Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post a screen capture of the map with the burnt orange car? Each time I click the link all I get is a solid green screen.

Me too! So maybe it's not my "extended area DSL" after all.

I'm trying so hard to catch up but did I hear in the interview the one that found her that there was "no hair, just a skull"?? What happened to her hair?
Yes, that is what you heard..."no hair, no tissue, completely, completely bones."

wait, did the creek have water in it or is it a dried up creek?

what would the decomposition timeframe be like for a body in a creek?

does it seem like JM must have returned with some kind of bleach or product that would speed up decomposition?

If he accelerated the process with bleach, wouldn't that also destroy DNA on the black pants? I want to be hopeful that LE can tie JM directly to HG's murder, but I had hoped since she was found (relatively) quickly that there would be strong evidence. I so hope LE has the goods on JM. I pray for Hannah's soul and for her parents and family. What heartbreak this is.

i think LE has more evidence than we know, and I don't think that JLM was a big planner. He doesn't seem like the type to buy bleach etc. Yes he is a predator, but I think he acted mostly on impulse. He knew what he was looking for that night. I think he probably strangled her and put her body there as quickly as possible and took his "souvenirs" I also don't think he used any date rape drugs etc. He used physical force. He's huge and a wrestler. He prob showed her his cabbie license or whatever cab drivers have to convince her that he'd take her to the party. Same thing with Morgan. She turned down other concert goers offers of help and hailed a taxi instead. :(

I'm never getting into a taxi alone, that's for sure!

Great link- thank you.

I'm so sad to hear from that interview that there was nothing but bones left :( It makes me discouraged as it pertains to a case against JM....

My thoughts exactly. I'm a little surprised at the interview after Longo's warning that few details would be released.

MOO

You are so right. I have to remain hopeful that there is enough evidence to nail JM. So, so sad for her and her family.

(Sadly, I hope that Hannah was so drugged that she did not know what was happening to her. It is a horror.)

We're all hopeful, Richmond...

Roger L. Depue, Quote from between good and evil;

'My work has given me a profound respect for what humans suffer at the hands of evil, and a particular sensitivity for what its victims endure. During every investigation that I participate in, there is always an invisible observer at my shoulder, whose presence I never forget. Regardless of the circumstances of a case, I am always giving voice to its silent victim.

What must this young girl’s final minutes have been like? Did she cry out while he was repeatedly stabbing her, or keep silent, breathing like a wounded animal, watching for the next glint of a blade? Did her thoughts turn to her parents in those final seconds, when she was overwhelmed by the deepest loneliness she had ever known? Did she experience a dissociative response, the sense of drifting upward and watching her own death as if from above? Or did she sink mercifully into unconsciousness, and feel nothing as her life ebbed away'?
http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/2007/01/between-good-and-evil-by-roger-l.html

So if he did use something to speed up decomposition it's possible he wasn't so much on the run in Texas as simply biding his time. It'd explain why he didn't cut his dreads as well (I'm admittedly obsessed with this decision of his). He was probably pretty confident she'd never be found in a million years.

Notice the pond or lake behind the abandoned property? I'll bet you my last dollar thats how JLM knew about the structure.

This is my first post after finding out Hannahs remains were recovered. I am so sorry that you had to leave life this way, in so much pain and terror Hannah.

Rest assured that LE and the good people of Charlottesville and Virginia will see that your death wasnt in vain, that it helped save the lives of others and that even though many of us have never met you, you hold a special place in our hearts....just as Im sure you hold a special place at the side of a loving and caring God who called one his angels home early.

I just don't understand how there could be no hair on or near the skull. Surely it would be in close proximity to the body if it were intact. The body being intact means animals didn't drag bits away. So where is her hair? Maybe I just haven't thought this through - but I maintain her hair must be found.

Let's remember that this is all that the SAR team believes was at the site. I would imagine it's possible the forensics team might have uncovered quite a bit more that this Chesterfield officer would not be aware of.

i think LE has more evidence than we know, and I don't think that JLM was a big planner. He doesn't seem like the type to buy bleach etc. Yes he is a predator, but I think he acted mostly on impulse. He knew what he was looking for that night. I think he probably strangled her and put her body there as quickly as possible and took his "souvenirs" I also don't think he used any date rape drugs etc. He used physical force. He's huge and a wrestler. He prob showed her his cabbie license or whatever cab drivers have to convince her that he'd take her to the party. Same thing with Morgan. She turned down other concert goers offers of help and hailed a taxi instead. :(

I'm never getting into a taxi alone, that's for sure!

idk. he might have gone back to the site with bleach after getting scared that LE could extract DNA from hannah's flesh like they did with morgan

I read that this is the property. It was on the market for sale, but taken off the market in July of this year. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/3193-Old-Lynchburg-Rd-North-Garden-VA-22959/79003608_zpid/

So sleuthers. What are the odds that someone who used to work at an assisted living facility for seniors...

...would later hide a body BEHIND what was recently (2010) an assisted living facility for seniors?

I would really, really like to know what the connection is between these two facilities (ownership? management?) and JM.

Hey Foxfire- there is another cemetery besides the one at the church at the Red Hil/Old Lynchburg intersection

37.924532, -78.615133
right next to the presumed location the remains have been found at/near
rather clear, but I believe I spy some cedars to the SE outside the fence

the cemetery near Anchorage was out in a field , not trees, if you recall

i wonder if LE, specifically Longo is pissed that this searcher spoke out. or maybe LE doesn't care if the details get out there, it's just that they themselves can't release it because they need to follow protocol? like, better that the info gets released by someone unofficial? maybe this searcher was given the OK to speak out?

also, what kind of DNA can be extracted from the bones? would JM's DNA still be found on here or would all of it be gone?

I thought the same thing re: the amount of information provided by the searcher! Longo cannot be happy...

I'm hurting too, and I was sure that this was going to be the outcome. You still hope that something else might have happened, and when the body is found, you know that hope is gone.

Why on earth did he kill these girls?
I keep asking myself this same question. Not saying he should have been raping women AT ALL, but why didn't he rape them, and leave them somewhere - ALIVE???? What makes a person so incredibly devoid of a soul that they can want to destroy another human, and in such a brutal way? It is unimaginable.

With regards to this house, which clearly looks abandoned, does this nearby car look burnt orange to anyone else? How do you tell the date of the map again?

https://goo.gl/maps/fMTz4

hambirg- I just read that you can supposedly find the date of the google arial views by using Google Earth (not google maps). So I just downloaded Google Earth to my computer. It looks to me that the picture with the orange car was taken 10/20/13. Can anyone else verify this from their end as well? I don't know if I'm doing it correctly.

I think you can also go back in time with the dating of the same area pics. I'm still playing with it and it's not as user-friendly as I'd like it to be! :gaah:

I thought the same thing re: the amount of information provided by the searcher! Longo cannot be happy...

you would think that the searchers would have been told not to speak out, after the discovery was made if it were so critical that no info would be released... maybe LE kind of approved it by omission. like they didn't tell them not to do anything... maybe this was a way for the info to get out there without LE having to be held responsible for every detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BG89