Haleigh's little brother "Man in black took my sissy."

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Certainly not my intention as I only hope anyone "sleuthing" this case keeps a completely open mind.

I always keep an open mind:) My statement was that I felt it was harsh to want to "slap the stupidity" out of someone whose child was abducted OR missing, when the child wasn't even in her care. That is my opinion. Obviously, you aren't required to agree with it;) But it has nothing to do with how I am sleuthing the case. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean I can't form opinions.

I just don't know. Sounds like the typical boogie man to me. Well actually my first thought was the Movie... I'm kinda like the other poster pointed out....why go to all the trouble to dress in black....then turn on the light?

On a personal note: seeing him call her sissy breaks my heart. My g-ma and sis called me that when I was younger and my nieces and nephews call me that today.

I hope no matter what the outcome of this case they get this poor boy some help. I'm sure he is hurting right now and confused about what is going on. It could lead to many problems down the road.

No one has said it is an "unknown" bad guy. In fact LE isn't saying much of anything about this case. I see no reason for Crystal to lie about this, if Misty IS involved (not sure it is the case) WHY would she cover for her?? Doesn't make any sense to me.

My 4 yr. old niece answered the phone the other day. her mom said to tell them she wasn't home. So she tells them "my mommy said that she isn't here." If Jr. was told to say this about the "man" then I'm sure he quickly told who it was that wanted him to say it.

The point is that when some perps have been scrutinized they have attempted to offer the possibility of an "unknown bad guy" being responsible. The way Misty said she didn't know about the cousin, he was a criminal and she didn't trust him, reminded me of that.

The "men in black" reference could be an attempt by Crystal to turn eyes away from herself. Some people have wondered if she might be responsible for Haleigh's vanishing.

That's what is meant by the "unknown bad guy".

I just don't know. Sounds like the typical boogie man to me. Well actually my first thought was the Movie... I'm kinda like the other poster pointed out....why go to all the trouble to dress in black....then turn on the light?

What if Misty was not there and Haleigh was afraid to be alone at night with just her little brother so she turned the lights on and went to bed?

COLOMOM

I agree with you about pointing the blame at others. I was mighty suspicious of Crystal in the beginning, not sure what to think now. It just aggrivates me how tight lipped LE has been. I can understand not revealing sensitive info, but why not say she was in school? Why are they not mentioning her TUrner's more? Why no mention of the birthmark? I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think LE is as clueless as we are.

COLOMOM

I agree with you about pointing the blame at others. I was mighty suspicious of Crystal in the beginning, not sure what to think now. It just aggrivates me how tight lipped LE has been. I can understand not revealing sensitive info, but why not say she was in school? Why are they not mentioning her TUrner's more? Why no mention of the birthmark? I REALLY hope I'm wrong, but I'm beginning to think LE is as clueless as we are.

I know what you mean Sissy. I just posted on the LE Presser thread that I don't even bother tuning into those because they seem to be all defensive and they never offer much of anything. People (and the press) will lose interest which is a disservice to Haleigh. I get the distinct feeling that LE does not want any help on this case, they can handle it just fine, thank you very much. I had so much faith in LE in Maddie's case too but, like you about this case, I am not so sure anymore.

Poor Haleigh.

Man in black

An African-American to a small child dressed in dark colored clothing.
Someone dressed is motorcycle riding gear leathers.
A person dressed in a business suit like on the cover of the movie Men in Black if Jr. knows about that movie and has seen the cover. [He would have to be familiar enough with it make the association]
Someone wearing ‘goth’ style clothing.
A person who wears a very dark shade uniform as in LE or even someone who wears a uniform as a waiter or waitress, auto mechanic, delivery driver or custodial service clothing in dark colors.
Anyone wearing a dark shirt, sweatshirt, jacket and pants be it a dark shade of brown, green, blue or black.
Anyone wearing a hood or mask may appear to be a man in black.
A person standing in the dark or shadow may appear to be a man in black.

Can anyone else add to the list of possibilities of what Jr. could have meant.
Yes. A "man in black" could be an imaginary bogeyman the little boy concocted to help make sense out of a senseless situation. Kids like answers. If they don't have them, they create them. This is why they have to be handled with kid gloves when they're being questioned--they're very suggestible.

Or is he talking about LE. Being 4 and seeing police all over the place is he thinking LE took his sissy. He has been seeing them everywhere, maybe he is thinking they(LE) are why she's gone. Not that they are there to help.
Just trying to think like my kiddo's. Their little minds are so complex.

They wear green in Putnam County.

Or... it was planted in his head by someone. Just saying... a big possibility.

A man in a black vehicle?

I know when my daughter was younger, if she didn't know the word for something, she just wouldn't say it. Like if she wanted to say "CAn I have a hot dog?" It would usually come out "Can I have a hot?" until she learned the word dog.
Not knowing Jr's verbal skill level makes this even harder to decipher.

it's very strange to me that the mother states she did not question the boy and is not going to question the boy about what he said. I'm not a father but I would think one of the instincts of a parent in a situation like this would be to find as many answers as possible from the child.

LE probably instructed them not to. The story needs to remain clear in his mind and I'm sure it's being handled on a professional and emotionless level.

He was awake but doesn't recogonize the cousin who had visited?

The intruder woke the 4 year old but not Misty?

Goes back to was she even there, IMO.

Crystal is not Ron's sister.... she is his (ex) wife. I believe they are separated but not divorced.

Ron and Crystal Sheffield were never married.

And Ron does have a sister named Crystal also.

I always keep an open mind:) My statement was that I felt it was harsh to want to "slap the stupidity" out of someone whose child was abducted OR missing, when the child wasn't even in her care. That is my opinion. Obviously, you aren't required to agree with it;) But it has nothing to do with how I am sleuthing the case. Keeping an open mind doesn't mean I can't form opinions.

:woohoo:

So right, Babycat.

Maybe JR is remembering the night when LE came to the house to take the report and look for Haleigh.

He goes to bed- Haleigh is there. (If this is the truth.)
He wakes up- his Dad is yelling, screaming, whining, crying. This has to be very frightening to such a young child.
The police are there with black clothes on and Haleigh is gone.

Maybe in his mind he has connected this. moo

There are very few black people in that area. It is "integrated", but the non-whites are Laotian or Hispanic. [just fyi, I live there, here, whatever.]

I am sure that of anyone, you would know, since you live there....but....early on, I saw a photo of "family members" and there was a man of color in that photo.

Dont get me wrong....I am NOT in any way accusing him...just throwing it out there. May he have relatives or friends that need a look into ? Surely theres at least a few "black men" in the general area...or maybe works with Ron & wasnt at work that night, or ???????

Who knows.

What if Misty was not there and Haleigh was afraid to be alone at night with just her little brother so she turned the lights on and went to bed?

Good Point. I've been trying to think of "why" that light would have turned on.

What if Misty turned on the light (before she stepped out) ? Actually Im still not totally convinced that she ever left but if she did, maybe she turned it on for whatever reason...she could of turned it on , then forgot to turn it off WHEN she left... somebody could have been watching the home....so they (he) would know that she wasnt there & the light was on...he wouldnt of turned it OFF, I dont think. He would of just hauled butt out of there.

When Anne Pressly was assaulted in her house in Little Rock, one of the things her mom noticed when she came to the house was that inside and outside lights had been turned on (by the suspect).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd
Back