Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that part of a power line? It's part of the imagery associated with Albemarle County Gis map: http://gisweb.albemarle.org/Map/Viewer.aspx

The map without the structure is from 2009, the map with the structure is from 2013.
Looks like a ground turkey blind probably. you can get fancy camo ones, but a lot of people just use that black like landscape fabric and tack it up on some trees.

Here is an example
attachment.php

For example, looking down the hill, it is marked on the Google Earth here:

Otto, approximately how far is that large creek from the house? It seems to be quite a distance. I am having a hard time thinking the remains were found in that creek bed yet the vultures were close to the house and the remains were close to the road. Wouldn't the vultures have been perched in a tree closer to the creek if that's where the remains were found?

Since we have read that the bones were scattered I wonder if it is like in Caylee's case and they are trying to piece the bones back together and have missing pieces and are telling the investigators which bones are missing. The investigators could be searching for more remains. Didn't it take 3 weeks when they searched for as much of Caylee as they could find?:(

Although I don't think this is a long period of time especially in the condition she was found in. Didn't it take four days for them to announce it was Morgan when she was found?

It only took one day to identify Morgan's remains:
http://www.nbc12.com/story/11887685/update-body-found-on-farm-confirmed-as-morgan-harrington

"Using dental records, investigators confirmed today what her family already suspected, the remains found yesterday belong to missing Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington who disappeared in October."

For the past 5 weeks, I feel like we have heard something new about the case on an almost daily basis, even just a simple update. I think that LE in this case realized that they needed the public and the media's assistance, so they would release little tidbits to keep everyone engaged in the story. Hannah has likely been found, but I believe LE is still looking for people who can help their case. Therefore, do you think that we will continue to get new info (even if it is miniscule) in this case? If it all stops, the case will fade out of the news...LE said back on October 5, about a week after the Morgan connection was made public, that tips were slowing down. It just took a tiny lull in coverage. The case needs to be in the news for tips to continue coming in at a fast rate, and it will stay in the news as long as the media has something to report, no matter how small. I wouldn't be surprised if this case continues to stay active in the media for the foreseeable future.

So... I've been able to see the gate by itself, with circles and arrows and big lines around it, magnified, clarified, zoomed, and from all different angles. But I've lost track of what the significance of the elusive/obvious (depending on who is looking) gate. Can anyone help?

:eek:ddsmiley:

They can and sometimes things can take a while. Yet with the description in the reports of how the remains looked, I may truly be surprised to learn it is Hannah unless it's Hannah's remains as well as those of another.
Stopped lurking for a moment. There as been a lot of talk about the condition the remains were in so I looked up body decomposition and this may help explain. Please note it is graphic so if squeamish, may not want to read. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070804095320AAabFgu I still keep hanging on to any shread of hope that HG is tucked away somewhere, alive, waiting for someone to find her. If not, I do hope these are her remains so her poor family can have some closure. I hate this, so sad.

If you go to google street map and "drive" down the street to the cottage, there is a mailbox in front of the cottage and the cottage has its own driveway too (which is more secluded and I think that's where he pulled his car in). jmo

I tend to agree, especially now that we know it's actually the cabin with the address of 3193 and not the main house.

I see lots of theories about the killer hiking to the body site from the park. Unless I'm mistaken, the Google Street View shows the park has a gate on the entrance road. So are people thinking he carried her a pretty good distance in the woods in the daytime when the park was open? Otherwise, even assuming the gates were open, it'd seem clumsy to carry a body that far in the dark on trails. I'd think it was much more likely he just pulled in the driveway and possibly around to the backyard.

So... I've been able to see the gate by itself, with circles and arrows and big lines around it, magnified, clarified, zoomed, and from all different angles. But I've lost track of what the significance of the elusive/obvious (depending on who is looking) gate. Can anyone help?

:eek:ddsmiley:
Skigirl, there was some speculation as to whether he perhaps parked off the road at that gate and entered into the woods through there. There was concern by some users that the occupied houses near the house that the remains were found could potentially see him go onto the property. In short....other entry points to that area were being explored.

I am a new poster but I have been lurking a lot. With regard to the identification of these remains, IMO, maybe, just maybe there will be an announcement in the MH case similar to yesterday's announcement in the RG/Fairfax case, and then they will provide some confirmation in this case. Again, JMO.

I tend to agree, especially now that we know it's actually the cabin with the address of 3193 and not the main house.

I posted on Saturday with that theory and I still think it is the more likely scenario, just with the cover of trees providing a little extra protection from view.

Skigirl, there was some speculation as to whether he perhaps parked off the road at that gate and entered into the woods through there. There was concern by some users that the occupied houses near the house that the remains were found could potentially see him go onto the property. In short....other entry points to that area were being explored.

Thanks so much. I too had lost track of why the gate was being discussed!

