Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what I think: He is a serial killer. LE has WAY more info than we know. Any and all Press Conferences (including yesterday) have been carefully crafted to render information. Do you really think that LE "lost" JM by car? NO! They wanted him to lead them to Hannah or to other dump sites as he knew he was on the radar. We have , among other LE groups, the FBI! They know what they are doing and, in my opinion, are using a well-defined playbook to make certain that the best outcome of this happens. I , personally, think that Jesse Matthew is serial killer and is responsible for over 15 murdered/raped young girls. I hope that he confesses and then, he hangs.

Great post, jmo.

Just going to go out on a limb here and say:
I have a THEORY that JLM Jr has been the prime suspect on a very short list re: Morgan Harrington and possibly others for quite some time now. I suspect that LE has been looking into his background for a few years now yet had no way to legally acquire his DNA to submit it into CODIS. They needed for him to be charged with a felony which would allow LE to obtain a DNA collection, upon arrest.

IMO, they knew he was a cab driver in 2009, they likely knew about the previous dropped sexual assault charges at LU & CNU and they probably were keeping tabs on the vehicles he drove between 2009 and today. I'd be willing to bet that he was pulled over on all those vehicular offenses in the same way that RAT was pulled over so many times. IMO, I believe they were doing what was allowed, within the law, to keep tabs on JLM Jr and hope that he would screw up before another girl got injured.

Honestly, I believe he knew that LE was looking at him. IMO, he parked that junker of his almost practically right in front of the CPD HQTRS, on Sept 12th, 2014 out of shear defiance. If he abducted and murdered HG, he probaby got a big thrill out of doing it right under CPD's nose and parking lot cameras. (ALL IMO, of course)

I don't see a conspiracy or a neat little package to frame the big guy. I see LE stratagizing, developing and cataloging a case investigation on their prime suspect. When HG disappeared and CCV showed her on video at the DTM and then JLM Jr crosses right in front of the camera, LE saw him immediately and CPD went into high gear to track him down, get all the warrants and finally get this guy.

I think some of Longo's outrage was that JLM manged to do this almost right in front of the CPD HDQTRS.

I like your thinking, and I think to some degree, at least, you're correct. However, if this is all true, there were several fatal mistakes made along the way:

1. The case of assaulting the attorney on 6/4/09 was continued through 4/22/10 and then dropped. That was a potential chance to get him into CODIS.
2. They knew he was in his residence when they seized his car under the search warrant and yet he left and they didn't know where he was (according to LE).
3. He fled to Texas while under overt surveillance and no one knew where he was until a good samaritan in Texas recognized him and persisted, through two phone calls, to alert LE until she was taken seriously.

BBM:

Here's my take on the possibility of rapid decomposition :/ I'm a hour due south of C-ville. We hike in the general area year-round. There is plenty of vegetation (ferns/moss/humus/etc) that would naturally increase humidity levels in an already humid environment. I've seen both rapid decomp of animals and just last week saw a deer in the treeline that remained there untouched (albeit bloated) for 4 days!!

This makes sense to me, jmo. It appears to be so green and lush there.

I'd be willing to bet that he was pulled over on all those vehicular offenses in the same way that RAT was pulled over so many times. IMO, I believe they were doing what was allowed, within the law, to keep tabs on JLM Jr and hope that he would screw up before another girl got injured.

Hmmm, very interesting. I never thought of this. I have wondered if he's been on their radar, but I never thought of all those tickets. VERY interesting.

I used to think I'd make a good detective, but I say "I never thought of THAT" so often here I've decided for the sake of victims everywhere it's a good thing I chose a different career path.

CNN reported: Sgt. Dale Terry of the Chesterfield Sheriff's Department and his small search team were finishing up for the day when they made the discovery.

Behind an abandoned home -- just eight miles from where Hannah Graham was last seen -- they found a skull and bones scattered across a creek bed, he told a local television station

"It was not buried, and its location was not far from the road," he told the station. "There was not any crushing of any bones. As far as skull, everything looked to be in tact to me."

Nearby was a pair of black pants, similar to ones Graham was wearing.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/20/us/hannah-graham-disappearance/index.html

... Or the black pants. Although I guess I was thinking to myself that black pants are kind of generic and if it were me I'd want something more distinctive than that. But, maybe they were able to confirm brand/size with Hannah's parents.

It sounds like to me they need an industrial sized metal detector to search that whole area! (jewelry, phones, etc). I wonder if there is such a thing----it would be really tedious/a lot of work to search a large radius with one of the standard metal detectors...but with this amount of commitment by LE, it would not surprise me if they took the time to do this even with a small one if they thought it could be helpful, jmo.

Does anybody know the address of this abandoned house the remains were found behind?

BBM.

No, you aren't. Legally you are not guilty.

Innocent until proven guilty is a baseline for a trial to start from, it places a greater burden on the state than when indicting someone. If the state fails in their burden to present enough facts to convict and you are found not guilty you are acquitted of the charges. You are not presumed to be innocent.

I highly doubt any court would say O.J. or Casey Anthony were innocent. They would say "found not guilty" because there is a distinction. It's as if the evidence is on trial, and if the evidence is not strong enough for a conviction a not guilty verdict must be rendered. It says nothing of innocence.

I apologize to the mods and forum viewers for going into this, I just don't want the wrong information regarding the laws and criminal trial to be repeated.

So by this logic, you are telling us that once you become accused of a crime you can never again be considered innocent???
"Innocent until proven guilty" means you are innocent and stay innocent until it is proven you aren't. If that is never proven then you remain innocent.
Maybe I am not quite understanding what you are saying here...

BBM:

Hmmm, very interesting. I never thought of this. I have wondered if he's been on their radar, but I never thought of all those tickets. VERY interesting.

I used to think I'd make a good detective, but I say "I never thought of THAT" so often here I've decided for the sake of victims everywhere it's a good thing I chose a different career path.

Lol...

I'm sure you would have made a good detective. :)

BBM:
... Or the black pants. Although I guess I was thinking to myself that black pants are kind of generic and if it were me I'd want something more distinctive than that. But, maybe they were able to confirm brand/size with Hannah's parents.

And compare to the surveillance photos.

Black pants may still have label, fwiw, which perhaps her friends or parents could ID. Taller slim ladies clothes just a tad less common in current shopping world, my observation.

Edit..just read yr post Dragon, we're on same wavelength.

I like your thinking, and I think to some degree, at least, you're correct. However, if this is all true, there were several fatal mistakes made along the way:

1. The case of assaulting the attorney on 6/4/09 was continued through 4/22/10 and then dropped. That was a potential chance to get him into CODIS.
2. They knew he was in his residence when they seized his car under the search warrant and yet he left and they didn't know where he was (according to LE).
3. He fled to Texas while under overt surveillance and no one knew where he was until a good samaritan in Texas recognized him and persisted, through two phone calls, to alert LE until she was taken seriously.
I totally agree except the assault charge happened before MH disappeared. I think when they didn't get the DNA in June or JUly 2009 they lost the opportunity. The law has changed, in recent years, where DNA can be obtained just for being charged with a felony...I'm not certain but in 2009 there might have been a conviction requirement before LE had the ability to obtain a DNA Sample.

I do think they were happy for him to take off/flee LE and drive recklessly enough to be charged with putting others at risk. I'm not sure if those were felony charges but if they were LE finally had charges that would legally allow them to get the DNA Sample.

If LE had a clue that JM was the suspect in the Fairfax rape and MH murder, he would have been prosecuted in 2010 for the aggravated assault charge.. When receiving the traffic tickets, wouldn't his dna have been on the ticket books? JM was simply hiding in plain sight for years, preying on unsuspecting innocent victims, oblivious to LE.. JMO

Just going to go out on a limb here and say:
I have a THEORY that JLM Jr has been the prime suspect on a very short list re: Morgan Harrington and possibly others for quite some time now. I suspect that LE has been looking into his background for a few years now yet had no way to legally acquire his DNA to submit it into CODIS. They needed for him to be charged with a felony which would allow LE to obtain a DNA collection, upon arrest.

IMO, they knew he was a cab driver in 2009, they likely knew about the previous dropped sexual assault charges at LU & CNU and they probably were keeping tabs on the vehicles he drove between 2009 and today. I'd be willing to bet that he was pulled over on all those vehicular offenses in the same way that RAT was pulled over so many times. IMO, I believe they were doing what was allowed, within the law, to keep tabs on JLM Jr and hope that he would screw up before another girl got injured.

Honestly, I believe he knew that LE was looking at him. IMO, he parked that junker of his almost practically right in front of the CPD HQTRS, on Sept 12th, 2014 out of shear defiance. If he abducted and murdered HG, he probaby got a big thrill out of doing it right under CPD's nose and parking lot cameras. (ALL IMO, of course)

I don't see a conspiracy or a neat little package to frame the big guy. I see LE stratagizing, developing and cataloging a case investigation on their prime suspect. When HG disappeared and CCV showed her on video at the DTM and then JLM Jr crosses right in front of the camera, LE saw him immediately and CPD went into high gear to track him down, get all the warrants and finally get this guy.

I think some of Longo's outrage was that JLM manged to do this almost right in front of the CPD HDQTRS.

I agree that it may be possible he was known to LE as someone who was talked to during the MH disappearance, and that this would have immediately set off a radar as soon as they identified him on the video and realized this.

However, if they were as focused on him as you believe they would have found a way to get his DNA from his trash or something - which would not have required a search warrant.

EDIT: I realize VSP denied that he was interviewed about MH, but there are many reasons they could say that with it technically being true but still withholding information (i.e., what is considered an "interview", which LE agency talked to him, etc.)

Sounds like Sgt Terry revealed too much info in his interview. I was surprised at the information he revealed in that interview. I don't think investigators wanted all the detail leaked. JMO

I don't think ST meant to make that mistake if he did...I'm sure it was easy to get caught up in the excitement of his discovery and more than what he wanted to say just came out. He also might not have known that such details might be considered compromising to the case. I think he was just stating what he saw, bless his heart. jmo

I do not think LE had JLM on the short list for MH murder. If he was on short list, LE could have obtained dna by placing him under surveillance and testing a discarded straw or cig butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor