! Jr. doesn't know much at all. He's trying to help cause he wants his Sissy back. As far as he knows the boogey man took Haleigh. Man in black? LOL.

In the Elizabeth Smart case, her sister was much older and did see the perp.

AND The sister did not immediately go for help. She was too scared. An intruder proabably would have scared a 4yr old stiff-deer in the headlights-if "I don't make a move or sound, the bad guy won't know I'm here".

On the other end of the stick-the bad guys in kid show (ie-power rangers) are always all in black with their faces somehow obscured. LE should be able to determine fact vs fantasy with this little boy, but if they are smart they will not broadcast the info.

AND The sister did not immediately go for help. She was too scared. An intruder proabably would have scared a 4yr old stiff-deer in the headlights-if "I don't make a move or sound, the bad guy won't know I'm here".

On the other end of the stick-the bad guys in kid show (ie-power rangers) are always all in black with their faces somehow obscured. LE should be able to determine fact vs fantasy with this little boy, but if they are smart they will not broadcast the info.
When the grandmother, TN, was asked if the face was covered etc., she tears up and said it was something LE should only know. She was visibly shaken because Crystal put it out there about this "man in black" at all! TN is frightened for her grandson in last night's NG interview. It is written all over her and heightened by the tears welled up in her eyes when discussing it. The boy knows more.

I just think that even though little JR might have been scared, the very FIRST thing he would have done after he was sure the "man in black" was gone or out of sight, would be wake up Misty and tell her that someone just took my Sissy. It's hard to believe he saw that and just rolled over and went black to sleep. JMO.

I just think that even though little JR might have been scared, the very FIRST thing he would have done after he was sure the "man in black" was gone or out of sight, would be wake up Misty and tell her that someone just took my Sissy. It's hard to believe he saw that and just rolled over and went black to sleep. JMO.

Yeppers and if he had of woke Misty up and told her that...the 911 call she made would have said something about that instead of the I don't know what happened bit.

We just don't know how a child is going to react in a situation like that...Remember Elizabeth Smart. Her sister waited over 2 hours before going to her parents. If Jr was only partially awake he could have dozed right back off to sleep and may not have relized what he was witnessing. Children react in different ways when they are being abducted or witnessing an abduction...we can't say for certain how they will or will not react, or what they would or would not do. JMO

boggles my mind-if baby wakes up to see a man in black,why didn't babysitter who was supposed to be sleeping next to him at the same time? I think someone put that story in the baby's head.This just stinks to high heaven!

Praying for little girl!

Yes, he told his grandma ... R's mom.
\
I said from the first time it came out that he was either coached on this as an explanation of where his sister is. Ron or his mother probably.
Also if he saw something why didn't he scream out for Misty or his dad to stop them???? If I woke up and saw a strange man in my bedroom believe me I would scream and so would a small child.

HLN are talking about this now and they say that children want to please adults and they will say what they want to make them happy.Did his mother question him when they got in the hotel,because she had him on Friday night and he had not spoke this all week.

I would find that odd,also,she only sees them four days a month,he's with Dad and Grandma all the time,wouldn't he have mentioned this to them when he first woke up or even the next day?Maybe he was thinking about it all week,hearing everybody and had a dream or just thoughts of what could have happened to her?Like the bad guy took her and in a little boy's mind a man all in black?

Lou Dobbs just reported JR's great grandma stated child psychologists interviewed JR and found his story unreliable.

Just wanted to bring this thread back up I was interested in determining if Junior was interviewed on the evening/morning that Haleigh went missing.

The police report is here: http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/13/putnam.pdf

give it a minute but after it opens up you can read where it gives the date of the incident to and from. It says Monday 2/9 2009 22:00 to Tuesday 2/10 2009 3:27

Victim information is listed first then it goes on to list the witnesses starting with #1 Misty, #2 Ronald, #3 Crystal, which I find of note because Crystal didn't arrive on scene until later, #4 Teresa, and then the # 5 witness is blacked out. Further on down in the police report there is another section blackened out, I thought maybe the information was blackened out to protect the identity or statement of a minor.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

I read (looking for link)

Jr. was interviewed within hours of the 911 call by 2 special officers.

(This is my line of work that is why it interested me the most.)
We don’t have privy to that information, however, I would think L.E. would let that know.

I read (looking for link)

Jr. was interviewed within hours of the 911 call by 2 special officers.

(This is my line of work that is why it interested me the most.)
We don’t have privy to that information, however, I would think L.E. would let that know.

I've been searching for a statement from Law Enforcement concerning the "man in black" story. I was about to give it up and then I found this link in the "just the facts" thread originally posted by mysticrose:

http://www.gainesville.com/article/...e=Haleigh-s-brother-Man-took-her-from-bedroom

snip from article:Investigators are following up a lead provided by the brother of a missing 5-year-old Putnam County girl that a man came into the room where she was sleeping and took her. Putnam County sheriff’s Capt. Dick Schauland confirmed that officers had received the lead but didn’t provide any details except that the boy gave the report to members of a child protection team. Ronald Cummings Jr., was 3 when he was interviewed the week Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings was reported missing from her Satsuma home.

“Everything they were able to find out from him they are following up on,” Schauland said.~ end snip

Just wanted to bring this thread back up I was interested in determining if Junior was interviewed on the evening/morning that Haleigh went missing.

The police report is here: http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/13/putnam.pdf

give it a minute but after it opens up you can read where it gives the date of the incident to and from. It says Monday 2/9 2009 22:00 to Tuesday 2/10 2009 3:27

Victim information is listed first then it goes on to list the witnesses starting with #1 Misty, #2 Ronald, #3 Crystal, which I find of note because Crystal didn't arrive on scene until later, #4 Teresa, and then the # 5 witness is blacked out. Further on down in the police report there is another section blackened out, I thought maybe the information was blackened out to protect the identity or statement of a minor.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Having read police reports a few times in my life as a newspaper reporter, I can say yes, the name of a minor and what they may have reported would be redacted, or blacked out on the report. Other things that may be blacked out would be names of any undercover person and addresses of witnesses. Many cop shops have different regulations as to what is released to the public. Hope that helps.

The bottom line is that Jr. was interviewed by professionals within hours of the 911 call. We don't know what, if anything, he was able to tell them about Haleigh's disappearance. During visitation, Jr. told CS and Connie something about the perp. One story was a black man in squeaky shoes, a man in black and somewhere it evolved to a black man in black, a ski mask was tossed in as was the bouncing sofa and the man coming out of the wall to take Haleigh. CS took Jr. to the media and he said nothing, CS did all the talking; telling what Jr. said to her.

LE said that whatever information they were able to glean from Jr. was investigated/being investgated. They did not elaborate on the information nor confirm anything that Jr. told the professionals that morning or whether it was consistent with what CS was saying.

I don't see CS or Connie patiently waiting for Jr. to talk about that night, I think they questioned him.

RC was pretty mad at CS for taking Jr. on tv and telling what Jr. allegedly told her. It was stupid on her part for if it was a black man, or a man in black, or a black man in black - whatever - then the perp knows that he was seen and Jr. is the only living witness. This kind of information gives the perp an advantage to get out of dodge, kill and dispose, seek out the witness, etc. etc. But, it seemed that RC thought the whole "Jr. told me this" was bull. I suppose he heard from Jr. too.

The bottom line is that Jr. was interviewed by professionals within hours of the 911 call. We don't know what, if anything, he was able to tell them about Haleigh's disappearance. During visitation, Jr. told CS and Connie something about the perp. One story was a black man in squeaky shoes, a man in black and somewhere it evolved to a black man in black, a ski mask was tossed in as was the bouncing sofa and the man coming out of the wall to take Haleigh. CS took Jr. to the media and he said nothing, CS did all the talking; telling what Jr. said to her.

LE said that whatever information they were able to glean from Jr. was investigated/being investgated. They did not elaborate on the information nor confirm anything that Jr. told the professionals that morning or whether it was consistent with what CS was saying.

I don't see CS or Connie patiently waiting for Jr. to talk about that night, I think they questioned him.

RC was pretty mad at CS for taking Jr. on tv and telling what Jr. allegedly told her. It was stupid on her part for if it was a black man, or a man in black, or a black man in black - whatever - then the perp knows that he was seen and Jr. is the only living witness. This kind of information gives the perp an advantage to get out of dodge, kill and dispose, seek out the witness, etc. etc. But, it seemed that RC thought the whole "Jr. told me this" was bull. I suppose he heard from Jr. too.

GGM talked about jr's man-in-black story. Ronald has placed Jr in harm's way a number of times since Haleigh disappeared. Let's not be disingenuous and pretend that one show with Craig Rivera is what put Jr at risk. If there was a perp wondering if there was another witness, having information that Misty and Jr were in the home at the time was enough. In fact, that should have been a clue there was never any stranger in there at all since Jr and Misty weren't touched at all.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume
Back