Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New to this post but have read back through several pages to try to catch myself up to the conversation a bit. I was living in Cville the year Morgan was killed. I had two jobs then, one was in a local bar/restaurant. I was working the night of the Metallica concert, I remember clearly all the fans coming in when the concert was over. (Crushing to think this was roughly the exact time terrible things where happening to Morgan). I was also working the night her remains where found, I remember all of us staring at the TV screens. Pretty much every other person who worked in that bar was was a local, from Cville or Nelson county, and other surrounding rural areas, some of them even working there as part of work release from prison. And one or to UVA students, including one who's friend is the guy who found the Metallica shirt on the bush near his apartment in Nov.

Cville for those who are not familiar with it is a bit of a bubble. You have a very long 29 running 2hrs north to DC and very little that's not rural in between, you have Richmond an hour east, you have mountains to your west, and Lynchburg about 2hrs south. No one really leaves the area, which is what makes it this odd little bubble. You have the UVA students who think they go to the best school ever created, you have the white wealthy locals, who have a bit of that stuck up southern charm, you have the poor white locals, the poor black locals, and you have some pseudo hippies, and some preps, the final two usually falling into the post grad, or post post grad UVA student or alumni status. But my point is it is an odd little culture sort of all stuck in the one little area of VA. And I think comprehending the culture of this town is important.

Because JLM was a LOCAL! He frequented the bar I worked at!!! He knew people I worked with. He hid in plane site! I saw him often. He's hard to miss! I even road in his cab once! He was at a Halloween party at my bar, the year Morgan vanished, I have a pictures he's in the background, at that time his dreadlocks where much shorter, only to about his forehead. It would have been only 2 weeks after the Metallica concert.

Great description of the town of C-ville, ThinkHard. I grew up there and went to UVa as well. You hit the nail on the head. And I do think it's important to understand the culture of the town in this whole case. It sheds light onto the environment in which JM grew up and later how he would have fit in (or not) to the culture later as an older, adult "townie". I take for granted my varied experiences with the different subsets there, so thanks for helping to give it color to others.

(I love your statement of "the UVA students who think they go to the best school ever created" :D I've said this before- and I'm totally self-depricating here b/c I went there. But it's amazing how once you move away from the Mid-Atlantic (and farther...) how many people barely know anything about The University. I appreciate it tremendously and am thankful for my time there, but just sayin'. :))

ETA- I've started getting off on a tangent. Sorry. Moved a post below of mine over to What do we know...

I did a google search for Cindy Campos Bonilla, her facebook page is there and it looks like she has been updating her pics on that page recently. If that's the same Cindy B, maybe she has been found?? I can't find any news articles about her, very strange. Then I was reading through the missing kids site and saw this young lady missing from VB in May 2014, with black pants:

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/USVA/VA14-1260/1

I have no idea of her status- haven't checked into that yet...

When contacting missing kids, the girl has not been found as of verification on October 18, 2014 per them. I did call and verify this yesterday with them.

It was a halloween party. I think it was his costume. I can tell you he is dancing and drinking in the picture. He doesn't look like he has a care in the world. Sick!

Ps I tried editing the picture, but when I crop it, it gets all blurry and distorted.

wrong thread- oops. Moving to What do we know....

It was a halloween party. I think it was his costume. I can tell you he is dancing and drinking in the picture. He doesn't look like he has a care in the world. Sick!

Ps I tried editing the picture, but when I crop it, it gets all blurry and distorted.

Send it to me and I'll edit it in photoshop

I thought this as well. And the pants of a 4'9" person may well look like the *tight* pants of a 6 foot tall person.

Sorry to bring them up again, especially if this has been addressed in previous threads. But the fact that Hannah's pants had back pockets makes them slightly different than the usual yoga pants or leggings. IDK if such detail is specified in missing person's reports, but LE would know this about Hannah's pants, at least. No pockets, not Hannah's. That doesn't mean it's Hannah's skeleton, obviously, but either she, JM, or an accomplice was in the whereabouts if they're hers. Still waiting for a positive ID, though, as the time lag is perplexing. Uggg.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 36s37 seconds ago Virginia, US
BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports parents of #hannahgraham taken to Old Lynchburg Rd. crime scene today. Spent about 30 mins on site.

https://twitter.com/NBC29

What would be the point of that? If they really do have his DNA implicating him in these attacks, then they have him dead in the water and don't need to play tricks to get a confession, since they don't need one.

I don't really see that JM has much incentive to co-operate at all at this point, if he did the crimes, since he will expect something in return for that and I doubt the prosecutor would do that until time for the trial nears.

Tugela, I agree with Conductor....the more I think about it, the more I think that interview w/ the Chesterfield Co. officer may have been totally an LE strategy. It may be that the young officer was just carried away (and understandably relieved and proud that he found Hannah), and a reporter caught him off-guard. But it makes sense to me that a very masterful Longo or maybe more likely, the FBI BAU, staged the interview. You have a young, non-threatening African-American officer speaking of being prompted by God....I think they hoped it would affect JM and appeal to his religious upbringing/conscience. They, IMO, had everything to gain. Who knows about the DNA and if there is any of JM's DNA with the found skeleton....some reports said the skeleton was pristine, (sorry, no link). I believe they need every bit of evidence, etc. to secure a conviction, and IMO, they were hoping JM would just completely break down and confess to everything he had ever done. But you're right, if the DNA is overwhelming, maybe they wouldn't need a confession, but unless they find his DNA AT THE SCENE, a defense attorney can establish probable doubt, (edited: reasonable doubt, oops) Just MHO!

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 36s37 seconds ago Virginia, US
BREAKING: @HenryGraff reports parents of #hannahgraham taken to Old Lynchburg Rd. crime scene today. Spent about 30 mins on site.

https://twitter.com/NBC29
Does it sound to anyone else like this may be a precursor to an official announcement that the remains are confirmed to be her?

Ok, going back to the "tight pants". No not the descriptor. What are the chances of the pants being intact if they were left on the body? Or were they found separately from the remains? Animals don't tend to discriminate with articles of clothing and leave them in pristine condition. My 110 lb German Shepherd and his affinity for shoes has shown me that.

Too many feels, feel like I just got punched in the gut, Mr and Mrs Graham :( I just can't even :tears:

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 6s6 seconds ago Virginia, US

UPDATE: police tell @HenryGraff still no positive ID on remains found. Source says parents of #hannahgraham just wanted to go to the site.

Does it sound to anyone else like this may be a precursor to an official announcement that the remains are confirmed to be her?

Yes, I'm fully expecting it now. Feels like things are wrapping up down there and they will confirm ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member