Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the FBI has now adopted 2 or more killings as the criteria for a serial killer - so he may already be there.

September 2005 --> http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

<BBM - read More>

Speaking of of Morgan Harrington- she was wearing a bracelet... WHERE is the bracelet or watch that Hannah was wearing, that can be seen in...hmm.. the hall videos/pics I think it is? ....there has been NO mention of that item!

LE must have found something with the remains to give them confidence it is HG. Perhaps the watch/bracelet or the diamond stud earrings she is seen wearing in many of the photos of her posted over time. It appears to me that in the photo of her in the hallway of her apartment/dorm on the night of her disappearance she is wearing those earrings.

You don't have to be found innocent. You are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law. So yes, legally, you are innocent if not found guilty.

BBM.

No, you aren't. Legally you are not guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty is a baseline for a trial to start from, it places a greater burden on the state than when indicting someone. If the state fails in their burden to present enough facts to convict and you are found not guilty you are acquitted of the charges. You are not presumed to be innocent.

I highly doubt any court would say O.J. or Casey Anthony were innocent. They would say "found not guilty" because there is a distinction. It's as if the evidence is on trial, and if the evidence is not strong enough for a conviction a not guilty verdict must be rendered. It says nothing of innocence.

I apologize to the mods and forum viewers for going into this, I just don't want the wrong information regarding the laws and criminal trial to be repeated.

As I noted in post #18 of this thread, 3193 was formerly the Mountainview Adult Assisted Living Center. They had their own FB page that was formed in June, 2010. We know that in 2012 JLM worked at Martha Jefferson Adult Assisted Living Center in Charlottesville, which is less than 30 mins away. There is every reason to suspect that he would have been aware of the 3193 location through his work if nothing else. It has been reported that he has family that lives less than 5 miles from there and he was reportedly very familiar with Old Lynchburg Rd, in which case it is likely that he would have noticed that the property was vacant. Throw in the possibility that he could have picked up or dropped off a resident there while driving his taxi, and we have many POSSIBLE connections. JMO, as always

Family lives less than 5 miles north ON Old Lynchburg Rd. He would have passed their home if he drove all the way from Charlottesville on Old Lynchburg Rd to the location of the remains!

September 2005 --> http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder

FBI Behavioral Analysis Unit-2
National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime
Critical Incident Response Group
Federal Bureau of Investigation

The different discussion groups at the Symposium agreed on a number of similar factors to be included in a definition. These included:

• one or more offenders
• two or more murdered victims
• incidents should be occurring in separate events, at different times
• the time period between murders separates serial murder from mass murder

In combining the various ideas put forth at the Symposium, the following definition was crafted:

Serial Murder: The unlawful killing of two or more victims by the same offender(s), in separate events.

<BBM - read More>

Thanks for covering my lazy butt with the cite!

We are all amateur sleuthers here(mostly,I know there are some pros) lets try to not second guess EVERY LE move-like the location of the command center. There are many things we do not, and should not know. When we're waiting for info. there is a tendency for idle speculation and endless what ifs .

It amazes me that a member can easily sum up my thoughts and opinions in just a few sentences and that when I post; it's so lengthy.

I don't want to repeat what I've stated already too many times. However, here goes anyway:

What is important to me at this point is the manner in which this investigation is handled by LE, for obvious reasons. I want this alleged murderer put away for the rest of his life. I would also love to hear about other assorted "things" done to this alleged murderer but I would violate the TOS explaining my ideas.

Great post thank you newshound6 :)

I wonder if he has used any other abandoned properties/structures in the past...

I just think that the USA is the USA, and your culture is what it is. You have television evangelists and drive-through every things. An extroverted culture.
I would find it extremely freaky if an Australian policeman said that in our media in an interview like that. I can see it being said further down the line in an in depth heart-to-heart interview on a talk show, but it did stun me when he said it so openly and easily.
God bless the USA. We have Freedom. We have dedicated men and women who serve our country in the military all over the world fighting for and protecting the freedom of other human beings. We are a great country and proud. Thanks for pointing that out.

Could a male skeleton be identified easily and quickly from a female? I noticed that Dashad was last seen wearing dark grey sweatpants... could the color of the pants darkened a bit these last two years? If he and Hannah were both 5'11", that could be a likely mix up, though I am not sure about how easily it would be to recognize male from female if its just bones.

The pelvic girdle, (in particular the angle at the base of the bones) is wider in females, and I believe that would be obvious to the trained eye of LE.

(You know, I was astounded/dumbfounded/amazed when certain things were revealed/ came out in court, as related to Jessica Ridgeway's case, even despite my close knowledge of the case. In other words, I think LE will keep a lot close to vest, as far as JM and the evidence they have against him (things seized from his residence, etc.), and I think what might come out it court could be, well, I don't know the word for it...jmo)

The pelvic girdle, (in particular the angle at the base of the bones) is wider in females, and I believe that would be obvious to the trained eye of LE.

Although it can be ambiguous, especially in younger people, athletic women, people who've had some kinds of chemo or radiation treatments, stuff like that. I doubt if any of that is in play here, but it's possible.

Just going to go out on a limb here and say:
I have a THEORY that JLM Jr has been the prime suspect on a very short list re: Morgan Harrington and possibly others for quite some time now. I suspect that LE has been looking into his background for a few years now yet had no way to legally acquire his DNA to submit it into CODIS. They needed for him to be charged with a felony which would allow LE to obtain a DNA collection, upon arrest.

