Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And then there is this

Thoughts?

I don't know what to make of the "still no positive ID" but I cannot think of any scenario where LE would mislead broken-hearted parents without extremely *strong* belief that this is her.
Think about it -
1-they called off the search
2-they called her parents
3-they found black pants
4-within range of where she disappeared
5- Now today the parents spend 30 minutes at this site

I think if LE was questioning that this is Hannah - they would strongly discourage the parents from visiting.

Also - I was thinking last night - what are the statistical chances that a dead body (presumably female of tall stature) and black pants is found in the general vicinity of her disappearance and it NOT be her? I know, I know other girls are missing and it's not impossible but given the above 1-5 I am just sure it's her.

Does everyone think Twitter will be the first place it's reported? I know it will immediately be repeated here, of course!!

I think a part of the reason is something you have touched upon, Foxfire. The same group of LE that processed MH's body is now working on HG's and it ain't Longo's turf anymore. These folks keep info tightly contained and are slower to release any bit of info, is my guess. They have their reasons, I'm sure, but I'm inclined to agree wtih your stance that involving the public makes for more info, more evidence.

The other reason that is possible is that some parents, and I know a number of them, in the past years are loath to permit x rays of their children. So they do get the required dental exams, but no x rays, or if any needed just for the particular tooth. I don't really think Hannah is in that category, because her very nice teeth indicate a high probablity of braces at some time and orthodontists tend to inisist on whole mouth xrays. But yes, there are a group of kids from upscale families that may not have xrays on file.

A photo of Hannah with braces has already been posted.

It was said they were found separately of the remains but that's just going by the Chesterfield guy.

I find clothes in the underbrush and ground cover our our house and our area is more inclement, and the stuff has been around longer, and they tend to be intact. They don't really need that intact anyways. Just need to verify they are Hannah's and see what DNA they can get off of them.

I think a part of the reason is something you have touched upon, Foxfire. The same group of LE that processed MH's body is now working on HG's and it ain't Longo's turf anymore. These folks keep info tightly contained and are slower to release any bit of info, is my guess. They have their reasons, I'm sure, but I'm inclined to agree wtih your stance that involving the public makes for more info, more evidence.

The other reason that is possible is that some parents, and I know a number of them, in the past years are loath to permit x rays of their children. So they do get the required dental exams, but no x rays, or if any needed just for the particular tooth. I don't really think Hannah is in that category, because her very nice teeth indicate a high probablity of braces at some time and orthodontists tend to inisist on whole mouth xrays. But yes, there are a group of kids from upscale families that may not have xrays on file.

There is a picture somewhere of her with braces

lots of good info on twitter simply because the news orgs and local reporters following the case have twitter accounts.

So no matter where the news breaks first, twitter will be among them MOO. They are all linking to their articles in their tweets so as soon as confirmation press release happens it will be on twitter and everywhere else pretty much simultaneously.

I have really been having a difficult time , going back and forth. It is her, it isn't her.

With this latest tweet, I firmly believe it is Hannah

If it wasn't Hannah, I see no reason for her parents to want to go to the site

I don't understand why no ID has been released.
It may all be about the investigation and LE may have known for days

Umm yeah, me neither, I just copied and pasted it over there. Didn't really work right, but it's the thought that counts :)

Same here. Just copied and pasted and then back in and cut... very laborious. I need to figure out the right way :)

I don't know what to make of the "still no positive ID" but I cannot think of any scenario where LE would mislead broken-hearted parents without extremely *strong* belief that this is her.
Think about it -
1-they called off the search
2-they called her parents
3-they found black pants
4-within range of where she disappeared
5- Now today the parents spend 30 minutes at this site

I think if LE was questioning that this is Hannah - they would strongly discourage the parents from visiting.

Also - I was thinking last night - what are the statistical chances that a dead body (presumably female of tall stature) and black pants is found in the general vicinity of her disappearance and it NOT be her? I know, I know other girls are missing and it's not impossible but given the above 1-5 I am just sure it's her.

Does everyone think Twitter will be the first place it's reported? I know it will immediately be repeated here, of course!!

I think twitter is just a fast source because it's often seen first because you always see a new tweet if you're signed it.

I have really been having a difficult time , going back and forth. It is her, it isn't her.

With this latest tweet, I firmly believe it is Hannah

If it wasn't Hannah, I see no reason for her parents to want to go to the site

I don't understand why no ID has been released.
It may all be about the investigation and LE may have known for days

Agree! We just must trust there is a good reason and that if we knew all the details we would understand. I wonder if her parents took any flowers, wreath or such to the site.
Not wanting to intrude on their privacy AT ALL - just a thought I had of what they might do....my heart aches for them with these thoughts!

Same here. Just copied and pasted and then back in and cut... very laborious. I need to figure out the right way :)

You can't move your own post, only a mod/admin can do that. What you did is all you can do. But you can click the little triangle on the bottom left of your post to alert it to a mod, if you ask them nicely they might move it for you.

he saves that look

The comment that HG's parents just wanted to go to the site....no normal parent just wants to go to a murder scene with skeletal remains for no reason.Im so sad for them. I would want to go too if I were them. And of course if they were to go it would be while the area is closed off....so they can have their private time there.

Agree (BBM)...If it wasn't confirmed to be Hannah or the scene wasn't related to Hannah, the Graham's would still have a "missing daughter", and the focus of the Graham's and LE would be in locating Hannah, not visiting a "murder scene" that doesn't apply to Hannah. There has been no focus or public search to FIND HANNAH since the unnamed body was located! This tells me, it's her! I also feel that they knew it was her when the remains were found. Although information about what appears to be "evidence gathering" and "investigative searches" continued after the remains were found, the actual "search for Hannah" focus ceased. If she were still MISSING, I think there would have been more information about actual SEARCHES during the last 6 days!

The teeth might not be intact. Someone yesterday posted photos of what happens to bodies after vultures feed on them - they get picked apart, even the teeth get pecked away. Everything might be in pieces (sorry to be graphic).

Edit: Here's one of the links: http://www.startribune.com/nation/141898073.html
Edit2: Here's a better link: http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/...on-human-corpse-in-texas-body-farm-experiment

Ghostwheel's post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...nfirmation**-5/page32&p=11126571#post11126571

Thank you, ClueingForLooks, for bringing this forward, I somehow missed this info. And thank you Ghostwheel, for originally posting this information. I hope others here will take the time to read these articles and look at the photos. For everyone who thinks Hannah's body wouldn't be in the described state because it is "too soon," this might change your mind. And for people wondering what searchers may be still looking for, this provides insight into the many possibilities.

From this link, http://www.startribune.com/nation/141898073.html:

For more than five weeks, a woman's body lay undisturbed in a secluded Texas field. Then a frenzied flock of vultures descended on the corpse and reduced it to a skeleton within hours.

But this was not a crime scene lost to nature. It was an important scientific experiment into the way human bodies decompose, and the findings are upending assumptions about decay that have been the basis of homicide cases for decades.

Experienced investigators would normally have interpreted the absence of flesh and the condition of the bones as evidence that the woman had been dead for six months, possibly even a year or more. Now a study of vultures at Texas State University is calling into question many of the benchmarks detectives have long relied on.

From the same link, http://www.startribune.com/nation/141898073.html, this also caught my eye:

Scientists set up a motion-sensing camera that captured the vultures jumping up and down on the woman's body, breaking some of her ribs, which investigators could also misinterpret as trauma suffered during a beating.

This makes me wonder whether vultures could have been responsible for any of the trauma on MH's remains. I suppose I should put this in MH's thread as well.

P.S. ClueingForLooks, I like your screen name. Teehee... :laughing:

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 4m4 minutes ago

Police continue searching Old Lynchburg Rd for clues in #HannahGraham, #JesseMatthew case. @wusa9

Agree (BBM)...If it wasn't confirmed to be Hannah or the scene wasn't related to Hannah, the Graham's would still have a "missing daughter", and the focus of the Graham's and LE would be in locating Hannah, not visiting a "murder scene" that doesn't apply to Hannah. There has been no focus or public search to FIND HANNAH since the unnamed body was located! This tells me, it's her!

Yes, all of that and the road will supposedly reopen tomorrow....
To me, it's all getting wrapped up today..this section of the tragedy. Hopefully they have official confirmation and can release it , open the road and move forward with the case against this scum and so those poor parents can catch their breath for a few seconds without being bombared with reports every five seconds. No need to drag everything out even more. I hope for them, this can be done today.

and...um...what is BBM? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member