Hannah Graham: The Search - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that's odd though, say he turned his phone on for a red herring, why would he do it right by where MH was found? I mean that looks bad...unless he was taunting LE...

I don't think he did it as a red herring, but let's just say he did....this would have happened before the MH and HG cases were linked. Maybe he thought the cases would never be linked. We can never fully know just how arrogant and self assured he felt. :(

I just walked through waist high grass and it was easy. But hubby blazed the trail so maybe it is harder?

For me it is all of the uneven terrain that is hard. And how about the fact it probably was at night?

The thing I think of concerning this is, "Where there is a will, there is a way". I believe JM had a ton of will.

So if it took an ATV to get their due to very difficult terrain, JM drove HG there in his Chevy Coupe?
From that property. The part they were trying to access was said to possibly be accessable via private road on a neighbouring property.

I've also seen reports saying Morgan was last seen either hailing a taxi or getting into one. I'd like to know the source of this and the source of the hitchhiking report. What does LE say?

Here's one source to the hitchhiking. http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

The MH thread apparently has some information posted at the time about what was seen/said/heard. Until this week, I'd never personally heard or read she was seen getting in a taxi, but, while local, I didn't follow the case closely.

"...As the father and daughter traveled toward Ivy Road and over the railroad bridge, the ordinary ride suddenly took them past an unusual sight. A young woman, dressed all in black with long blond hair, was standing on the bridge with her thumb extended in the classic hitchhiking gesture..."

Here's one source to the hitchhiking. http://www.readthehook.com/88650/hes-still-here-and-other-revelations-harrington-case

The MH thread apparently has some information posted at the time about what was seen/said/heard. Until this week, I'd never personally heard or read she was seen getting in a taxi, but, while local, I didn't follow the case closely.

"...As the father and daughter traveled toward Ivy Road and over the railroad bridge, the ordinary ride suddenly took them past an unusual sight. A young woman, dressed all in black with long blond hair, was standing on the bridge with her thumb extended in the classic hitchhiking gesture..."

Just as a note, though, while I know a lot of digging into what happened to MH helps us speculate what might have happened to Hannah, we need to be very careful to remain on topic so the thread doesn't close - particularly as we might be getting into the hopeful days of most of that proverbial haystack having been searched.

If the phone was off, and someone called him, would it still ping? I think I remember reading that you can be tracked if your battery is still in there, right? I recall hearing stories about LE turning on the microphones on people's phones to monitor them and it working as long as the battery was still in...

Yes, you can still be tracked if you have your phone battery inside the phone. You can't make or receive a call, however, while the phone is "off" (it's better if you consider it to be in a deep standby).

Just as a note, though, while I know a lot of digging into what happened to MH helps us speculate what might have happened to Hannah, we need to be very careful to remain on topic so the thread doesn't close - particularly as we might be getting into the hopeful days of most of that proverbial haystack having been searched.

Agreed!

I really hate to say this, but I would expect that a serial killer would use two "sites" - one to murder the victim and the other to dispose of the evidence. You'd think that the phone would be at the former location, unless it was a spur-of-the-moment thing (more unlikely to be a serial killer, then).

It makes me feel physically sick to type that. Seriously.

Hopefully, he's made such a mistake - it is what LE look for, after all.

It is quite likely that there are two crime scenes associated with every rape/murder. It's likely that the victim is first assaulted, or over-taken, in the perp's vehicle/comfort zone immediately after a successful abduction. Jesse Williams might start his assaults by punching women in the head. That is what he did with the 2005 Fairfax rape victim. His first objective is to mentally disable his victim. Hannah was incapacitated when Jesse Matthew walked her out of is neighbourhood pub, Tempo, and nobody did anything.

A second crime scene would be where Jesse Williams intended to murder Hannah. Morgan was found roughly 10 miles from where she was last seen. Her bones were broken. It was a brutal assault that was not a quick death.

Strong storms predicted for this part of the world Wednesday. I do hope they find her soon.

Thank you for this. Storm into the morning too?

Haven't heard when rain is supposed to start. First one says over 2 in. rain through Wed. with possible localized flooding, second one says storms on Wed.

Haven't heard when rain is supposed to start. First one says over 2 in. rain through Wed. with possible localized flooding, second one says storms on Wed.

Maybe by then they'll have found her.

I agree, I think he's more impulsive and takes his victim right to the site he rapes and murders them at. Although I do believe he is a serial rapist and murderer, I don't think he is as calculating as some give him credit for. I think it's more a matter of impulse, urges, and opportunity, along with timing (the fall season). I think the more he got away with, the cockier he got, and sloppier he got. I can see him taking trophies. But I can't really imagine he was that calculated other than having learned of some really remote locations to dump a body, which were likely known to him just by growing up in Charlottesville and driving a taxi. I don't see him raping at one site, moving the body to another, then going back to visit and/or possibly move the body again, or leave clues to taunt the police, etc. I think he did his despicable crimes and then tried to distance himself and try to rationalize what he did and pretend it didn't happen. JMO.
I agree, people are making it too complex...he did the deed and then got rid of her as quick as possible without a lot of planning. Sure, he knew the area and probably got rid of her the easiest and quickest way possible. He would have been nervous , kinda drunk and could have made mistakes with his cell phone. He wasn't any great criminal mastermind, just got lucky and hopefully his luck is over.

After looking at the series of maps linked in ksj3's post #1235 on page 50 and the map linked by FindHG above,I am struck by several things. Realizing that distances are deceptive in these overhead views it still seems very strange to me that MH's body was left so relatively close to residences on Anchorage Farm in a fairly open area when much more dense coverage is so nearby. And the map of the general area around Heard's Mtn is very dense. So how to pick a spot in the middle of these particular areas. Looking at the location where MH was found I think a very important element is access to water, preferably moving water. This gives additional noise insulation, provides a landmark/path to follow for finding the spot and returning to it, and most importantly provides a place for the perpetrator to clean up after the fact. And moving water would immediately disperse any mess from his cleaning up. With the brutality of the attacks JM is linked to it is quite certain he would need to wash up/rinse off before returning to his vehicle. A pond would not disperse evidence quite as quickly/thoroughly. I think proximity to a creek or river might be a way to limit some of these searches of enormous properties. JMO And thanks to the posters who have linked to the maps. Visuals can elicit new ideas...

Today is one month since Hannah vanished. Praying for her family and that they find her today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tillygirl