Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of parents move their kids away from some area or other, and feel that "out in the country" is simpler. I wouldn't put a whole lot on this. Really, with JM, he had a lot of chances. Yes, he got kicked out of college for rape. That could have been sheer stupidity, and he could have learned from that. Instead he pulls the same sort of thing again, and clearly he still does not stop behavior that is outright criminal. When he started killing his victims, who knows. I will be interested in seeing the DNA match results. MH and the Fairfax victim may well not be the only DNA matches that come up.

I think she moved him out there to keep him out of trouble before the college rapes. While I wouldn't live anywhere in the world other than a rural area, we certainly didn't move here to keep our children out of trouble. Something was going on at that time for her to say that.

Rape is never about stupidity. Even a person with a low IQ knows it is wrong to rape anyone. You are right, he didn't learn from it. He raped at the first college in 2002 and went right on to rape again in 2003. JM has been a predator for a very long time.

I will be very interested once all the investigations are done to see when he actually began raping victims and then graduated to murder. For all we know with so many missing in that area it could have started even before Morgan.

He has all the earmarks of a serial rapist/killer imo and they do not take a five year hiatus before they strike again. I think when he murdered Morgan he wanted to relive that moment again with another helpless victim. His trigger is not by years.......it seems to be every year between September and October.

Imo, there are more dead victims out there. Now whether they will ever be able to trace all of his victims back to him may never be doable. A lot of times LE feels a SK has killed way more than they can ever tie them to........

I also think there are more living rape victims. Imo, some of them have contacted Longo by now. I think the tip line phone has been ringing off the hook and Longo knows a whole hellavu lot about who JM really is and what he has done in the past that none of us know about at this time.

The property in my link above is owned by a Charlottesville Bank, and it's at 3XXXOld Lynchburg Road.

Hope I am within bounds, posting this here.

* Hoping and praying today's discovery brings relief to the family of Hannah. *

I'm quite certain that property pictured in street view is not abandoned. I've ridden by it on my bike a couple times. It is really nice. Maybe it is in foreclosure, but I don't think it is set off the road enough to be the abandoned property that Hannah was found in.

have you ridden in front of any that look abandoned?

Also, "abandoned property" could also be something like an abandoned church.

I'm quite certain that property pictured in street view is not abandoned. I've ridden by it on my bike a couple times. It is really nice. Maybe it is in foreclosure, but I don't think it is set off the road enough to be the abandoned property that Hannah was found in.

Thanks, Mirv22.

That property is listed as owned by a Charlottesville bank, since 1996, when it "sold" to the bank for $0 (like, a mortgage default or etc etc). That's according to the Albemarle property rolls. Can you please look at this side view of it? Does that sign say "no trespassing," on the side of the structure?

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.917...!1e1!3m2!1si0LFgX4wGGFwaoPL6IdnPw!2e0!6m1!1e1

Again, apologies if this is incorrect here.

I think he said "at."

This is so not funny and I'm very sad tonight, but I did chuckle at this because my guess is that Longo is just THAT careful with his wording. We're trying to parse every syllable and he's determined not to make it easy.

My initial thought was not only is this house not abandoned, it's nice. But that top middle window does look odd-- boarded up?

I think she moved him out there to keep him out of trouble before the college rapes. While I wouldn't live anywhere in the world other than a rural area, we certainly didn't move here to keep our children out of trouble. Something was going on at that time for her to say that.

Rape is never about stupidity. Even a person with a low IQ knows it is wrong to rape anyone. You are right, he didn't learn from it. He raped at the first college in 2002 and went right on to rape again in 2003. JM has been a predator for a very long time.

I will be very interested once all the investigations are done to see when he actually began raping victims and then graduated to murder. For all we know with so many missing in that area it could have started even before Morgan.

He has all the earmarks of a serial rapist/killer imo and they do not take a five year hiatus before they strike again. I think when he murdered Morgan he wanted to relive that moment again with another helpless victim. His trigger is not by years.......it seems to be every year between September and October.

Imo, there are more dead victims out there. Now whether they will ever be able to trace all of his victims back to him may never be doable. A lot of times LE feels a SK has killed way more than they can ever tie them to........

I also think there are more living rape victims. Imo, some of them have contacted Longo by now. I think the tip line phone has been ringing off the hook and Longo knows a whole hellavu lot about who JM really is and what he has done in the past that none of us know about at this time.

Well said.....

Good point -- but I am basically trying to say, I don't expect a bunch of sudden DNA matches to other crimes. Wouldn't CODIS have already automatically linked him to ANY crimes at all (kidnapping, rape, murder, robbery, missing women, whatever) where DNA had been recovered? Whether partial or not? (And I frankly think police DO announce these types of links when they are found, they just don't tell a lot of other specifics.) I would love for some of these other cases to be solved by a DNA match to JM, but I'm not holding my breath for this reason.

HaikuMommy, I am not so sure that the FBI would publicly release the info if there were other dna hits in CODIS that matched JM.. The FBI holds info very close to their vests in ongoing investigations, even more so than some local and state LEAs. If my memory is correct, the Harringtons knew that there was a dna match to the 2005 Fairfax rape case long before the FBI released the info publicly. The FBI was afraid that the info would be revealed on a blog from my memory....

Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

'Well said Ocean'.. The 'Thanx' button just didn't seem fitting enough..

have you ridden in front of any that look abandoned?

There are oodles of places that are run down or abandoned looking in this area. Nothing that sticks out in my mind along that stretch. That place on the corner sticks out because I had to stop there and I remember what a nice place it was. This place, that was linked to by someone in an earlier post seems promising, however it was right across the street from a house, so who knows. https://www.google.com/maps/place/3...2!3m1!1s0x89b39d2ffe0f85c3:0xa377784c776b19bf

Yes - that is correct. When the DNA from the Fairfax case was entered back in 2005, there were no profiles that matched (as far as we know) until the profile from MH's case was entered in 2010 and, again as far as we know, there have been no other matches to that profile since. So if both those profiles belong to JM - those are the ONLY two cases in CODIS now that he matches.

Keep in mind, not all DNA profiles developed from evidence are suitable or appropriate for CODIS - these include mixtures and partial profiles. So a case MAY have a DNA profile from a possible perpetrator but that profile is not able to go into CODIS. It can, however, be manually compared to a suspect profile by a forensic scientist.

And also there are tens of thousands of rape kits sitting unprocessed in various LE offices and labs...

My initial thought was not only is this house not abandoned, it's nice. But that top middle window does look odd-- boarded up?

I dunno. Maybe what looks boarded up is just light reflecting off the panes? (Tho the property rolls say it's been owned by a bank for 18 years, after apparently being repossessed?) I think that from the front it looks pretty normal, but from the side ---? Doesn't that look like empty windows, no glass?

'
They said they investigated JM thoroughly and he had no criminal record, only speeding tickets.

They said it again and again, when a local VA paper interviewed a driver that he (JM) hit in the face, and JM then took his cell phone from him so he couldn't call the Police, and that article was out and well known.

'

I think a "criminal record" means a conviction of criminal charges. The person JM punched in the face dropped charges, as did the police. He was a lawyer and just wanted his medical expenses covered, didn't want to go to court, was willing to let it go.

Story of JM's life. He got a lot of reprieves from getting a criminal record because a lot of people let his deeds go, rather than pressing charges and taking it to court. He would have then truly had a criminal record, though I don't know if that assault case where he hit the driver would have meant a DNA swab taken from him. I believe certain charges have that and others don't. He was never charged with anything that got him swabbed so his DNA was not in the system.

The guy was not smart enough to find out houses that were vacant due to foreclosure. He is an outdoors guy....so look for a dilapidated barn or house that would scream that the property had been abandoned for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove