Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep remembering the video of JLM walking/hustling HG on the video tape. He's done this before... It was very professional and even the other guy who was initially worried about her was disarmed when he saw them together.

JLM seems to have had MUCH practice hustling vulnerable girls out to his plan...

He's a pro at it. I shudder to think of how many bodies they may find...

The hyoid bone may or may not be fractured in strangulations (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8934706), so the remains may not always reveal of the cause of death. It is possible to fracture the hyoid bone when being strangled and not die as a result of the strangulation. I don't know if the Fairfax victim would have had any x-rays done that might reveal whether her hyoid bone was fractured when JM attacked her.

I find it interesting that the officer who discovered the remains claimed the skeleton was in tact and now we're hearing reports that they were "scattered." Even if it is a situation where there are possible multiple victims' remains on the property, just sending a skull to the ME doesn't seem good protocol, especially considering that the ME is tasked with doing more than just determining identity.

That's not what the finding officer described. He didn't describe an intact skeleton at all. I don't have exactly what he said handy, but it's posted on this thread. IMO, he described it the same way it's being described by the media now. He used terms such as: long vertebrae, a skull, bones, and the bones didn't appear to be damaged/crushed but were intact (paraphrasing).

I just don't even know how a parent wraps her head around the idea that her daughter went off to college and was murdered by a serial killer. It's so so so sad I can't hardly stand it....

Agreed. It tears me up that HG had just tweeted about helping an alone drunk girl get to a bus and hashtagged #hoosgotyourback. #hoosgotyourback is a UVA campus sexual violence prevention effort. So ironic and so so sad.

I don't know the break down of law enforcement teams. Would Cville have enough forensic investigators to help sift through the mud and dirt? Or would more need to be brought in? (And I'm not even sure if they are called forensic investigators.) It seems an investigator would need to be hyper-trained for this sort of sifting work.

Agree! OT Does anyone recall if the FBI's profile was released regarding MH's killer? I've searched around for it, but cannot find one.
http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/201...an-harrington-killer/morgan-harrington_060412

(But should take any discussion of it to Morgan's thread)

People who know the suspect may not believe he is capable of committing such crimes. He may not have a violent criminal history. Because investigators have DNA evidence that can positively link the suspect to his crimes—or exclude innocent parties—the public should not hesitate to provide information.

I keep remembering the video of JLM walking/hustling HG on the video tape. He's done this before... It was very professional and even the other guy who was initially worried about her was disarmed when he saw them together.

JLM seems to have had MUCH practice hustling vulnerable girls out to his plan...

He's a pro at it. I shudder to think of how many bodies they may find...

Ugh. I want to leap through my computer screen, scoop Hannah out of that video, and run.

I don't know the break down of law enforcement teams. Would Cville have enough forensic investigators to help sift through the mud and dirt? Or would more need to be brought in? (And I'm not even sure if they are called forensic investigators.) It seems an investigator would need to be hyper-trained for this sort of sifting work.

I am guessing that given the indications that JM is a serial rapist/murderer, the FBI is calling a lot of shots. JMO.

Where are you other sleuthers checking for the written announcement from LE? I keep refreshing this page, knowing that WS will get the accurate news faster than most other places. And if I feel this anxious in waiting for the ME results, I can't even imagine how Hannah's family and friends must be feeling. It's heartbreaking and just so sad...To Hannah, there are many, many people thinking and praying for you and your loved ones. In your short life you practiced caring for others, and I for one will follow your example. #hoosgotyourback

I am guessing that given the indications that JM is a serial rapist/murderer, the FBI is calling a lot of shots. JMO.

I was wondering if they needed to bring in more investigators to really comb through the mud and terrain. Perhaps they already have.

FBI, I read too fast. I hope they have a lot of them there.

Investigators are looking in the Albemarle County area where human remains were found Saturday to see if it is a dumping ground for bodies, sources told CNN.

SNIP

Sources told CNN that skeletal remains are still at the crime scene. Once the rest of those remains are removed, investigators will dig several feet below to collect the dirt that was under the torso, CNN reports.

Investigators are scouring the area for more clothing and other potential evidence, sources said.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...uva-student-remains-found-albemarle/17665449/

Hello everyone, I have been following Hannah's case non stop since day one. I imagine the police statement will state its Hannah's remains. If not, I think they would hold a press conference if they were someone elses. JMO

Investigators are looking in the Albemarle County area where human remains were found Saturday to see if it is a dumping ground for bodies, sources told CNN.

SNIP

Sources told CNN that skeletal remains are still at the crime scene. Once the rest of those remains are removed, investigators will dig several feet below to collect the dirt that was under the torso, CNN reports.

Investigators are scouring the area for more clothing and other potential evidence, sources said.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...uva-student-remains-found-albemarle/17665449/

re-post article link

Where are you other sleuthers checking for the written announcement from LE? I keep refreshing this page, knowing that WS will get the accurate news faster than most other places. And if I feel this anxious in waiting for the ME results, I can't even imagine how Hannah's family and friends must be feeling. It's heartbreaking and just so sad...To Hannah, there are many, many people thinking and praying for you and your loved ones. In your short life you practiced caring for others, and I for one will follow your example. #hoosgotyourback

I am following the albemarle county police dept twitter page

Hello everyone, I have been following Hannah's case non stop since day one. I imagine the police statement will state its Hannah's remains. If not, I think they would hold a press conference if they were someone elses. JMO

I hope you are right, this has gotten way to long especially if its not her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member