Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might would believe that if there weren't so many coincidences in RATs case too. What happened to Samantha Clarke then? I'm sure JM wasn't always there when someone became missing after haven spoken to RAT.

Based on the various threads of circumstantial evidence I think it is possible that RT and JM know each other and could have both been involved with AM. (JMO)

Based on the various threads of circumstantial evidence I think it is possible that RT and JM know each other and could have both been involved with AM. (JMO)

Coy Barefoot stated there IS a connection from JM to RAT, immediately following the presser where they announced the find of human remains, CNN interviewed Coy and he said (i'm paraphrasing) that "I'm doing my own investigative work and found that JM and RAT did in fact know each other" - JM's mom lives in Nelson County and has for a year.

I have been a bit confused as to why the ID of the remains is taking this long. There was an article out this morning about the guy who called in a tip of seeing 30 buzzards at the home where the remains were found. I then researched buzzards and human decomposition only to find an article discussing the rate the buzzards can consume a human body. They can consume a human body in 5 hours leaving only the skeleton. Here's the article: http://sciencebasedlife.wordpress.c...oes-it-take-for-vultures-to-eat-a-human-body/

I do not believe in the death penalty but as a woman, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, etc. if this was the way my loved one was left, I would really have to lean on God and not my own understanding. Whoever, did this to this child should never see the light of day and I mean that literally not figuratively.

I can't stop crying. This is awful!

Coy Barefoot stated there IS a connection from JM to RAT, immediately following the presser where they announced the find of human remains, CNN interviewed Coy and he said (i'm paraphrasing) that "I'm doing my own investigative work and found that JM and RAT did in fact know each other" - JM's mom lives in Nelson County and has for a year.

Probably would be good to move this over to the JLM possible other victim's thread or the Randy Allen Taylor forum. There is continuing discussion concerning this very topic.

:waiting: I keep checking in to see if the results are finally in.... :gaah:

Ok, with regards to the Sgt. estimating that the remains belonged to a tall person because it was a long vertebral column; I study human anatomy quite extensively so I decided to dig into this a little and here is forensic anthropology article:

http://www.academia.edu/4236948/Formulae_for_Estimating_Skeletal_Height_in_Modern_South-East_Asians

Now, I don't expect everyone to actually want to read through this(boring!) but in it it say " upper limb bones and trunk(vertebral column) are less preferable predictors of skeletal height in females"

So basically I don't think this officer has any kind of authority to be making these assumptions. He has no idea what the spine of a 5'11 female would look like. It is very variable as many of you have been stating. But it keeps getting brought up so I figured I would weigh in.

While I am on this topic I would just like to add that I am very skeptical of that entire interview. There is no way, under normal circumstances, an interview like that would be allowed during an open investigation. ESPECIALLY after what Longo had stated just a few hours earlier that there would be no answering of questions in the near future. I do not think that officer would be that stupid as he seemed to be a very intelligent well spoken professional. I think they allowed him to do this, maybe even was under orders to give the interview. I think LE is speaking to someone through the media, and has been since the beginning. But who could it possibly be?

IMO

Absolutely. I think with his references to having God lead him there , he was appealing to all of the religious people in the perp's life---friends and family. He was hoping to get them to tell what they know.

There is no doubt of that in my mind.

Absolutely. I think with his references to having God lead him there , he was appealing to all of the religious people in the perp's life---friends and family. He was hoping to get them to tell what they know.

ohhh very good point. I read up on Longo and in addition to his exemplary record, anyone that's worked with him has stated he is VERY tactical, it would not surprise me at all if he planted that interview purposefully.

here's the link to his record: https://www.dcjs.virginia.gov/accred/boardProfiles/longo.cfm
I forget where I read the interview with someone who worked with him...

I've wondered too if the LE officer who gave the interview said that about the skeleton being bones because they wanted JM to think they found other bodies. Maybe they know they found HG but want to make JM sweat it out a bit

Do any of you have thoughts pop into your mind during the middle of the night about this? This case is haunting. My thought last night, is that suppose they can't announce the remains are Hannah because there are more than just hers there? So they can't actually say that the remains are Hannah because they aren't just hers? And they don't want to share that others have been discovered yet.

