Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the buzzards/vultures/skeletonization:

I've followed many a crime case over the years. I've never seen any case in which skeletonization happened this quickly due to carrion birds. Maybe this is a first; I am not an expert.

Then again, maybe there is a lot more going on here than meets the eye.

Finally, I just wanted to address the bad rap the carrion birds have received in relation to this case. They are not awful or vicious creatures. They simply are following their genetics and instincts. They may seem disgusting by human standards but in reality they are nature's clean-up crew.

Still, citizen sparrow, this vulture which you call
Unnatural, let him but lumber again to air
Over the rotten office, let him bear
The carrion ballast up, and at the tall

Tip of the sky lie cruising. Then you’ll see
That no more beautiful bird is in heaven’s height,
No wider more placid wings, no watchfuller flight;
He shoulders nature there, the frightfully free,

The naked-headed one. Pardon him, you
Who dart in the orchard aisles, for it is he
Devours death, mocks mutability,
Has heart to make an end, keeps nature new.

So basically I don't think this officer has any kind of authority to be making these assumptions. He has no idea what the spine of a 5'11 female would look like. It is very variable as many of you have been stating. But it keeps getting brought up so I figured I would weigh in.

While I am on this topic I would just like to add that I am very skeptical of that entire interview. There is no way, under normal circumstances, an interview like that would be allowed during an open investigation. ESPECIALLY after what Longo had stated just a few hours earlier that there would be no answering of questions in the near future. I do not think that officer would be that stupid as he seemed to be a very intelligent well spoken professional. I think they allowed him to do this, maybe even was under orders to give the interview. I think LE is speaking to someone through the media, and has been since the beginning. But who could it possibly be?

IMO

My response exactly. IMO most of the "leaks" from LE were intended for JM and/or his family. Either to get them talking or to see if they might get a confession.

My response exactly. IMO most of the "leaks" from LE were intended for JM and/or his family. Either to get them talking or to see if they might get a confession.

does JM even have access to the internet right now?

Virginia's DNA Database 10/23/14
http://wvtf.org/post/virginias-dna-database#.VEmWrOix20A.facebook

<sniped & BBM>
The man whose push helped create Virginia's DNA databank 16 years ago recently began lobbying to expand it to include misdemeanor convicts but now, Chip Harding, the sheriff of Albemarle County, says he needs to take a break from lobbying to let investigations run and families grieve.

"Right now I just don't feel think it's an appropriate time for me to talk about it out of respect to the Grahams. At some point in the near future I think it would be appropriate to have the conversation with the community about how powerful it would be to expand the DNA databank."

Just thinking out loud and tossing out some ideas for people to think about and get some responses.
Lets do a what if Jesse was involved with Alexis's disappearance and some things to considers.

After Morgan's abduction they said the released sketch of a African-American male linked to her and the Fairfax case. That had to rattle Jesse cage and make him very nervous wouldn't you think?
Now, if he did abduct Alexis and keep her shirt like he did with Morgan then he would definitely have a motive to go and try to set up Randy. Randy is a white man. What better way to throw everyone off the trail of ole Jesse by going back to that trailer and leaving evidence there, but not right in plain sight, but where it would only be found only during a thorough investigation.
WHAT IF, and that is a big WHAT IF, Jesse did go with Alexis to Randy's trailer. So Jesse commits his crime but later on he thinks, hmmmm I can go leave evidence back at that trailer we were just at that will then pin this on that drug addict white guy and LE will think he has been the main man possibly doing all these past abductions in Charlottesville which would then cause the trail to go cold leading back to me an African-American male who looks very similar to the sketch from Morgan and the Fairfax case. It's something to ponder in my mind.

I went back and watched and listened to those 3 part segment post interviews Randy gives after the trial and I will have to say there is some tiny part of me that does believe that there is more to Alexis story than what we were led to believe from Randy's trial.

I have always been a very good judge of a persons character my whole life, (don't get me wrong, I don't think Randy is a good person by any means), but something just seems wrong or off to me. Randy just doesn't come across as your classic stone cold killer.

Who knows..... I may be way off base but I would not be shocked at all now if in the coming weeks there is going to be more to this Randy and Alexis abduction story.

Whoa! We were just discussing RAT and JM over in the "Other Possible Victims" thread. I was just saying how I believe the possibility of JM being involved deserves to be looked into. Yours is a very interesting theory!!

Whoa! We were just discussing RAT and JM over in the "Other Possible Victims" thread. I was just saying how I believe the possibility of JM being involved deserves to be looked into. Yours is a very interesting theory!!

I might would believe that if there weren't so many coincidences in RATs case too. What happened to Samantha Clarke then? I'm sure JM wasn't always there when someone became missing after haven spoken to RAT.

I might would believe that if there weren't so many coincidences in RATs case too. What happened to Samantha Clarke then? I'm sure JM wasn't always there when someone became missing after haven spoken to RAT.

Yes, Heroine, I need to educate myself more about that case, but I still wonder about JM and if there's a chance he is somehow involved. I'm not sure I want to know all the details, though.

Sometimes it's fairly easy to look at things objectively and clinically, and sometimes NOT. Hannah's case brought me here--like so many, I've been obsessed. I wasn't even that familiar with Morgan's case, which is even closer home to me....(-life gets in the way, you know?) Now, I think I will never forget them...and the other Va girls, (Alexis, Samantha, Cassandra, Sage..the others)...so sad and disturbing.

I have totally spent too much time here, and I've been a little negligent about other things I should be doing...(or a lot!). But I have learned so much. I love that this site is "strict" in its policies....(oops-I got deleted yesterday) :) And you guys are truly amazing!!!! Thanks, Heroine....and thanks to the marvelous Mods!!!

Ok, with regards to the Sgt. estimating that the remains belonged to a tall person because it was a long vertebral column; I study human anatomy quite extensively so I decided to dig into this a little and here is forensic anthropology article:

http://www.academia.edu/4236948/Formulae_for_Estimating_Skeletal_Height_in_Modern_South-East_Asians

Now, I don't expect everyone to actually want to read through this(boring!) but in it it say " upper limb bones and trunk(vertebral column) are less preferable predictors of skeletal height in females"

So basically I don't think this officer has any kind of authority to be making these assumptions. He has no idea what the spine of a 5'11 female would look like. It is very variable as many of you have been stating. But it keeps getting brought up so I figured I would weigh in.

While I am on this topic I would just like to add that I am very skeptical of that entire interview. There is no way, under normal circumstances, an interview like that would be allowed during an open investigation. ESPECIALLY after what Longo had stated just a few hours earlier that there would be no answering of questions in the near future. I do not think that officer would be that stupid as he seemed to be a very intelligent well spoken professional. I think they allowed him to do this, maybe even was under orders to give the interview. I think LE is speaking to someone through the media, and has been since the beginning. But who could it possibly be?

IMO

I don't think he worked for the same department as Longo, plus he was searching voluntarily on his own time as I understood it, so Longo has no authority over him at all.

If he is not working officially on the case, and discovered something on his own time, then he can say whatever he likes because he is speaking as a private citizen just like you or I.

What would be the point of that? If they really do have his DNA implicating him in these attacks, then they have him dead in the water and don't need to play tricks to get a confession, since they don't need one.

I don't really see that JM has much incentive to co-operate at all at this point, if he did the crimes, since he will expect something in return for that and I doubt the prosecutor would do that until time for the trial nears.

Graham abduction suspect Jesse Matthew Jr. charged in Fairfax sexual assault case

"Virginia State Police said that the Graham case had provided a new “forensic link” in the abduction and slaying of Virginia Tech student Morgan Harrington, 20, who went missing in Charlottesville on Oct. 17, 2009. That link is Matthew’s DNA, according to two sources familiar with the Graham investigation. Harrington’s body was found in a field about five miles from where the remains police suspect to be Graham’s were located. No charges have been filed in connection with Harrington’s death."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5b62fe-5af3-11e4-b812-38518ae74c67_story.html

By T. Rees Shapiro, Mary Pat Flaherty and Justin Jouvenal October 23 at 8:21 PM

T-shirt could be the link between Hannah Graham, Fairfax cases and Morgan Harrington

“In Fairfax,” Goodman said, “they have a live, direct witness to the crime and forensic evidence that could be even more conclusive than the eyewitness.”

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_586125fc-5b29-11e4-ae29-0017a43b2370.html

By Dean Seal Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:56 pm

It's kinda like an anonymous version of Twitter, used a lot on college campuses. You can see short posts from people within a 1.5 mile radius of you. He could've been on there, but there are no names listed.

do you see any posting by a nick like peacock?

Maybe today will be the day we hear official results.

I just want to mention that another poster (don't recall who) posted that same Texas study about the black vultures last week and there was some discussion. Thanks for posting it again.

Someone shared a tweet here saying that Camblos is on a low retainer but still representing Mathew. Also tweets that judge denied Camblos request to act as his attorney in Fairfax case. Did anyone read differently?

If Camblos is not doing it for money or notoriety, what is his motivation?
A repeat showdown in the courtroom of two old rivals?

Maybe today will be the day we hear official results.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer but I don't think we're going to know if it's her for sometime. I thought we would hear by Wednesday or Thursday, but now I'm thinking it's going to be a while yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecilgoodroe