Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Coy B. says pants were on the remains? (From an earlier post)

Without the link handy, my recollection was that pants were found, but don't recall Coy or anyone else said they were ON the remains. JMO

On Fox just now, reporter in C'Ville says he was told by police source that they are "looking for clothing and a cell phone"

So maybe could mean there was no shirt found at scene or at JM's house...

Could be JM's clothing they are still looking for too.

There's no "obsession" with the command center. During a crime scene investigation, a command center is set up on location of the body. Coy Barefoot provided a body location that is a couple of miles from where the command center is set up. I'd like to know where he got his information.

This is the command center (where all necessary equipment for crime scene analysis is kept) for Morgan's crime scene. It is at the body location, not a couple of miles away.

That is not a command center. That is a crime scene team in action.

In the Long Island Serial killer suspected or analyzed cases, a woman ran out into the night out of fear, and men searched for her that night. She wasn't found for months. The authorities believe she died of exposure.

My point is, it's very dark and very easy to hide in these rural areas in the middle of the night with mature trees.

Jesse has refined his methods over time, but one thing he had to deal with is drugging, restraining, or locking the victims in during transport.
Someone bolts from that car and his night is radically different than his fantasy.

MOO.

We need to be reminded, that when it comes to our lives, we need to do whatever it takes to protect ourselves. I pray that we have learned something from Hannah's situation that will save one or more lives in the future.

Great points! I'm sorry that you're more anxious, glad you're more careful. Thanks

Thanks. I think it's weird that investigators in Virginia stage a crime scene command center 3 miles from the crime scene. That's not what they did when Morgan Harrington's remains were found, but perhaps they've change protocol and now it makes more sense to keep all the equipment, such as evidence collection bags, miles from the crime scene. If true, police will be driving back and forth all day long getting the equipment they need to do their jobs.

Is the "crime scene" at Ammonett Park (per Coy Barefoot) marked off with crime scene tape?

Otto, perhaps there is a command post where everyone and everything gathers (except those directly doing the crime scene investigation) and then there is a mobile command center at/on the crime scene property where the crime scene investigators retrieve their supplies. JMO

On Fox just now, reporter in C'Ville says he was told by police source that they are "looking for clothing and a cell phone"

So maybe could mean there was no shirt found at scene or at JM's house...

JMO but I'm convinced if they don't have her shirt already he must have had it at his apartment and ditched it when they seized his car. (I believe I recall the sequence events being Naming POI->seize car->search warrant for house.)

Im puzzled by buzzards being seen In October, and not sooner. My experience with hunting and otherwise with road kill, has been that scavenger birds typically show up within hours or a day or so later, not usually weeks later. Then again, perhaps the buzzards seen by the tipster could have been scavenging something different than a body on Oct. 6. A recent case in France showed buzzards eating a woman who fell from a cliff in 45 minutes to nothing but bones before rescuers could reach her. This could explain the reported condition of her remains.

I see where you are coming from otto, to me walnut branch seems more logical, my gut is screaming it. My gut can be as reliable as a chocolate teapot tho ;)

Chocolate teapot sounds pretty cool!

I don't believe Coy Barefoot. He definitely got the scoop on the night Hannah disappeared, but in this case, I think he jumped the gun.

• there's a dry creek bed in Walnut Branch Creek,
  • the creek is next to the command center,
  • aerial footage shows activity at Walnut Creek Park,
  • the command center moved farther into Walnut Creek Park,
  • searchers were at Walnut Creek Park when they checked nearby properties and an abandoned property,
  • there is a property on the road to Walnut Creek Park that is owned by the county finance department
  • Walnut Branch Creek runs behind the property that is owned by the county finance department
  • the command center is 3 miles from the location identified by Coy Barefoot
  • there is no aerial footage of activity near the location identied by Coy Barefoot

I guess you can infer from the article what you wish, but when I read it, I got that the "believed" part of the opening quote was a reference to the identity of the remains, and not the address. Judging from the context of the rest of the article, the address seemed not to be in question. JMO

It's clear that he is stating that the remains are "believed" to have been found at that location - which corresponds to the Ammonett Branch Creek location.

"The skeletal remains of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham are believed to have been found here, at 3193 Old Lynchburg Road— discovered in a dry creek bed behind this empty house, five weeks to the day since she was last seen."

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

I believe they have set up the command center at the walnut creek park so they can search out in the overall area. Up and down old Lynchburg road all the way to the house Coy mentions. Where else are you going to set up on that small winding road?

Great points! I'm sorry that you're more anxious, glad you're more careful (tini quibble, her name is Hannah, you may edit it, and I will delete this too.)

Thanks for pointing it out, fixed it! I think I, and perhaps most of us, need a reminder now and then that we need to always be aware of our safety and surroundings.

It's clear that he is stating that the remains are "believed" to have been found at that location - which corresponds to the Ammonett Branch Creek location.

"The skeletal remains of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham are believed to have been found here, at 3193 Old Lynchburg Road— discovered in a dry creek bed behind this empty house, five weeks to the day since she was last seen."

http://insidecville.com/blog/exclusive-where-hannah-was-found/

I respect your opinion, but since the remains have not yet been positively identified, I will stick with my interpretation of the read.

if reporters are showing up at PC's home asking about the property at 3193 Old Lynchburg Rd and she is replying with "no comment" then that would indicate to me that 3193 is the correct location.

Oh man,just got home and read where Hannah was found,laying in a dry creek bed,skull and bones wearing tight black pants.How does a parent even consume this kind of information.They would have to keep me sedated and under medical care.He just laid here there and took off.He did Morgan the same way.You better believe I will be keeping tabs on this trial.I hope it is televised for the world to see what a cruel,heartless predator he truly is.http://myfox8.com/2014/10/19/man-finds-remains-while-searching-for-hannah-graham-shares-what-he-saw/

I hope a crime writer attends the trial and writes a book about this monster. It's sad to know that JM walked among the community and nobody really suspected him. If not for the CCV nobody would know who abducted Hannah Graham.

That is not a command center. That is a crime scene team in action.

The "crime scene team" tents, described as a "Command Center" by NBC news, are the same as the "crime scene team" tents at Morgan's crime scene.

"New police Command Center location inside Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County at the beach access" (see photo at link).

https://twitter.com/NBC29

Attached Photos: "Crime Scene Team" tents, or Command Center Scene tents, for Morgan and for Hannah.

Attachments

• HG Comand Center 1.jpg
    HG Comand Center 1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 100
  • MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    MorganCrimeScene - Copy.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 85
Chocolate teapot sounds pretty cool!

I don't believe Coy Barefoot. He definitely got the scoop on the night Hannah disappeared, but in this case, I think he jumped the gun.

• there's a dry creek bed in Walnut Branch Creek,
  • the creek is next to the command center,
  • aerial footage shows activity at Walnut Creek Park,
  • the command center moved farther into Walnut Creek Park,
  • searchers were at Walnut Creek Park when they checked nearby properties and an abandoned property,
  • there is a property on the road to Walnut Creek Park that is owned by the county finance department
  • Walnut Branch Creek runs behind the property that is owned by the county finance department
  • the command center is 3 miles from the location identified by Coy Barefoot
  • there is no aerial footage of activity near the location identied by Coy Barefoot

3193 Old Lynchburg Road was the supposed address mentioned on the scanner on last night's post. The owner of 3193 was quoted as saying "We were told not to speak to the press". If there is nothing going on at her property then you say " You have the wrong address and there is nothing going on here Coy"

Hawes Spencer ‏@HawesSpencer 13m13 minutes ago
Just got back from Old Lynchburg Road. #HannahGraham Walnut Creek Park is Police command center.

View attachment 61662

Hawes Spencer ‏@HawesSpencer 7m7 minutes ago
This is as close as non-officials allowed to get to feared #HannahGraham body site:

View attachment 61661

https://twitter.com/HawesSpencer

Bigger pic http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img540/127/3DlC0C.jpg

That does not look like the driveway to the property identified by Coy Barefoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95