Halyna Hutchins Shot With Prop Gun - Alec Baldwin indicted & Hannah Gutierrez-Reed charged, 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

They're discussing this now on CNN.

Not a surprise, really. As more information came out, it was clear they didn't have much of a criminal case against AB. JMO

No surprise. He knows all the right people.
I stated a while ago that I thought charges would eventually be dropped. To me, it isn't really about know the right people (other than being able to hired a good attorney). It was about these charges likely were not warranted. If he wasn't AB, would he have been charged? I don't know. I am certainly not an AB fan, but as a lawyer, I don't think these charges were warranted based upon what we knew.

I stated a while ago that I thought charges would eventually be dropped. To me, it isn't really about know the right people (other than being able to hired a good attorney). It was about these charges likely were not warranted. If he wasn't AB, would he have been charged? I don't know. I am certainly not an AB fan, but as a lawyer, I don't think these charges were warranted based upon what we knew.
Didn't hurt his case that the prosecution made @#$%&"s out of themselves...2 Cents

"Recently appointed special prosecutors Kari Morrissey and Jason Lewis are expected to file paperwork soon, perhaps even today, to dismiss the involuntary manslaughter claims against the multi-Emmy-winning actor and the crew member without prejudice, we hear. That means, as they are set to investigate further into what actually went down that terrible day on the Bonanza Creek Ranch set near Santa Fe, this case could be resurrected in the future."

"Without prejudice" means that the dismissal is not a permanent ending of charges. The court has no "prejudice" against the case being filed again. So it is like they have erased everything so far, with the opportunity to start over, if they wish. All their options are open.

However, it's very unusual for a case to be resurrected. They have what they have. If the evidence is not enough today to prosecute, that is unlikely to change tomorrow -- unless they happen to obtain some new evidence re the shooting that's SIGNIFICANT and game-changing.

Didn't hurt his case that the prosecution made @#$%&"s out of themselves...2 Cents
Oh absolutely! The prosecution could not have done a worse job. Why the DA asked for a special prosecutor in the first place is questionable. The ridiculous unprofessional statements to the press. The misapplication of the law. Just a total mess. The assistant director is probably kicking himself for his plea agreement now.

Oh absolutely! The prosecution could not have done a worse job. Why the DA asked for a special prosecutor in the first place is questionable. The ridiculous unprofessional statements to the press. The misapplication of the law. Just a total mess. The assistant director is probably kicking himself for his plea agreement now.
Wow, never thought of that. That David Halls may regret taking a plea - not sticking with his "not guilty" plea.

You had mentioned some time ago that you thought charges would be dropped and I was going to ask you why. Well, you were right!!!!

There were one set of prosecutors filing this detailed indictment going on and on about guilt, then newly appointed special prosecutors doing the opposite and dropping charges.

What did these new prosecutors see that the first ones didn't?

And how does this affect HGR?

These are the 2 big questions.

ALLOCATION OF RESOURCES, i.e., staff & $.

I can understand a DA's reluctance to prosecute an Invol M/S case against a celebrity w $$$$$ to spend on defense, when the same resources could prosecute multiple (5, 10, 25?) Invol MS cases against more "typical" homicides stemming from street drugs, robberies, etc.

Not saying that's why this DA back-pedaled & moved to dismiss (not a textbook case) but I doubt if she or the ADA's had ever faced a hurricane force financed like the law firm rep'ing AB.
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member