"I felt like I needed to call... It hurt my heart to know that it took so long." 'Second guessed himself "Why didn't I stop?" How fortunate, this gentleman did the brave right thing to help find Hannah Graham, "put in that call," as Katie Brook reports. (sorry if repeat, from ~7:30, last night)
http://www.wset.com/story/26879046/man-who-called-in-tip-that-led-to-human-remains-recounts-story

Hokies reach out http://www.wsls.com/story/26882074/va-girl-makes-appearance-on-today-show

catching up. thanks

OT, but yes I have had thoughts about this case while asleep, probably bc I am often here til bedtime. Sometimes after a particularly disturbing case, I have to back away for a short while. I did with Mickey Shunick's, and will probably need to after this one. I always come back though, bc someone has to be a voice for all those missing and murdered. We collectively can be a part of that voice. JMO
ETA... meant to attach post asking.

New to this post but have read back through several pages to try to catch myself up to the conversation a bit. I was living in Cville the year Morgan was killed. I had two jobs then, one was in a local bar/restaurant. I was working the night of the Metallica concert, I remember clearly all the fans coming in when the concert was over. (Crushing to think this was roughly the exact time terrible things where happening to Morgan). I was also working the night her remains where found, I remember all of us staring at the TV screens. Pretty much every other person who worked in that bar was was a local, from Cville or Nelson county, and other surrounding rural areas, some of them even working there as part of work release from prison. And one or to UVA students, including one who's friend is the guy who found the Metallica shirt on the bush near his apartment in Nov.

Cville for those who are not familiar with it is a bit of a bubble. You have a very long 29 running 2hrs north to DC and very little that's not rural in between, you have Richmond an hour east, you have mountains to your west, and Lynchburg about 2hrs south. No one really leaves the area, which is what makes it this odd little bubble. You have the UVA students who think they go to the best school ever created, you have the white wealthy locals, who have a bit of that stuck up southern charm, you have the poor white locals, the poor black locals, and you have some pseudo hippies, and some preps, the final two usually falling into the post grad, or post post grad UVA student or alumni status. But my point is it is an odd little culture sort of all stuck in the one little area of VA. And I think comprehending the culture of this town is important.

Because JLM was a LOCAL! He frequented the bar I worked at!!! He knew people I worked with. He hid in plane site! I saw him often. He's hard to miss! I even road in his cab once! He was at a Halloween party at my bar, the year Morgan vanished, I have a pictures he's in the background, at that time his dreadlocks where much shorter, only to about his forehead. It would have been only 2 weeks after the Metallica concert.

All trick no treat, finally, what was he for Halloween, that year, please?

Thank you! Pray, keep telling, please.

OT, but yes I have had thoughts about this case while asleep, probably bc I am often here til bedtime. Sometimes after a particularly disturbing case, I have to back away for a short while.

I do as well. I've had to take a break several times in the last few weeks. Each time I come back I'm hoping for resolution but sadly it hasn't happened.

Ok, with regards to the Sgt. estimating that the remains belonged to a tall person because it was a long vertebral column; I study human anatomy quite extensively so I decided to dig into this a little and here is forensic anthropology article:

http://www.academia.edu/4236948/Formulae_for_Estimating_Skeletal_Height_in_Modern_South-East_Asians

Now, I don't expect everyone to actually want to read through this(boring!) but in it it say " upper limb bones and trunk(vertebral column) are less preferable predictors of skeletal height in females"

So basically I don't think this officer has any kind of authority to be making these assumptions. He has no idea what the spine of a 5'11 female would look like. It is very variable as many of you have been stating. But it keeps getting brought up so I figured I would weigh in.
IMO

I don't think the officer just saw a skull and the vertebral column. The limbs were probably there too, and he could probably eyeball from head to toe and surmise that he was looking at a tall skelton. He is LE. He would have a better eye than most people for things like that. I think we can go on this scrip of the remains he saw. I also think that the pants were narrow legged, maybe stretchy time pants, leggigns, jegging, or that are in style right now and are something that can be described as tight pants.

I dont think he said anything that was way out there or could threaten the investigation, and am confused that LE wanted the statements redacted. I think it just calls more attention to them that they did that, and those statements are still findable. JM's attorney certainly will have no trouble finding them if he so wants them for defense pruposes.

VDOT Culpeper ‏@VaDOTCULP 4m4 minutes ago
@VaDOTRVA @robrymond Rt 631 is closed indefinitely for police investigation into #HannahGraham disappearance.

Can't get the link for some reason...

This just popped up on my twitter feed

VDOT Culpeper ‏@VaDOTCULP 7m7 minutes ago
@VaDOTRVA @robrymond Rt 631 is closed indefinitely for police investigation into #HannahGraham disappearance.

https://twitter.com/VaDOTCULP

"Closed indefinitely" I think that gives us an idea of the scale of investigation down on Old Lynchburg Road/Walnut Creek Park area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member