Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's her and LE knows it, her family knows it and we will soon. The fact that they only took the skull tells me that they know it's her and probably others. They purposely left the rest of the remains because there's more there than they expected. If it were just Hannah they wouldn't need to leave anything would they? Another point, if they weren't sure it was her they would be planning additional searches asap.

I am guessing that given the indications that JM is a serial rapist/murderer, the FBI is calling a lot of shots. JMO.

And this is the guy everyone falsely believed was a gentle giant and could do no harm? Wow is it really that easy to coverup this kind of evil and function daily give the impression of a nice, caring person in a hospital and volunteering as a football coach at a Christian school? This just blows my mind. Do we really know anyone?

Madison Cummings’ property lies to the northeast of that intersection, and Ammonett Branch, fed by multiple springs, tumbles through his land as a gurgling creek with a steady flow. It might be little more than a gully at its headwaters near the investigation site—maps show that the small tributary runs for less than two miles from that spot before it empties into the South Fork of the Hardware River at Diggs Mill—but Cummings said his stretch of the stream has only run dry once in his 10 years there.

from http://www.c-ville.com/discovery-remains-new-charges-jesse-matthew-offer-hope-closure/#.VEaldlboboB

And this is the guy everyone falsely believed was a gentle giant and could do no harm? Wow is it really that easy to coverup this kind of evil and function daily give the impression of a nice, caring person in a hospital and volunteering as a football coach at a Christian school? This just blows my mind. Do we really know anyone?

We really don't.

I think it's her and LE knows it, her family knows it and we will soon. The fact that they only took the skull tells me that they know it's her and probably others. They purposely left the rest of the remains because there's more there than they expected. If it were just Hannah they wouldn't need to leave anything would they? Another point, if they weren't sure it was her they would be planning additional searches asap.

I can see them keeping the rest of the bones at the crime scene to make sure all or as many as possible of the scattered bones are accounted for. I would imagine each bone is inventoried as it is collected. They don't need the other bones for positive ID. JMO

This could possibly be Jesse Matthews hiding ground. ~

Investigators are looking in the Albemarle County area where human remains were found Saturday to see if it is a dumping ground for bodies, sources told CNN.

SNIP

Sources told CNN that skeletal remains are still at the crime scene. Once the rest of those remains are removed, investigators will dig several feet below to collect the dirt that was under the torso, CNN reports.

Investigators are scouring the area for more clothing and other potential evidence, sources said.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...uva-student-remains-found-albemarle/17665449/

Wow. Does this mean she was believed to be buried and has been uncovered?
What would the dirt tell us?
This article also states that it could takes weeks to identify the body, but we heard today from several sources that it will be identified today.

If I've learned one thing on WS, it is to never assume anything, no matter how logical it may seem.

Hello everyone, I have been following Hannah's case non stop since day one. I imagine the police statement will state its Hannah's remains. If not, I think they would hold a press conference if they were someone elses. JMO

Agreed! Welcome, fellow Hokie!

There's a website with older aerial photos but they're fairly useless. It also has older USGS topo maps. They have the images marked as being copyrighted but I don't think that could be legal since the maps were made by the government. I won't post them here unless somebody says it's okay.

Of some interest, the 1929 map shows the road went right about through the current house location. The 1945 map shows that older road as then being dirt with a new paved road at the current location. It also shows a dirt road going right about through the main house, across the creek and up the mountain. There were two structures a short distance up this dirt road. 70 years later, who knows if they're still there or not?! It also shows the stream different than today. It appears to follow what I've been thinking of as the dry creek bed. So, I feel pretty good that it probably is the current dry creek bed.

I might try to trace these in CAD so I can post them. If you want to try to find them yourself, here's the link:

http://www.historicaerials.com/

Someone yesterday posted the Albermarle county property records link (JohnTate maybe??). Very useful. There are certainly other vacant properties. As well as properties whose owners share unique last names with FB contacts of LJ (mods, please tell me if that is not okay to post).

If anyone has that link, can you post again?

http://gisweb.albemarle.org/GISWeb/Welcome.aspx

Where are you other sleuthers checking for the written announcement from LE? I keep refreshing this page, knowing that WS will get the accurate news faster than most other places. And if I feel this anxious in waiting for the ME results, I can't even imagine how Hannah's family and friends must be feeling. It's heartbreaking and just so sad...To Hannah, there are many, many people thinking and praying for you and your loved ones. In your short life you practiced caring for others, and I for one will follow your example. #hoosgotyourback

twitter, #HannahGraham

OT, I can't believe I recognized her voice after all this time. I was just typing away and then paused to see who was talking. I've never watched her show though.
What time/night does it air? Sorry for the OT.

I'm in the UK, I think what I watch are repeats of repeats, I've seen them all before. I'm not sure if she still has a current series, but I tend to watch the ID channel or CI at 2, 3, 4 am and they usually show episodes every now and again. Yes I know lol my husband thinks I'm strange too

This could possibly be Jesse Matthews hiding ground. ~

I think it is. It sickens me to think of all he's most likely done. I got so upset when they announced that remains were discovered I sent him a facebook message, like he'll ever have the chance to read that and I'm sure he wouldn't care if he read it.

Maybe they are using the trainees from Quantico, if they were ready to go as previously indicated.

Just a hunch, but if we hear something today, I expect it will be at the end of business day when news agencies are preparing/broadcasting the eveining news and it will be a press release. I would hope that LE would give the Graham family some time to contact family members if the remains are indeed Hannah. There is no reason for a PC as the investigation is ongoing. LE shifts will have changed by then....although I must assume that some will be working overtime behind the scenes. MOO

yes, we will get no presser. A press statement yes, presser no. Investigation too fluid right now. JMO

You are absolutely correct! After I chose it and made my first post, I was afraid some would think it meant I was "A Local", LOL

I have totally been thinking that all along.... LOL

I found this interesting to watch if you have the time. Might be a bit dated scientifically, but helps to clarify the good guy/bad guy thing a bit.

The Mind of a Killer: Case Study of a Murder
digital.films.com/play/GRRFZJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members