I don't know the details but in the county I am in, (east of charlotteville) there are farms that consist of 100's of acres, with in those acres are parcels/lots that are subdivided, not all the lots have a home on them and not all the lots within the parcels are i the same name. If I am not mistaken it is done to not lose the whole farm. Also in this area it is legal to land lock someone from accessing property on the other side. In the case of water, streams/creeks/rivers and even branches are very important in this area when dividing property, animal access to water is why division lines are at the waters edge. I live in a rent house on a large farm, over 400 acres and looking at the maps the two homes, farmer & ours are on the same property but have 2 addresses. The soil/dirt here is pretty much the same as there, clay... heavy clay. It is not friendly to lots of flowers and it is hard to dig, in the area you will see lots of potted plants. :) Because of the clay the rain tends to run off and sit on the surface of the ground for a bit. I don't think this victim was buried but left to the elements, because of the area the vultures and the smell, (if there was one noticed) would not be alarming. Just last week hubby and I both caught the odor of decomp for a couple days here and there as the wild blew, but because this is a cattle farm and there are coyotes, bobcat, fox, and groundhogs it is not unusual to smell that smell. Mind you human decomp is not the same, it is still the smell of death. With that said it seems the remains would have been ID'd by now. jmo idk

Gosh, if you google "hannah Graham backroad" it seems to be the new story. I think that the dry creek bed has been surplanted

Isn't OL Rd considered a backroad? Or is there another smaller road anywhere near the park or behind the property?

I was thinking the same since dental ID does not take long, and LE most certainly had Hannah' Dental x rays right at hand just in case with all the time that had gone by since she was reported missing. However, MH's ID, done by dental records initially also took 4 days after the find, at least the announcement to the public of the match.

Jamicat, (TN)Holly Bobo's dental ID took only one day after her discovery in the forest by ginseng hunters. She had been missing for over three years.
The TBI Director Mark Gwyn held a press conference at 10PM the next day at the Decatur County Courthouse to announce the identification of the skull/partial remains found.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/breaking/Remains-story-DRAFT-274422381.html
<sniped - read more>

By WBBJ 7 Eyewitness News Staff
Story Created: Sep 8, 2014
DECATURVILLE, Tenn. -- Human remains found in Decatur County Sunday morning belong to Holly Bobo, the TBI has confirmed at a news conference.

The TBI held the conference in Decaturville following an announcement late Monday.

Can someone locate and repost an aerial picture (not google map) of the search area again? It was posted yesterday during the discussion of crime scene tape, staging, property boundaries, and creek beds and before the gates, staple, and vulture discussions. There were 2 pictures that had LE/forensic vehicles, white objects, and views of the surrounding woods. I wanted to mention something about the picture, but this forum has moved way too fast for me to locate it now! Thanks!

pa
https://mobile.twitter.com/Sydney8news/status/524540690458767360

Just spoke w/ #RVA Medical Examiner's Office: ID on human remains in #HannahGraham case still "to be determined" Results could come any day
8:40am - 21 Oct 14

Thanks

Jesse Matthew Indicted In 2005 Fairfax, Virginia Rape
Oct 21, 2014 8:25 AM EDT [text]
By WRIC Newsroom
Parker Slaybaugh (himself) & Kristen Smith reporting [info rich, sorry if repeat]
http://www.wric.com/story/26832286/jesse-matthew-to-be-indicted-in-2005-fairfax-rape

Isn't OL Rd considered a backroad? Or is there another smaller road anywhere near the park or behind the property?

OL Rd is the "backroad" they are referring to in the article IMO.

My mind keeps going back to the description of Hannah given by the "Abby" who was the checker at Tempo and one of the last people to see Hannah alive. THat description is of someone failing, in terms of being able to stand on own, not at all of the young woman we see on the video footage within an hour of that time who is walking stridently, even running and not on the verge of collapse, not needing physical support. Why would a predator who has his prey right in his arms waste another 15-20 at least, stopping at a place like Tempo and buy 2 drinks when he could have gone straight to his car with her. When you know he wants to do something, right away, the juices are flowing, the urges are there? Why would he spend over $15 on the spot? And she would probably very gratefully drink down a cold beer. She'd be thirsty from all that running, walking and be a bit dehydrated from drinking earlier. One more beer after all that time of running around from an upscale place like Tempo from someone who offered her home certainly sounded just fine. So I think something was likely in that beer and that JM had a perfectly easy ride and perfectly compliant victim. Makes it even more horrible, more demonic that he's kill her when he's done. He could have taken her back to town, left her off in a back alley somewhere alive to wake up with no memory or a vague memory of what happened, and maybe just left things as that.

I posted yesterday in the "What we know" thread puzzling why JM would take Hannah to Tempo and expose himself to the risk of witnesses seeing them together and reporting it to the police. He probably learned from the 2005 attack that the blitz and drag method didn't work so well and also that MH fought for her life and so he adapted his plan to provide maximum privacy and a compliant victim. I think once he made contact with Hannah on the downtown mall (oblivious to the video cameras which would be the ultimate key evidence) he needed to get Hannah something to drink so he could drug her with Rohipnol or whatever else he had. I'm imagining he comes up behind her and asks her if she wants to party with him. She says she's trying to get home and he says he'll give her a ride. He's a taxi driver and will take her but first let's have a drink. It would explain why she appeared to the witness, Abby(?), at Tempo to be slumping against JM as he led her to his car when she should have been sobering up a little. This way, he has an incapacitated and compliant victim in his car, which is what he had planned all along. It was just wrong place, wrong time for Hannah. I'm curious as to where someone would by Rohipnol in CV. Do most drug dealers have it to sell? Horrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member