Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Does this mean she was believed to be buried and has been uncovered?
What would the dirt tell us?
This article also states that it could takes weeks to identify the body, but we heard today from several sources that it will be identified today.

If I've learned one thing on WS, it is to never assume anything, no matter how logical it may seem.

I took this to be that they want to see if anything sank into the ground below the skeleton. But I could be completely wrong! Thinking out loud.

Could JM be cooperating with the police, and that is why it appears the police are thinking it is a dumping ground? Does the defendant have to go with the police to the actual site, or can he give them some idea where bodies or items may be buried, and they keep him in his cell?

Could JM be cooperating with the police, and that is why it appears the police are thinking it is a dumping ground? Does the defendant have to go with the police to the actual site, or can he give them some idea where bodies or items may be buried, and they keep him in his cell?
Doubt it.

Who decides when identification is announced? Wouldn't that probably be the DA?

What's this?

37.92364,-78.579286

OMG. It's Waldo again. What's the date on THAT one?

I've been counting the number of orange cars around lately. Not many. And I haven't seen any of that shade.

No...jmo

I think it's her and LE knows it, her family knows it and we will soon. The fact that they only took the skull tells me that they know it's her and probably others. They purposely left the rest of the remains because there's more there than they expected. If it were just Hannah they wouldn't need to leave anything would they? Another point, if they weren't sure it was her they would be planning additional searches asap.

I wouldn't think LE would only take the skull???!!

Ammonett Branch, a tributary of the Hardware River, flows under Plank Road less than two miles from where it crosses the Old Lynchburg Road property where human remains were found on Saturday, October 18. Photo: Graelyn Brashear

http://www.c-ville.com/discovery-remains-new-charges-jesse-matthew-offer-hope-closure/#.VEapovnF9sm

From Calico's link above (Thanks Calico66)

<respectfully sniped for space>

Ammonett Branch appears to be a babbling brook...

http://catrineayrshirecouk.ipage.com/brook.htm

The Babbling Brook

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I come from haunts of coot and hern,
I make a sudden sally,
And sparkle out among the fern,
To bicker down a valley.

By thirty hills I hurry down,
Or slip between the ridges,
By twenty thorps, a little town,
And half a hundred bridges.

Till last by Philip's farm I flow
To join the brimming river,
For men may come and men may go,
But I go on for ever.

<sniped - read more>

Agreed. It tears me up that HG had just tweeted about helping an alone drunk girl get to a bus and hashtagged #hoosgotyourback. #hoosgotyourback is a UVA campus sexual violence prevention effort. So ironic and so so sad.

I've been reading some of Hannah's twitter posts as well. It just seems so wrong that she is no longer here because of JM.

Even though he is now behind bars, I can't help but wish this meant that all of the young ladies who died at his hands, could magically come back home and resume their lives. It makes me wonder just how many young women would walk through their doors to be reunited with their families.

At least with Hannah, JM was captured on CCV. This means no more deaths of women by this monster. Who knows how many lives have now been saved?

Very possibly JM's den; ritual/burial grounds... jmo

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Joh...9c9afa!2m2!1d-78.6125319!2d37.9786118!3e2!4e1

Yours is a really interesting (but scary) thought. If you google Copely Road (where MH was last seen) to 3193 Old Lynchburg, it is pretty much a straight shot. Did JM go to 3193 first that night that MH was abducted? Did he intend to, but something made him turn and head to Anchorage Farm instead?

OR--was Anchorage Farm supposed to be his "den", but he had to change after MH was found? This brings up the fact that he registered his old house on ponderosa trail (right between Cville and 3193) AFTER he killed MH. Was that so he would always have an "excuse" to drive up Old Lynchburg?

I hope this trial will be on TV but I doubt it. Judge didn't allow Yeardley Love's case to be on TV. But I would like to see the evidence the LE has against JM and watch justice be served for Hannah Graham and the rest of the girls.

I took this to be that they want to see if anything sank into the ground below the skeleton. But I could be completely wrong! Thinking out loud.

Whiskers, that makes complete sense!! Thank you. :)

I've read that fluids and insect activity under bodies can help with dating-- bet there are experts here on that!

Investigators are looking in the Albemarle County area where human remains were found Saturday to see if it is a dumping ground for bodies, sources told CNN.

SNIP

Sources told CNN that skeletal remains are still at the crime scene. Once the rest of those remains are removed, investigators will dig several feet below to collect the dirt that was under the torso, CNN reports.

Investigators are scouring the area for more clothing and other potential evidence, sources said.

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...uva-student-remains-found-albemarle/17665449/

Watching the video at that link (ariel views from a helicopter) Is that old? It shows the command center at the entrance to Walnut Creek Park before it moved to the beach location. I am still curious about this bit, and nothing has been said about it. There was crime scene tape at the side of the road into the woods, the helicopter panned to the woods and I think you could just make out people in the woods but not sure. I took a few screen shots of the video to highlight what I am referring to. What, if anything was going on there? Is it still?

tape.JPG tape2.JPG tape3.JPG

Wow. Does this mean she was believed to be buried and has been uncovered?
What would the dirt tell us?
This article also states that it could takes weeks to identify the body, but we heard today from several sources that it will be identified today.

If I've learned one thing on WS, it is to never assume anything, no matter how logical it may seem.

Not to be too graphic but decomposition is basically the liquification of remains. So the dirt beneath the torso area would be useful as that is where part of the remains are now if you follow me. I am not sure what info they may glean from that soil about the body or the COD or tox but I assume they hope to learn something if this report is true.

OMG. It's Waldo again. What's the date on THAT one?

I've been counting the number of orange cars around lately. Not many. And I haven't seen any of that shade.

How do you find out what the date is? All I see is a copyright symbol, 2014.

Is that a school bus? Seems big for a regular-sized vehicle, like 18 feet long, compared to Google's scale.

What am I saying? I don't know how long a van is. I wouldn't think more than 10-12 feet, though.

yes, we will get no presser. A press statement yes, presser no. Investigation too fluid right now. JMO

Yes, we have no bananas........Seriously wondering what the delay is. Maybe it's tactical, but I can't imagine why. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth