Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to that interview? I think I missed it.

“I was 30 feet away,” the man said. For a while, he could hear Matthew through a small opening in the cell door used for passing food to those locked up, talking to a jail staffer in a voice that was higher-pitched than expected. “He was pacing a lot, and he seemed to be only wearing a brown blanket around his waist. He was asking for a shower, and saying he hadn’t gotten one since he got here.”

http://www.c-ville.com/jail-witness...-search-hannah-graham-continues/#.VEbk9CKK9_A

We know that LE is only allowed to gather a felon's DNA, but can they gather other DNA with a warrant?
It was DNA on a drink straw that caught the serial rapist - but was a warrant involved, or was the witness/victim's testimony enough for the 'capture' of that DNA.

Once you "abandon" your DNA so to speak, no warrant is needed because there are no privacy/search/seizure concerns. In the serial rapist case, he threw away a straw iirc so it was trash left out in public. Free for anyone to take. This is why I was perturbed by the fact that the taxi driver angle was not followed up on more thoroughly, or at least it doesn't appear it was. If they had interviewed all licensed taxi drivers in Cville in 2009, I really don't think that many would have matched the sketch. I think Matthew is a ringer for the sketch and he then spent the next five years leaving his DNA all over bars in Cville.

Why is anyone thinking this is not Hannah?

Just because they're not letting out information?

I would not take a lack of new forthcoming information from authorities to mean it was another girl wearing pants like Hannah was last seen wearing.

'

I would think that after a girls favorite pair of jeans, (blue denim) that black would be the go to color, no? I know from working a few waitress jobs that they required black as the pant color. I know in the day when I used to go out and about, black pants and any top with my wedge candies,<(shoes)and I was ready. :) disco...disco duck:genie: :). IDK I'm thinking lots of girls like black pants, besides iirc black has that slimming effect.

Thanks for the responses.

I suspect the condition is due to the open exposure of the location and the intermittent movement of water, along with scavengers.

I've seen time elaspsed photography of a deer being skeletonized in 4 days.

I thought the extensive searching and resources is due to the fact they know JM is a predator and has been doing this very thing for some time.

MOO

We know that LE is only allowed to gather a felon's DNA, but can they gather other DNA with a warrant?
It was DNA on a drink straw that caught the serial rapist - but was a warrant involved, or was the witness/victim's testimony enough for the 'capture' of that DNA.

I'm not saying they would have an ID on the owner of the DNA, but that the DNA matched another anonymous sample on file. When they entered profiles from the MH case and from the Fairfax case, they didn't know whose DNA it was, but they found a match. If they have DNA from the scene of AM's murder, I'm wondering why that wasn't entered to see if there was a match to any other unsolved crimes with DNA evidence. Does that make sense?

Interesting. Do xrays have to be recent to match, or can it be any age xrays of adult/second set teeth?
Any dentists here? :)

I'm not a dentist, but I don't think any recent technology is required to make a positive ID. Back in 1969, when Hurricane Camille blew through Nelson County in the middle of the night, many people died in mudslides and flooding. My neighbor, a Nelson County dentist, was called in to identify many bodies using records from his practice. That was 45 years ago, so not sure about the frequency of X-rays way back then, or of the amount of time those records were kept.

ETA: I have not seen any pictures of Hannah as an adolescent or kid, but from the many, many photos of her beautiful, adult face, she had absolutely perfect teeth. Usually, those kinds of smiles are only obtained with braces. If that's the case, there are bound to be all kinds of x-rays and even molds of her palate and teeth. :(

How much/how frequently does JLM have access to his lawyer? I doubt LE can play too many games with info when his lawyer can tell him they're bluffing.

I guess because the advanced stage of remains found are skeletonized with no hair or tissue which is unusual for only 35 days at the time they were found.
Is there another thread or info here that mentions the clothing of another missing female i.e. black pants? I would like to read up on some of the other cases in this area as well. TIA

I think it's safe to say that he knows he's not a good Christian, not if he's running around raping & murdering people. But your 2nd sentence is quite true.

Some Muslims behead and stone people to death in the name of their god and think they are all the more righteous for doing so. It's possible in some sick and twisted way that JM thinks he's "punishing" his victims in accordance with some twisted vision of religion. IMO, I think he's just a worthless who rapes and murders women - I don't want to give him the satisfaction of thinking he might be "crazy"and therefore have an excuse to get away with murder. If you have the mental capacity to commit the crime, IMO, you should suffer the consequences of your actions...

Just jumping off your post....

could JM have "placed" HG in one of RT's "dumping" grounds... To try to make it look like RT was the killer... Or at least to confuse (commingle) the evidence?

Have killers been known to do this?

:dunno:

It wouldn't surprise me. JMO but he probably put MH's shirt on the bush to deflect LE.

Interesting. Do xrays have to be recent to match, or can it be any age xrays of adult/second set teeth?
Any dentists here? :)

Good question. I have no idea. I would think it could be any xray of fully developed adult teeth.

Is there another thread or info here that mentions the clothing of another missing female i.e. black pants? I would like to read up on some of the other cases in this area as well. TIA

Do you think pants could turn black, or look black, after being left out or been in damp or muddy ground? Maybe mildewed?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the constitutional right to a speedy trial (in some states 120 days) only exercised if demanded by the defendant? Your post didn't word it that way which is why I'm asking. Most trials don't take place within that time frame as it's usually not in the best interest of the defendant to rush to trial, IMO

I can only speak to our statute which I posted earlier. Our statute does not require that the defendant make a demand for a speedy trial. There is a mandatory time frame for case to be tried or it is dismissed. One of the exceptions to the requirement is a request for a continuance made by defendant. Depending on the case, a defendant may be happy for the prosecution to have to get its act together in a short time frame. That is one of the reasons you see very thorough investigations before charges are brought. It was also the reason, imo, for the unprecedented search effort for Hannah Graham.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+19.2-243

http://www.bdtonline.com/news/article_014f083a-5965-11e4-b67d-67a03ffc3f40.html

Does that mean Jesse L. Matthew Jr. will now face charges in the 2009 killing of Morgan Harrington?
Harrington’s mother said Tuesday she hasn’t heard from Virginia State Police investigators on their next step in her daughter’s case.
“I am always the last to find out about something,” Gil Harrington said in an interview.
Harrington contrasted the stealthy state police approach to the tack taken by Charlottesville Police Chief Timothy Longo, who has been the public face in the search for Hannah Graham, the U.Va. student who disappeared Sept. 13.

(snip)
Gil Harrington, who with her husband, Dan, has worked to keep her daughter’s unsolved case in the public eye, said she has not been told by state police whether they will seek charges against Matthew.
“Virginia State Police are really a very closed shop,” Harrington said. “Their culture and their approach is really different from Chief Longo. He’s really collaborative in the way he utilizes and engages with the media.”

Nowhere near as stealthy as the Fairfax police :)

(from TxJan1971 on the 2005 thread.)
I had missed this on pg 2. In case someone hasn't seen it.

http://www.bdtonline.com/news/article_014f083a-5965-11e4-b67d-67a03ffc3f40.html

"Matthew's attorney, James L. Camblos III, said Tuesday he will not be representing Matthew in the Fairfax rape and abduction case. He also declined to say whether he told his client that the remains found Saturday are suspected of being Graham&#8217;s."

I'm not saying they would have an ID on the owner of the DNA, but that the DNA matched another anonymous sample on file. When they entered profiles from the MH case and from the Fairfax case, they didn't know whose DNA it was, but they found a match. If they have DNA from the scene of AM's murder, I'm wondering why that wasn't entered to see if there was a match to any other unsolved crimes with DNA evidence. Does that make sense?
That is a good question. The unknown DNA they have from the beer bottle in RATs trailer and the car DNA would have linked to the Fairfax rapist if it was JMs, yes? Hadn't thought about that...
Or do they have to specifically run it for a match, and they didn't run it for some reason?

Oh wow, go to Fox now- they have cameras inside JM's house coming up

Just jumping off this post, but JM has everything to gain by cooperating. Depending on the relatives of missing people, all involved might be willing to take the DP off the table to get resolution on the whereabouts of their loved ones. Chelsea King's parents said OK to taking the DP off the table so that Gardner would talk and Amber Dubois's parents could get back their daughter's remains. If this guy was guilty or party to other missing people, I can see them taking the DP off the table to find the remains of several people and close those cases.

This is odd timing. I'm heading over to Alexis and RATs threads.

I too was thinking the timing was odd then stumbled upon this:

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/21/nelson-county-officials-plan-new-search-for-missing-teen-alexis-murphy/

Do you think pants could turn black, or look black, after being left out or been in damp or muddy ground? Maybe mildewed?

Usually clothing loses its color after being exposed to sun but we don't know exactly where they were located, and if sun was a factor. I would have expected them to look more grey than black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010