Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Good point. I think that supports the idea that they are in the woods behind the house and in the house. Not in the yard. "

exactly.

Scanner Thread...can't tell if it's relevant since I got on in the middle of something!

I'm wondering if they have already found multiple bones, like say 3 femurs, that would make them think this could be a dumping ground.

All - I dont think this has been addressed - looking at the aerial shots of the crime scene (recent, not google) and taking note of the large amount of cars...count them....where are all those people that drove those cars???

In the woods, where we can't see crime scene tape. IMO.

I tracked down some different aerial photography from autumn or winter (no leaves on the trees!). The stream is definitely clearer on these photos. They're the same photo but one is zoomed in further.

Graham-15.jpg
Graham-16.jpg

I feel strangely proud of deciphering "Illinois, Oklahoma, Alabama." At least I have successfully sleuthed something today. Don't tell me if I am wrong, please.

You are absolutely correct! After I chose it and made my first post, I was afraid some would think it meant I was "A Local", LOL

That seems odd - the ME is tasked not only with identifying the remains but also trying to determine a cause of death - even if the cause of death was "obvious" i.e. a gunshot wound to the head. the ME would still be required to examine the remains in their entirety as well as collect any evidence that may be on the remains.

If the cause of death was believed to be strangulation would a skeleton, even intact, reveal those results?

The Fairfax victim was being strangled until the perp panicked.

LE may have reason to believe that MH was strangled as well?

If thats the case, then I dont see how an ME could make that determination.

You are absolutely correct! After I chose it and made my first post, I was afraid some would think it meant I was "A Local", LOL

Dang. That's exactly what I always thought....

I just don't even know how a parent wraps her head around the idea that her daughter went off to college and was murdered by a serial killer. It's so so so sad I can't hardly stand it....

I wonder how far out of a radius that LE might be expanding their search from the initial locale . It's probably not the only vacant/abandoned property along Old Lynchburg...

Weather forecast calling for significant rain starting later today and continuing tomorrow. That will cause some problems with the collection of evidence.

Thanks - I think it's safe to say it is not related to the search :)

If it is a septic tank cover, I hope LE check it just to be sure. A septic tank at an unoccupied home would be a handy place to dispose of a body or clothing, etc.

If it is a septic tank cover, I hope LE check it just to be sure. A septic tank at an unoccupied home would be a handy place to dispose of a body or clothing, etc.

So would a well. Someone JLM's size wouldnt have any trouble moving the cap by himself either IMO.

If the cause of death was believed to be strangulation would a skeleton, even intact, reveal those results?

The Fairfax victim was being strangled until the perp panicked.

LE may have reason to believe that MH was strangled as well?

If thats the case, then I dont see how an ME could make that determination.

I believe they can tell by whether the hyoid bone is fractured. I am not sure if that bone is not present if there is another way to determine strangulation.

Jmo and maybe OT but since they had DNA in Morgan's, reducing the chances of a false confession they can't get past, I hope they did release as much as they had as to possible suspects, i.e if a taxi driver really WAS seen with her and if there was a description of him, or even cause of death if it could have made someone out there come forward about an ex or BF with a tendency to strangle, etc...(just an example.) i have seen a lot of cases where exs testify about this after the fact (when someone else has been murdered or perp finally arrested) but wonder if some might have come forward sooner if LE had put some facts out there. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor