Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand all the speculating that the body was found inside an abandoned structure.. I've heard reports that the body was found in a shallow grave. Which would lead me to believe that it was not 'in' an abandoned structure.

My question is this though.... What person can dig a shallow grave at night? Did he wait until morning daylight to do it, or was it prepared beforehand or ? It just strikes me as odd. Digging can be difficult, especially if you can't see the size of a rock or tree root or what-have-you. How could anyone make a shallow grave in the dark? I suppose the perp could have brought some sort of lights, but wouldn't that have been risky to be spotted? Did he then stay there that whole night or return at a later time?

Sorry if this was mentioned before.. I was trying to read all of the thread, but could not catch up.

Here's a zoom in on the property that belongs to the county, and which is on the park road.

Attachments

• Possible Location 2.jpg
    Possible Location 2.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 463
I've read most of this last thread, but I haven't seen a post stating the distance from the mall complex she was last seen and the location she was found.

Does anybody know, or can they guesstimate ?

During the September 25, 2014 press conference, Longo said if you are a realtor in Albermarle and in charge of a vacant property, please go in and inspect the house. I wonder if they got a tip that JM was using abandoned properties for his illicit activities? I've been very impressed this set of LEs and Longo. They have demonstrated brains, persistence, patience and compassion. Longo made good on his promise to bring Hannah home. RIP Hannah Graham.

The only thing confirmed by LE is an "abandoned property." If CNN is correct that it's an abandoned building, and WAVY is correct that it's a shallow grave, that would add up to being buried in a crawl space or basement of an old building, or even under the dirt floor of an old shed, barn, or smokehouse, or what have you.

I think a "criminal record" means a conviction of criminal charges. The person JM punched in the face dropped charges, as did the police. He was a lawyer and just wanted his medical expenses covered, didn't want to go to court, was willing to let it go.

Story of JM's life. He got a lot of reprieves from getting a criminal record because a lot of people let his deeds go, rather than pressing charges and taking it to court. He would have then truly had a criminal record, though I don't know if that assault case where he hit the driver would have meant a DNA swab taken from him. I believe certain charges have that and others don't. He was never charged with anything that got him swabbed so his DNA was not in the system.

He was Convicted of Trespassing after being Warned, so using that definition they were wrong too.

And what they called a thorough investigation took 4 minutes on public websites and had already been posted on this site for 4 days.

According to the Daily Progress (Charlottesville), in a story updated at 8:15PM 10/18, "Police have notified the family of missing University of Virginia student Hannah Graham that a body discovered in an abandoned property near Walnut Creek Park on Saturday is likely that of the missing 18-year-old... Longo said investigators made a preliminary identification that the body was Graham and notified her parents."

REMOVING STREETVIEW SO ADDRESS IS HIDDEN~!

3XXX Old Lynchburg Road, house owned by bank since 1996, apparently. What does the sign on the side of it say? Corner Plank and Old Lynchburg. ETA: Go into streetview, and slide to the right, and you'll see a sign on the side of the house, on the part where the chimney rises. In this shot, the sign is behind the tree. What does it say? ("No Tresspassing"? Or?)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-10-18 at 10.33.09 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-10-18 at 10.33.09 PM.png
    481.9 KB · Views: 256
  • Screen shot 2014-10-18 at 11.01.28 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-10-18 at 11.01.28 PM.png
    329.2 KB · Views: 114
I've read most of this last thread, but I haven't seen a post stating the distance from the mall complex she was last seen and the location she was found.

Does anybody know, or can they guesstimate ?

Nine miles as the crow flies. The distance is about the same for Morgan.

I think she moved him out there to keep him out of trouble before the college rapes. While I wouldn't live anywhere in the world other than a rural area, we certainly didn't move here to keep our children out of trouble. Something was going on at that time for her to say that.

Rape is never about stupidity. Even a person with a low IQ knows it is wrong to rape anyone. You are right, he didn't learn from it. He raped at the first college in 2002 and went right on to rape again in 2003. JM has been a predator for a very long time.

I will be very interested once all the investigations are done to see when he actually began raping victims and then graduated to murder. For all we know with so many missing in that area it could have started even before Morgan.

He has all the earmarks of a serial rapist/killer imo and they do not take a five year hiatus before they strike again. I think when he murdered Morgan he wanted to relive that moment again with another helpless victim. His trigger is not by years.......it seems to be every year between September and October.

Imo, there are more dead victims out there. Now whether they will ever be able to trace all of his victims back to him may never be doable. A lot of times LE feels a SK has killed way more than they can ever tie them to........

I also think there are more living rape victims. Imo, some of them have contacted Longo by now. I think the tip line phone has been ringing off the hook and Longo knows a whole hellavu lot about who JM really is and what he has done in the past that none of us know about at this time.

BBM/ I agree with you. I think there have been other victims. I don't think the autumn is necessarily the only time he struck either. I am awaiting the DNA match results. Also I think he may have raped some women and not killed them. For whatever reason, Hannah and MH, he did not feel he could let go. I don't even want to think about other victims who may not have been reported missing because they had no one who cared or who did not stick to any schedule, tended to take off for periods of time, and some who are reported missing but LE did not take too seriously, again, because of their lack of accounting to other and lack of schedule, tendency to disappear for periods of time. I think in the cases of MH and Hannah, JM knew that he could not get away with what he did to them, so he killed them and hoped their bodies were not found, or if found, not traced to him. And so it was with MH.

But I don't believe a minute that these two were the only ones.

If that's the case, I wonder if they had previously searched around in that area? Especially given the proximity to Anchorage Farm? I didn't follow the search that close, but someone else may know.

I wondered that too. Remains were found 5 miles from Anchorage Farm and MH...if I recall correctly. Info overload!

I think that LE would have homed in on similar properties as MH locale was so unique to investigation. It make me wonder who or what informed their overall search strategies.

I found it really surprising that Officer Longo once again asked for tips or witnesses who had seen LJM in the area to come forward? With the massive search effort, 4,000 tips, and drone searches, I was taken aback he had to make a public appeal at this stage of the investigation. Guess I am naive but thought they were beyond that by now.

Where was the nearest house to this proximity? Where are the neighbors? Who owns this property? How can a body be there for 5 weeks, decomposing without notice? What tipped them off to the fact there was a body there? Questions....

If that's the case, I wonder if they had previously searched around in that area? Especially given the proximity to Anchorage Farm? I didn't follow the search that close, but someone else may know.

No Evie Ivy Over.. CPD Chief stated that he was advised by FEMA and NCMEC that an 8 mile search radius from where HG was last seen would be sufficient. This arbitrary <imo> conclusion was based on national statistics adjusted for HG's age.. JM's last known victim; MH was found approximately 10 miles from where she was last seen.. It would seem logical to conclude that HG's remains would be located farther out, imo..

I read something on Twitter that she was found in a shallow grave and it was SAR dogs that had provided a hit on some areas that they then focused the searches today on. Whether that is accurate or not I don't know, it's just what I read. Part of a news feed of articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove