Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some don't find DM reputable but in the last few years I find myself looking for articles they put out on cases I am interested in. I not only find them to be factual about cases over here but they are much more detailed in their reporting than our own reporters.

Although on this case I have thoroughly enjoyed keeping up with Coy Barefoot and think he has done an outstanding job. It is for certain he has inside contacts with LE on this case.

IMO

Ocean, Coy Barefoot stated on CNN earlier that he and Chief Longo were close personal friends...

My first thought was that Hannah's mother can sleep tonight. Respect to the men and women of the community who treated this recovery as their own, that's who we are in America.

Respectfully differ... My first thought was that Hannah's parents would be without consolation tonight and will get no sleep. Bless all of the families tonight who will now not sleep including Morgans'.

Mods, can we link to the Savethenextgirl here? Or not allowed?

Catching up in the thread...I would be willing to bet money JM still hasn't said one word to LE. No way he gave them this info.

I don't think he's talking either. I read that the location was a 'planned search' for today. He had been seen in the area.

This is the only "abandoned looking" place / property I could find in the google view within close range to the northern police blockade. Actually, it's to the left down a little bit from that spot.

abandoned 1.jpg

I have located the general area where remains may have been found based on presser info.]

Looking at the Albemarle County property maps in that website, the property that extends back from the corner of Plank Road and Old Lynchburg Road is 3XXX Old Lynchburg Road. It appears to be owned by a bank? If you put 3470 Old Lynchburg Road into Google maps, you see a streetview of an abandoned house.

Hope this post isn't inappropriate.

ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE MAP AND IMAGE, SO ADDRESS CANNOT BE SEEN.

ETA: At least, the house in the street 3XXX Old Lynchburg Road appears abandoned in my view, looking at streetview. It is very near the corner of Plank and Old Lynchburg, which some people on this thread have said is the intersection barricaded by police.

Yes - that is correct. When the DNA from the Fairfax case was entered back in 2005, there were no profiles that matched (as far as we know) until the profile from MH's case was entered in 2010 and, again as far as we know, there have been no other matches to that profile since. So if both those profiles belong to JM - those are the ONLY two cases in CODIS now that he matches.

Keep in mind, not all DNA profiles developed from evidence are suitable or appropriate for CODIS - these include mixtures and partial profiles. So a case MAY have a DNA profile from a possible perpetrator but that profile is not able to go into CODIS. It can, however, be manually compared to a suspect profile by a forensic scientist.

I did read that Fairfax entered their DNA information after Morgan's case was entered, that they were the ones who discovered the match. I could be wrong because my head is spinning with information...

I will bite. Tell us your story.

Thank you. Pretty close.

Precisely. I get the sense a lot of people aren't aware how big the world is. If any one of us were to calculate the square miles of terrain we are personally familiar with, it would be huge. And likely riddled with various empty lots, trash bins, abandoned buildings, culverts, overgrown brush, waterways, parklands, dump sites and wild areas filled with trees and forests or scrublands. How to search? Where to start? Hannah's apparent discovery is almost miraculous.

Yeah, I've not been impressed with various attempts to minimize the evil of this person. I have no doubt he got off on force, fear, rape, brutality and murder. Now I will say that I do believe not all such killers are pure sociopaths. Some feel some semblance of shame or remorse at times. But never enough that they choose not to do what they enjoy.

From what I've read, these types feel a growing tension and excitement and sexual urge which they ultimately decide to satisfy, by going on the hunt, the prowl. Once they encounter their victims and perpetrators their crimes they feel a temporary sense of relief. Until the tensions Begin to Mount again.

But they can totally control themselves and they know exactly what they are doing. And they are choosing to indulge their evil.

No way is this about someone who suddenly gets angry and feels rejected, and erupts in an uncontrollable rage. Perhaps I could buy that theory if it happened only once.

Thank you for being here . I hope you stay around. See below.

This is what's so wonderful about Websleuths. All the compassionate people who actually care. We process this horror together.

If you get a chance please listen to this, I think you will find it interesting.

http://insidecville.com/city/dr-jeffrey-fracher/

GUEST: Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Jeffrey Fracher.

TOPIC: Jeff discusses his four-plus decades working with violent sex offenders. “People need to understand that there are bad people out there, there are bad people who do these kinds of things. We need to do a better job with prevention, teaching our young people smarter decisions, smarter choices.”

ORIGINAL BROADCAST DATE: Monday, October 6, 2014.

He speaks about the progression of sex offenders.

This is so sad. Prayers for peace for her parents and brother, family and friends.

I'm so sorry to hear this news everyone. Hannah's family and friend's are in my prayers whilst they wait for confirmation of the identity of the remains.

A new article has been posted on the Daily Mail website I thought I would post it.

"Officers uncovered human remains in Albemarle County, just south of Charlottesville, where Hannah, 18, went missing.

The find was made around an abandoned property on a rural road - the area where suspect Jesse Matthew, who has been charged with Hannah's abduction, grew up."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...property-south-disappeared.html#ixzz3GY4t31WE

Aside from all the obvious reasons to be grateful for this bittersweet find today, I am grateful that Longo won't have to endure the criticism that would come in the following weeks had her body not been found. He made a promise and he stuck to it and I believe he would have dealt with the pressure and criticism gracefully, as he has shown us thus far. But, I think tonight Longo can take a deep breath and feel a sense of accomplishment and pride that he stood his ground and for the right reasons.

I wish there were more like him. He is truly a gem.

HLN/CNN distorts the simplest things, even Jean C. when she is not covering a trial. I have see her do it when she sits in for NG. I never take them for anything but a general overall view of something, but jmo.

'
They said they investigated JM thoroughly and he had no criminal record, only speeding tickets.

They said it again and again, when a local VA paper interviewed a driver that he (JM) hit in the face, and JM then took his cell phone from him so he couldn't call the Police, and that article was out and well known.

'

ETA: I am attempting to remove the complete address that I used in my initial posts. Sorry.

PRAYING FOR THE FAMILY OF HANNAH GRAHAM, AND FOR THE SEARCHERS~!!

He is being compared to cases where woman are missing . There was no suspect or a crime scene ,and the victim has not been found= NO DNA

Good point -- but I am basically trying to say, I don't expect a bunch of sudden DNA matches to other crimes. Wouldn't CODIS have already automatically linked him to ANY crimes at all (kidnapping, rape, murder, robbery, missing women, whatever) where DNA had been recovered? (And I frankly think police DO announce these types of links when they are found, they just don't tell a lot of other specifics.) I would love for some of these other cases to be solved by a DNA match to JM, but I'm not holding my breath for this reason.

I thought I heard on CNN earlier today (i haven't seen it mentioned here,or missed it) that the site where they found HG body is 1-2 miles from that's creep's mother's house. I wonder if he kind of relished in that fact. moo.

Sorry no link or anything.

If that's the case, I wonder if they had previously searched around in that area? Especially given the proximity to Anchorage Farm? I didn't follow the search that close, but someone else may know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak