Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why not??

No idea. I can see not releasing details of the autopsy report, but they should at least release the identification at the first oppty - a lot of people have spent a lot of time trying to help find Hannah, not just LE, and the vacuum is being filled with unease.

In most cases, identification is done "quickly", like 24 hours - they can, and should, withhold any information that might jeopardize the case - but if there's one person who knows whether that body is HG, it's JM.

Edit: quickly overcome by events - a written statement will apparently be released, certainly adequate to the task.

AlbemarleCoPolice ‏@AlbemarleCoPD 11m11 minutes ago
Media: For your planning purposes, there will NOT be a press conference to announce the ME's findings. We will release a written statement.

That actually makes sense. The pressers take a lot of time and planning and by releasing a statement the LE officials can avoid answering any questions or even having the public hear the questions that the press might ask

Maybe they are searching in hopes of finding something nearby with JM's DNA, i.e his clothing or more of hers, if DNA was not available on the remains, other than Hannah's. I doubt the delay means this is not Hannah. They may not feel a need to rush an announcement since they believe the perp is behind bars. Jmo

They will release the identification. They will just do it with a statement, not a PC.
I believe (sorry to repeat) that this means it is clearly HG.

No idea. I can see not releasing details of the autopsy report, but they should at least release the identification at the first oppty - a lot of people have spent a lot of time trying to help find Hannah, not just LE, and the vacuum is being filled with unease.

In most cases, identification is done "quickly", like 24 hours - they can, and should, withhold any information that might jeopardize the case - but if there's one person who knows whether that body is HG, it's JM.

Great minds think alike! I just posted that at the same time as you...lol
For some reason this worries me that it may not be HG or a known missing ...getting anxious and impatient ..tic toc tic toc[emoji15]

For some reason this worries me that it may not be HG or a known missing ...getting anxious and impatient ..tic toc tic toc[emoji15]

Yeah, for what ever reason they don't want to be bombarded by questions. I think it could go either way though.

I wonder why not??

I think they are just done with the case now, and have handed it over the the back room and the DA's office. They've expended a lot of resources on this case, and probably have a lot of catch up to do on other things THey don't need anything any more from the public. THey have Hannah, they have JM and probably sufficient evidence to get what they need, to at least put him a way for the rest of his life. Costs money, takes a lot of time to prep for PCs. Also don't want to say anything that could compromise the case, so a prepared statement looked over by legal is the safest way to go.

The "dirt road" (as posted before) along with what is possibly more of it very close to the site (marked in purple).

View attachment 61880

In the top right side of this picture I see what appears to be an abandoned vehicle?, lots of people that have lots of land will abandon vehicle on their property, there is a school bus on this farm with other broke/disabled vehicles/farm equipment in the woods out back, I can't see it from here or on google maps, I can see stuff but I can't make it out and that's knowing what is there. Anyway if you see abandoned vehicles in the woods there's a good chance that it is left not far from a road. jmo

The USGS topo map (which should be pretty darn accurate) shows the creek location coming very close to Old Lynchburg Road. Our site marked with red arrow:

View attachment 61883

Yes, on a topo map it DOES look close, however, on the aerial shots showing the houses and trees, vehicles, roads, etc. the distance looks quite a bit further. If OLR is say 20' wide, that alone would make the Ammonett Creek much more than 150' away from the small cabin. At least that's how I see it. The reason I say that is because he may very well have come up that back road (that you have shown in the trees) and pulled up right by the cabin. That makes sense on many levels. I don't think the "dry creek bed" where the remains were found is the Ammosett Creek, but a creek bed much closer to the property.

I think they are just done with the case now, and have handed it over the the back room and the DA's office. They've expended a lot of resources on this case, and probably have a lot of catch up to do on other things THey don't need anything any more from the public. THey have Hannah, they have JM and probably sufficient evidence to get what they need, to at least put him a way for the rest of his life. Costs money, takes a lot of time to prep for PCs. Also don't want to say anything that could compromise the case, so a prepared statement looked over by legal is the safest way to go.

BBM If he is found guilty of this crime, as well as the death of MH that's nearly good enough IMO.He needs to be shown the same "mercy" he showed his victims and be made an example of to others with zero respect for innocent human lives.

Here's a really wide view of Google's aerial photo with the labeling for the creek. I have a two monitor computer setup and was able to stretch the map across both to capture it in a single screenshot. Note that the creek is just beyond the treeline at the field at the far right. This agrees with the USGS topo map that also shows it right along the wooded area (which they show as green). So, the previously mentioned "dirt road" is definitely beyond Ammonett Branch creek.

Graham-14.jpg

Yes, on a topo map it DOES look close, however, on the aerial shots showing the houses and trees, vehicles, roads, etc. the distance looks quite a bit further. If OLR is say 20' wide, that alone would make the Ammonett Creek much more than 150' away from the small cabin. At least that's how I see it. The reason I say that is because he may very well have come up that back road (that you have shown in the trees) and pulled up right by the cabin. That makes sense on many levels. I don't think the "dry creek bed" where the remains were found is the Ammosett Creek, but a creek bed much closer to the property.

I havent seen LE mention it was Ammonett Creek. In higher elevations especially, there are tons of dry run-off gullys that only fill with heavy rain or snow and then empty into the main creeks. This could be one of them and not actually a creek except in the broadest sense of the word.

In other words, it could actually be a "dry creekbed". One that only empties into Ammonett Creek when theres enough ground water or runoff.

My guess is because they still have a lot of searching to do to turn up additional evidence in this case.....and possibly many more cases as well.

If LE does have a serial killer on their hands, I expect them to be a lot more tight-lipped and completely by the book from here on out since they wouldn't want to be responsible for letting him walk free.

They may not have a press conference but I cannot see them refusing to confirm or deny if the body found is Hannahs.

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, The Albemarle Co PD' 1970s antiquated tight lipped investigative strategy of Silence is responsible for enabling sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew to remain stealth for years. Allowing him to prey on many more unsuspecting innocent victims.. Silence by ACPD/VSP was/is JM's most lethal weapon, imo...

"Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones.. We have nothing"...

I based it on Google's scale bar. I seriously doubt their scale bar is incorrect and their stream location seems to match pretty good with USGS's, though I haven't actually overlaid it.

<BBM for Focus>

Imo, The Albemarle Co PD' 1970s antiquated tight lipped investigative strategy of Silence is responsible for enabling sexual predator/serial killer Jesse Matthew to remain stealth for years. Allowing him to prey on many more unsuspecting innocent victims.. Silence by ACPD/VSP was/is JM's most lethal weapon, imo...

"Without public safety for our families, friends, and loved ones.. We have nothing"...

Though silence once the suspect is in custody makes sense. Too much silence when trying to find those responsible doesn't make sense. Longo has said on several occasions that this is a very "complex" investigation. I take that to mean that they are gathering an incredible amount of information that may very well link JLM to other crimes. They have to keep their ducks in a row and not be spilling information too readily at this point.

Also don't want to say anything that could compromise the case, so a prepared statement looked over by legal is the safest way to go.

Snipped by me. I think this is key. Plus, they already did a press conference telling us very clearly that they thought it was HG. No need to do another if they are pretty darn certain.

I havent seen LE mention it was Ammonett Creek. In higher elevations especially, there are tons of dry run-off gullys that only fill with heavy rain or snow and then empty into the main creeks. This could be one of them and not actually a creek except in the broadest sense of the word.

In other words, it could actually be a "dry creekbed". One that only empties into Ammonett Creek when theres enough ground water or runoff.

I don't think it was Ammonett, either, but one of the drainage patterns leading into it. From topo, it appears there could be several but the most obvious runs between the house and Ammonett. I understand it's unlikely Ammonett is dry.

I think the 2005 Fairfax case alone will be enough to put him away for life. They would be wise to spend a lot of effort on that one as well, since they have DNA and they have a victim to actually point a finger at him. I don't see any way of him weaseling out of that one.

BBM If he is found guilty of this crime, as well as the death of MH that's nearly good enough IMO.He needs to be shown the same "mercy" he showed his victims and be made an example of to others with zero respect for innocent human lives.

Has anyone changed the google image dates? I am om my phone or I would...im just thinking they may have captured a late fall or winter photo showing creeks and hidden objects better...just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak