Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe JM is talking until he understands all charges against him...I believe it is RAT who is ratting out.

Can anyone give an example of a case where someone with an attorney made a plea deal--information in exchange for life in prison rather than the death penalty--and then the legal system went ahead and gave them the death penalty anyway?

Not a death penalty, but Randy A. Taylor, who was sentenced to 2 life-terms for the murder of Alexis Murphy, offered to reveal where her body was in exchange for a 20-year term instead. Alexis' family said no, we will not bargain with a murderer. So, in addition to the prosecution and judge, I believe the victim and family have a say.

o/t That may be what it meant at some point in the past, but people have used "take it with a grain of salt" to mean "take it with a bit of skepticism" for many many years now.

I think we are being "as-salted" by so many theories on the "grain of salt" meaning....

:giggle:

I think we are being "as-salted" by so many theories on the "grain of salt" meaning....

:giggle:

I agree, I'm a salt-of-the-earth kinda guy and all of this is over my head.

I cant take the "pun"ishment.

I don't think anyone would argue that he might try to broker information to get out of the DP, but he would be foolish to do it before he had any idea what the have on him.

But if he's guilty, he would know what is coming.

There have been many behaviors by LE lately that lead me to believe that they are playing a game of hot and cold with JM. LE has made many scripted moves. I'm sure they have learned a lot.

The interview with the person who was across from JM in holding said that JM did a lot of pacing. I think he's nervous. He may also be foolish. He may not be obediently listening to his attorney. SKs are arrogant and known to often have combative relationships with their attorneys.

It's too early to tell exactly what's going on, but I believe there is a lot going on behind the scenes that doesn't have anything directly to do with the search.

I don't understand why JL would be talking. What would he say, "I'll tell you about all these other murders if you don't indict me on any of them?"

Maybe he's telling a version of the story that he thinks will vindicate him.

When they got the DNA from MH's shirt, they entered it, and got the match to the Fairfax rape. So, I would wonder why the profile collected on the AM case wasn't also entered for possible matches? If the DNA was JM's, it would have linked to those other cases. Am I missing something on that? If they didn't run it, well that's not a good thing........

Again, they did not recover the DNA they used for the match from MH's shirt, the DNA was discovered with her remains.

Why is anyone thinking this is not Hannah?

Just because they're not letting out information?

I would not take a lack of new forthcoming information from authorities to mean it was another girl wearing pants like Hannah was last seen wearing.

'

But if he's guilty, he would know what is coming.

There have been many behaviors by LE lately that lead me to believe that they are playing a game of hot and cold with JM. LE has made many scripted moves. I'm sure they have learned a lot.

The interview with the person who was across from JM in holding said that JM did a lot of pacing. I think he's nervous. He may also be foolish. He may not be obediently listening to his attorney. SKs are arrogant and known to often have combative relationships with their attorneys.

It's too early to tell exactly what's going on, but I believe there is a lot going on behind the scenes that doesn't have anything directly to do with the search.

Do you have a link to that interview? I think I missed it.

Will investigators be able to tell if any sort of cleaning fluids, etc were recently placed around the search site? And as I type this, I wonder if heavy rains washed them away.

Also do we know how many nights he spent on the beach in TX? I'm trying to piece together a timeline of when he actually left VA.

I would not take a lack of new forthcoming information from authorities to mean it was another girl wearing pants like Hannah was last seen wearing.

'

I guess because the advanced stage of remains found are skeletonized with no hair or tissue which is unusual for only 35 days at the time they were found.

If it isn't Hannah, then LE will so say, and more searches for Hannah would likely start up. It took 4 days for MH's ID to be announced. And this was a Saturday find. If LE doesn't announce by the end of the week, it starts getting suspicious to me. Unless she did not go to a dentist or the dental records were not available. Yes, I know some folks who have never had dental exrays done, or just done of their molars Unlikely for someone of Hannah's background but possible.

I agree, Im older then Hannah by a few years and I have only been to the dentist once since i was a little kid lol
I went there for the first time last year and was panicked I was going to be lectured! But they said they were fine, I got one molar at the back xrayed, they came back and said its fine and i could go.

'
Simply because of the decomp rate, and the fact that a lot of media sources have retracted statements saying it is presumed Hannah. They are going with a more conservative approach now. As for me, I don't know. We will have to wait and find out.

I guess because the advanced stage of remains found are skeletonized with no hair or tissue which is unusual for only 35 days at the time they were found.

This.

(Although I know it's been debated)

Does anyone know how DNA matching works?
In my mind, it's like it was shown to be on Dexter. The information gets put into the computer, someone presses ENTER, and the computer runs through looking for a match. It seems if it were that simple, it would take 10 minutes to run JM against the AM file.

How does it really work?[emoji5]

The matching stage can indeed be very quick. But first they have to extract the DNA. That's the part of the process that can take a while.

When they got the DNA from MH's shirt, they entered it, and got the match to the Fairfax rape. So, I would wonder why the profile collected on the AM case wasn't also entered for possible matches? If the DNA was JM's, it would have linked to those other cases. Am I missing something on that? If they didn't run it, well that's not a good thing........

We know that LE is only allowed to gather a felon's DNA, but can they gather other DNA with a warrant?
It was DNA on a drink straw that caught the serial rapist - but was a warrant involved, or was the witness/victim's testimony enough for the 'capture' of that DNA.

Will investigators be able to tell if any sort of cleaning fluids, etc were recently placed around the search site? And as I type this, I wonder if heavy rains washed them away.

Also do we know how many nights he spent on the beach in TX? I'm trying to piece together a timeline of when he actually left VA.

They did take cleaning supplies from his house during the search warrant, so that is a good thing for comparison purposes of what may be in the vacant house. I don't know the answers to your other questions.

Fairfax, Charlottesville and Albemarle County all have charged Matthew since September, and all have five months to get Matthew to trial.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26850202/clock-ticks-for-jurisdictions-prosecuting-jesse-matthew

In Virginia, no single type of charge takes precedence over another.

I am thankful for this, I look at cases in Canada, where it seems like it takes years to come to trial & no information is released. I think the families of the victims deserve a quick resolution, even though it will not lessen their grief. My thoughts & prayers are with Hannah's family, as well as the families of other missing & murdered children.

Along the same lines as above. I'm in my 30's and never had a cavity. This case had me thinking so I called my orthodontist today. They had not saved my X-rays. So even though I had a checkup last year I'm going to have them make xrays. My dentist doesn't do xrays if no visible signs of tooth decay or cavities.

Along the same lines as above. I'm in my 30's and never had a cavity. This case had me thinking so I called my orthodontist today. They had not saved my X-rays. So even though I had a checkup last year I'm going to have them make xrays. My dentist doesn't do xrays if no visible signs of tooth decay or cavities.
Interesting. Do xrays have to be recent to match, or can it be any age xrays of adult/second set teeth?
Any dentists here? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member