IMO, they knew he was a cab driver in 2009, they likely knew about the previous dropped sexual assault charges at LU & CNU and they probably were keeping tabs on the vehicles he drove between 2009 and today. I'd be willing to bet that he was pulled over on all those vehicular offenses in the same way that RAT was pulled over so many times. IMO, I believe they were doing what was allowed, within the law, to keep tabs on JLM Jr and hope that he would screw up before another girl got injured.

Honestly, I believe he knew that LE was looking at him. IMO, he parked that junker of his almost practically right in front of the CPD HQTRS, on Sept 12th, 2014 out of shear defiance. If he abducted and murdered HG, he probaby got a big thrill out of doing it right under CPD's nose and parking lot cameras. (ALL IMO, of course)

I don't see a conspiracy or a neat little package to frame the big guy. I see LE stratagizing, developing and cataloging a case investigation on their prime suspect. When HG disappeared and CCV showed her on video at the DTM and then JLM Jr crosses right in front of the camera, LE saw him immediately and CPD went into high gear to track him down, get all the warrants and finally get this guy.

I think some of Longo's outrage was that JLM manged to do this almost right in front of the CPD HDQTRS.

We knew what you meant, J Block. Just ribbing ya.. When sleuthing such dark and tragic crimes as this, one has to occasionally post comments on the lighter side..
'Seems, that tapatalk and auto-correct may be my worst enema, at times too'..

lol...

Here is what I think: He is a serial killer. LE has WAY more info than we know. Any and all Press Conferences (including yesterday) have been carefully crafted to render information. Do you really think that LE "lost" JM by car? NO! They wanted him to lead them to Hannah or to other dump sites as he knew he was on the radar. We have , among other LE groups, the FBI! They know what they are doing and, in my opinion, are using a well-defined playbook to make certain that the best outcome of this happens. I , personally, think that Jesse Matthew is serial killer and is responsible for over 15 murdered/raped young girls. I hope that he confesses and then, he hangs.

(You know, I was astounded/dumbfounded/amazed when certain things were revealed/ came out in court, as related to Jessica Ridgeway's case, even despite my close knowledge of the case. In other words, I think LE will keep a lot close to vest, as far as JM and the evidence they have against him (things seized from his residence, etc.), and I think what might come out it court could be, well, I don't know the word for it...jmo)

Maybe the word is....BOMBSHELL!?

LOL I know I'm being irreverent. I'm tired and like other posters have said, this is the outcome I expected (assuming the remains are indeed Hannah's), and yet it's still like a stab to the heart. Such a lovely life snuffed out at another's dark whim. So inconceivable.

Morgan's bracelet was found and returned to her family. Her necklace has not been located, at least not that we know of. Perhaps it was found with Jesse's things.

or torn off/lost during the struggle...

Wondering here if JM is the "collector" type or not. I know many of you here seem to think so...

LE must have found something with the remains to give them confidence it is HG. Perhaps the watch/bracelet or the diamond stud earrings she is seen wearing in many of the photos of her posted over time. It appears to me that in the photo of her in the hallway of her apartment/dorm on the night of her disappearance she is wearing those earrings.

CNN reported: Sgt. Dale Terry of the Chesterfield Sheriff's Department and his small search team were finishing up for the day when they made the discovery.

Behind an abandoned home -- just eight miles from where Hannah Graham was last seen -- they found a skull and bones scattered across a creek bed, he told a local television station

"It was not buried, and its location was not far from the road," he told the station. "There was not any crushing of any bones. As far as skull, everything looked to be in tact to me."

Nearby was a pair of black pants, similar to ones Graham was wearing.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/20/us/hannah-graham-disappearance/index.html

Just going to go out on a limb here and say:
I have a THEORY that JLM Jr has been the prime suspect on a very short list re: Morgan Harrington and possibly others for quite some time now. I suspect that LE has been looking into his background for a few years now yet had no way to legally acquire his DNA to submit it into CODIS. They needed for him to be charged with a felony which would allow LE to obtain a DNA collection, upon arrest.

IMO, they knew he was a cab driver in 2009, they likely knew about the previous dropped sexual assault charges at LU & CNU and they probably were keeping tabs on the vehicles he drove between 2009 and today. I'd be willing to bet that he was pulled over on all those vehicular offenses in the same way that RAT was pulled over so many times. IMO, I believe they were doing what was allowed, within the law, to keep tabs on JLM Jr and hope that he would screw up before another girl got injured.

Honestly, I believe he knew that LE was looking at him. IMO, he parked that junker of his almost practically right in front of the CPD HQTRS, on Sept 12th, 2014 out of shear defiance. If he abducted and murdered HG, he probaby got a big thrill out of doing it right under CPD's nose and parking lot cameras. (ALL IMO, of course)

I don't see a conspiracy or a neat little package to frame the big guy. I see LE stratagizing, developing and cataloging a case investigation on their prime suspect. When HG disappeared and CCV showed her on video at the DTM and then JLM Jr crosses right in front of the camera, LE saw him immediately and CPD went into high gear to track him down, get all the warrants and finally get this guy.

I think some of Longo's outrage was that JLM manged to do this almost right in front of the CPD HDQTRS.

Interesting theory :). I love hearing everyone's thoughts! I think anything is possible here! jmo

Here's my take on the possibility of rapid decomposition :/ I'm a hour due south of C-ville. We hike in the general area year-round. There is plenty of vegetation (ferns/moss/humus/etc) that would naturally increase humidity levels in an already humid environment. I've seen both rapid decomp of animals and just last week saw a deer in the treeline that remained there untouched (albeit bloated) for 4 days!!

o/t a great great grandmother of mine was a Barefoot, North Carolina, Lumbee Indian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor